Bills down by 7..

Tcali

..45 seconds left in the half. Bills have the ball on their 47. All their time outs left.

When will Dick pull a Jauron?-We all know what that means .Running the ball into the center of the line 3 times--running the clock out.

Now of course there are variations on the score/situation.But in 98% of the situations a winning team aggressively goes for 7 points and maybe settles for 3.

So...when will Dick pull a Jauron?? 1st game?? 2nd game?? 3rd game??

"Certainly we would have liked to have went for it before the half. All our...I think all our timeouts were gone then. Trent knows we need to keep it close. We'll go and review the film, not really sure what happened there...Do I?...Well of course I think you're always coaching for your job in this league..."

"Certainly we would have liked to have went for it before the half. All our...I think all our timeouts were gone then. Trent knows we need to keep it close. We'll go and review the film, not really sure what happened there...Do I?...Well of course I think you're always coaching for your job in this league..."

Dude, way to channel DJ!

I actually fell asleep halfway through reading it...

perfection

Will he pull a DJ?, unknown variable, but if this is a do or die year for him, I think he is under pressure to open it up!!!

Why is this a do or die year? Wasn't last year a contract year? He's paid through the next 3 years.

..45 seconds left in the half. Bills have the ball on their 47. All their time outs left.

When will Dick pull a Jauron?-We all know what that means .Running the ball into the center of the line 3 times--running the clock out.

Now of course there are variations on the score/situation.But in 98% of the situations a winning team aggressively goes for 7 points and maybe settles for 3.

Well, I can tell you what is NOT an option -- 3 pts. -- not unless they can get down to the 28-yard line for a 45-yard kick to get within Lindell's range. You have to add 17 yards to the line of scrimmage to determine the length of the kick. It's kind of sad that kicking is not even an option unless we get to the 28-yard line. Imagine if we only needed to get to the 35-yard line and we had a kicker capable of routinely hitting 52-yard field goals?! What a difference that would make. The Bills cannot continue to dismiss the importance of the kicking game.

This situation is not all about Jauron. Doesn't Turk-ey call the plays?? And it's not even about Turk either. This situation is all about the offensive line. Failing in these types of situations over and over again the past three years is why Dockery was cut, and why Fowler and Preston were allowed to take their games elsewhere. How many times did we see Edwards run for his life on first and 10 with 45 seconds left on his own 47 in the first half? Or when trying a quick hitter off tackle to cross up the defense looking for the pass, did we see the Bills go for no gain or minus yardage on first down, forcing them to pass on second and long?

I'm glad the Bills seemed to have added toughness to their line for this coming season. I just hope there is enough talent to go with the new tougher attitude. With 45 seconds in the left in the first half on their own 47 with all of their time outs left down by 7 points, a running play that gains 4 or more yards is an excellent call on first down. It instantly puts the defense on it's heels, and makes it easier to continue in the no huddle with second and short yardage.

This situation is not all about Jauron. Doesn't Turk-ey call the plays?? And it's not even about Turk either. This situation is all about the offensive line. Failing in these types of situations over and over again the past three years is why Dockery was cut, and why Fowler and Preston were allowed to take their games elsewhere. How many times did we see Edwards run for his life on first and 10 with 45 seconds left on his own 47 in the first half? Or when trying a quick hitter off tackle to cross up the defense looking for the pass, did we see the Bills go for no gain or minus yardage on first down, forcing them to pass on second and long?

I'm glad the Bills seemed to have added toughness to their line for this coming season. I just hope there is enough talent to go with the new tougher attitude. With 45 seconds in the left in the first half on their own 47 with all of their time outs left down by 7 points, a running play that gains 4 or more yards is an excellent call on first down. It instantly puts the defense on it's heels, and makes it easier to continue in the no huddle with second and short yardage.

mmmm......the Bills were awful at run blocking last tear. Then they would run it into the line for 3 straight plays??.The coach-I assume realized how weak we were.I don't blame the O line for the coach playing it safe to that absurd level.

Why is this a do or die year? Wasn't last year a contract year? He's paid through the next 3 years.

And you know the terms of that contract extension he signed? Is it guaranteed, unlike player salaries?

damn that was awesome....perfect Dick....

You've missed the point.

It isn't what happens when the Bills are DOWN by 7 just before the half. I actually believe they'd be scrapping along as hard as they are able if they're put in that position. They have to. They're competitors, and they're on national TV.

The POINT is.....what are they doing when they're UP by 7...or 9...at the end of the half. That's what you should be asking. What will DJ/TS be attempting?

Question - What would Parcells attempt?

Question - What would (may he rest in peace) Walsh attempt?

Question - What would Johnson attempt?

Per another thread, I'm looking for a killer instinct this year. Because if it's not here...well, I'll still be looking for a killer instinct.

DJ and TS will be looking for employment.

You've missed the point.

It isn't what happens when the Bills are DOWN by 7 just before the half. I actually believe they'd be scrapping along as hard as they are able if they're put in that position. They have to. They're competitors, and they're on national TV.

The POINT is.....what are they doing when they're UP by 7...or 9...at the end of the half. That's what you should be asking. What will DJ/TS be attempting?

Question - What would Parcells attempt?

Question - What would (may he rest in peace) Walsh attempt?

Question - What would Johnson attempt?

Per another thread, I'm looking for a killer instinct this year. Because if it's not here...well, I'll still be looking for a killer instinct.

DJ and TS will be looking for employment.

That isnt the point. Up by 7 down by 7 doesnt matter.Just using that as an example--and pointed out that there were many different scenarios. You are very right about it being a killer instinct issue.

And you know the terms of that contract extension he signed? Is it guaranteed, unlike player salaries?

Coaching salaries in the NFL do tend to be guaranteed. I'd be willing to bet that a large portion of Dick's contract is guaranteed, or he would have been out on his butt after last year's miserable finish.

We would, I think, be surprised if Jauron didn't let loose this year and be much more aggresive on both sides. Not because he finally has too much talent to be ultra conservative, and not because it is in his nature to be daring, but because he's used up all his excuses when it comes to mediocrity and losing. If he doesn't win, and at the very least appear to try everything in his power and the team's to accomplish that, there'd be no justification and no fan support - any way to cut it - in keeping him around. It's his last time around; he'll be more aggressive this year. I wonder, though, how much offensively, it is up to him, or if it'll be up to T.S. to decide on the style, level of aggression?