Dominic Rhodes on Colin Cowherd Show

There are no poles on fire hydrants, at least where I live. I do not know where people get this stuff from.

Some hydrants in the city have poles.

FWIW Buffalo has more sunny days per year than Atlanta, Orlando and a bunch of other warm weather cities.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if Cowherd is right about anything...his style is just unbearable e to me. I realize, he is sometimes saying things that are "over the top" on purpose, because that is his style, but he just repeats and rehashes the same thing for 20 minutes. I really can't stand the guy. And as often as he may be right, he is flat out wrong too...the more someone talks (and god knows he loves to talk) the chances are they will be right some of the time...Cowherd=bad ESPN

I listen to way too much sports talk radio, flipping between ESPN and Fox Sports Radio...more often than not, I settle on FOX. Unfortunately, Cowherd and Jim Rome overlap here, and they are they represent the worst of sports talk radio for me... Dan Patrick is pretty bad too, so smug and self loving, but a hell of a let less annoying than Cowherd.

I agree. I think for the most part the guy tells it how it is, and although some of it obviously strikes a nerve with a lot of people around here, most of what he says is pretty damn true IMO. The anti-Buffalo stuff I could do without, but other than that I feel like he says things that other people, Rome included, are afraid to say and most of what he says resonates with me. Particularly during topics involving pro and college football. He is right on in those areas, especially college. JMHO.

The only thing Cowheard knows is college football. Pro Football he is a TFAG (Typical Football Analysist Guy) he just spits out a bunch of lame safe predictions (Picks the Pats to win because even if they don't win they will get far enough for him to look good) and tired cliche like player Z plays hard out there.

Than Cowheard actually thinks guys who look at stats and follow saber metrics in baseball are nerds AKA I don't understand it and I don't feel like doing my job and trying to understand it so it sucks. And someone who says Orel Hershiser doesn't belong in the HOF is just Over Thinking it.

Than he doesn't know the NBA all that well and like most at ESPN he belittles hockey. Despite the fact that it is the 4 biggest sport in America right now. And unlike the great NBA who has around 20 teams struggling fiscally the NHL does very well fiscally (Only like 3 to 5 teams lose money each year while the league actually grew 4% in a recession).

Cowheard is the epitome of everything that is wrong with ESPN. He is a Douche Bag with no knowledge of anything besides college football. How he gets work is beyond me.

ESPN is run by a bunch of morons and as anyone who lives in the NY NJ metropolitan area knows the decision to put him on over Max Kellerman was a huge mistake. Kellerman was a funny guy with well thought out opinions on New York sports. Kellerman's ratings were very good but he rubbed some of the ESPN suites the wrong way and he was forced out for the Heard a show about a D-Bag who loves college Football and Golf One know one no one in NY cares about College football and the other isn't a sport.

I agree. If you ever listen to his picks for College Football with concerns to the lines they are right more then they are wrong. Sometimes he just flat out nails it. Like this year when the Lakers were playing Utah. After the Lakers won the first 2 games he said Utah said they will have their token win in game 3 before the Lakers win the next 2. He had it dead nuts. Wish I would of listen to him for that one on the gambling front.

Really bold prediction to pick the Lakers to beat the Jazz in the first round of the playoffs. Now if he told you the Lakers would cover game 4 and 5 it would be a better prediction. Ask Cowherd about baseball or hockey. Also ask Cowherd to formulate a take on NFL football without using a bunch of cliche or really obvious predictions.

Don't take Cowherd as some expert opinion on anything besides college football I could have told you the Lakers were going to beat the Jazz in five and I could say things like the Chargers are going to be good this year because Shawn Merriman is going to be back and give a little attitude to the team.

Sometime last week I had Colin on, and he was praising Ralph and the Bills as a franchise. It was not on the field, but from a business perspective and the regionalization of the franchise(yes, including the Toronto games). He also gave a shout out to the fans for filling the joint, considering the size of the market and the record the last decade.

Gee. Big of him, considering all the airtime he wasted with Ralph-is-senile jokes after the CBA was passed in 2006. You know -- the one Ralph voted against, and ended up being right about?

Really bold prediction to pick the Lakers to beat the Jazz in the first round of the playoffs. Now if he told you the Lakers would cover game 4 and 5 it would be a better prediction. Ask Cowherd about baseball or hockey. Also ask Cowherd to formulate a take on NFL football without using a bunch of cliche or really obvious predictions.

Don't take Cowherd as some expert opinion on anything besides college football I could have told you the Lakers were going to beat the Jazz in five and I could say things like the Chargers are going to be good this year because Shawn Merriman is going to be back and give a little attitude to the team.

It wasn't that the lakers were going to win in five that I was impressed with, it was that he nailed that Utah was going to win game 3 & they did(the only game they won in the series). Any jackass could of predicted that the Lakers were going to win that series, but the way he described game 3 was exactly how it unfolded. He said Utah was going to come out with a ton of emotion playing at home, the lakers were going to be disinterested & Utah would win, then get beat in game 4 & game 5. That is exactly what happened & say what you want but if you watched the first 2 games of that series in LA, it was pretty hard to imagine that the Lakers were not going to sweep the Jazz. & BTW, the lakers did not cover game 5. I should know, I bet them.

It may be true, but it's still old. It might have been funny 25 years ago, but the more I hear the media types making fun of the weather, the more stupid I think it is.

It's because they can't think of anything original to say.

Gee. Big of him, considering all the airtime he wasted with Ralph-is-senile jokes after the CBA was passed in 2006. You know -- the one Ralph voted against, and ended up being right about?

I think it was a Chauncey moment from the "Being there" movie with Peter Sellers versus a sheer genius moment.

I think it was a Chauncey moment from the "Being there" movie with Peter Sellers versus a sheer genius moment.

Maybe so ... but I didn't like Cowherd to begin with, and the way he skewered RCWjr did nothing to change that impression. I spent about a year trying to talk Andy Roth into replacing him with a local show on GR, but had no luck.

It wasn't that the lakers were going to win in five that I was impressed with, it was that he nailed that Utah was going to win game 3 & they did(the only game they won in the series). Any jackass could of predicted that the Lakers were going to win that series, but the way he described game 3 was exactly how it unfolded. He said Utah was going to come out with a ton of emotion playing at home, the lakers were going to be disinterested & Utah would win, then get beat in game 4 & game 5. That is exactly what happened & say what you want but if you watched the first 2 games of that series in LA, it was pretty hard to imagine that the Lakers were not going to sweep the Jazz. & BTW, the lakers did not cover game 5. I should know, I bet them.

Wow the home team after losing the first two games were going to come out and play hard and win a game. Than the favorite was going to take care of business with the rest of the games. Its still not a bold prediction and it doesn't make him a good NBA analysis. And I didn't say the Lakers covered games 4 and 5 but that if Cowherd predicted that and it happened it would have been a more impressive prediction.

That is hardly a bold prediction...the Lakers were clearly going to win, but Utah was a much better team at home, than on the road, all season. Anyone who follows the NBA knew that Utah would win one of those two home games. ieatcrayonz picked almost every series of the NBA playoffs, including number of games of each series...I wouldn't want to listen to him on the radio either! :rolleyes:

What does that even mean?

just means buffalo has more sunny days per year than some other cities in the country that have reputations for good weather. i think he was just trying to make the point that buffalo's weather is way overblown by media tools who have no clue.

just google "average sunny days per year" and you should find a report which lists every major city and the average amount of sunny days per year in that location. yes... i am a weather nerd

ill take B-LO over mudslides, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, forest fires, etc...

That is hardly a bold prediction...the Lakers were clearly going to win, but Utah was a much better team at home, than on the road, all season. Anyone who follows the NBA knew that Utah would win one of those two home games. ieatcrayonz picked almost every series of the NBA playoffs, including number of games of each series...I wouldn't want to listen to him on the radio either! :thumbdown:

I agree that Utah is tough at home but I still think it was a solid prediction. That is all I am saying. You guys being so sure Utah was going to win game three I hope you guys made a fortune on it. They were getting 4.5 points BTW.

I agree that Utah is tough at home but I still think it was a solid prediction. That is all I am saying. You guys being so sure Utah was going to win game three I hope you guys made a fortune on it. They were getting 4.5 points BTW.

But the dude does know college football, I agree. Everybody has their strenghts, and his is college football. I know not everyone likes/loves college football, so if you are not into his football knowledge, don't listen to him. But if you bet his college football picks, you would make money I am pretty sure. I only bet a few games a year, so I cannot verify that for a fact.

Some hydrants in the city have poles.

FWIW Buffalo has more sunny days per year than Atlanta, Orlando and a bunch of other warm weather cities.

just means buffalo has more sunny days per year than some other cities in the country that have reputations for good weather. i think he was just trying to make the point that buffalo's weather is way overblown by media tools who have no clue.

just google "average sunny days per year" and you should find a report which lists every major city and the average amount of sunny days per year in that location. yes... i am a weather nerd

ill take B-LO over mudslides, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, forest fires, etc...

I did that and Buffalo has no where near the amount of sunny days as Atlanta or Orlando...

Here.