JP Screwed Again - May not be best QB in UFL

JP Losman was so highly reguarded by ufl that he wasnt even drafted, while QB's like below where.

BOLLINGER, BROOKS

BOYD, SHANE

O’HAGAN, LIAM

JOHNSON, BRIAN

BACHER, CJ

Its not like allot of vets werent drafted either, since former Bengals RB Chris Perry (selected by Orlando), former Redskins “big ticket” free agent Safety Adam Archuleta (Las Vegas), former Patriots Super Bowl winning TE Jermaine Wiggins (Las Vegas), former Colts Safety Mike Doss (Orlando), former Jaguars RB LaBrandon Toefield (New York), and former Steelers QB Shane Boyd (San Francisco).

Only one team (Las Vegas) didnt select a QB in thier draft, and thats the team that was awarded his rights, so he lucked out there.

below is link used for most of this information.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/206962-...teresting-names

Vick to the UFL? Nancy Pelosi's husband owns the league, right? I don't think that Vick would sit too well with her animal rights, militant vegetarian constituents, do you?

And, it isn't all about wacky leftists. My wife is more conservative than me, but she absolutely loves dogs. She told me point blank that she would never attend or even watch a game in which Michael Vick was playing.

It's gonna be interesting.

JP Losman was so highly reguarded by ufl that he wasnt even drafted, while QB's like below where.

BOLLINGER, BROOKS

BOYD, SHANE

O’HAGAN, LIAM

JOHNSON, BRIAN

BACHER, CJ

Its not like allot of vets werent drafted either, since former Bengals RB Chris Perry (selected by Orlando), former Redskins “big ticket” free agent Safety Adam Archuleta (Las Vegas), former Patriots Super Bowl winning TE Jermaine Wiggins (Las Vegas), former Colts Safety Mike Doss (Orlando), former Jaguars RB LaBrandon Toefield (New York), and former Steelers QB Shane Boyd (San Francisco).

Only one team (Las Vegas) didnt select a QB in thier draft, and thats the team that was awarded his rights, so he lucked out there.

below is link used for most of this information.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/206962-...teresting-names

He wasn't drafted because he was already named as one of their players, it had nothing to do with the QB's listed, he was put on the Las Vegas roster, so he wasn't eligible for the draft.

Uh...Vick was never that good either. It would be a close race between them.

PTR

Vick was a running back that threw more than most---albeit not very accurately or well either...

As a two-way threat he could be devastating...as a pure passer, he would have been out of the NFL within 3 years...

How does the fact that the UFL is willing to sign Vick (on the cheap) screw JP Losman?

Does he need to be in a completely competition free environment to succeed?

Why yes, he does. With a coach and a team that its utterly committed to his success. If he does not get that, he will never turn out to be the superstar quarterback that he is naturally intended to be.

He wasn't drafted because he was already named as one of their players, it had nothing to do with the QB's listed, he was put on the Las Vegas roster, so he wasn't eligible for the draft.

Ok, makes sence, but did not know that. According to the Orlando sentenal article though he was claimed about a week after the draft.

Losman supporters will be able to use their favorite excuse for him in the UFL's first season: "He's just a rookie."

They got 3 years out of that one around here. :flirt:

Although it's common knowledge that every player you backed, or had hopes for, are all in the HOF or will be soon, you need to let it with respect to JP. Let dead dogs lie.

Vick to the UFL? Nancy Pelosi's husband owns the league, right? I don't think that Vick would sit too well with her animal rights, militant vegetarian constituents, do you?

And, it isn't all about wacky leftists. My wife is more conservative than me, but she absolutely loves dogs. She told me point blank that she would never attend or even watch a game in which Michael Vick was playing.

It's gonna be interesting.

Don't bring your politics in here, talking about "whacky leftists," and then quote the Dead. I'll stay here on team left along with Jerry and co. and you can stay over there with non-whacky people like Jerry Falwell, Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh and Ted Nugent.

Don't bring your politics in here, talking about "whacky leftists," and then quote the Dead. I'll stay here on team left along with Jerry and co. and you can stay over there with non-whacky people like Jerry Falwell, Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh and Ted Nugent.

Why would you feel as if you have the right to both tell me what not to do, and what I "can" do? I can guess....you are a whining, dictatorial leftist. :flirt:

I think that you really need to get over yourself.

Why would you feel as if you have the right to both tell me what not to do, and what I "can" do? I can guess....you are a whining, dictatorial leftist. :flirt:

I think that you really need to get over yourself.

I'm just saying that this is a Bills forum, you don't need to slide in cheap shots about politics. Rest assured, Jerry would side with me on this one sir.

I'm just saying that this is a Bills forum, you don't need to slide in cheap shots about politics. Rest assured, Jerry would side with me on this one sir.

Look, I have no quarrel with you.

Imo, the post was football related. Like her or not, Pelosi is a prominent American due to her position, and most animal rights people probably share her political persuasion in terms of party affiliation. Taking this a step further, I added the comment about my conservative wife being unwilling to watch Vick.

My point was that Vick, by his presence alone, will cause political unrest which could hurt the new league in terms of selling tickets. I make the case that if a team wasn't worried about alienating ticket buyers, Vick would soon have a job in the NFL, let alone the other league. And, I think that Mr. Pelosi will consider political pressure/backlash before signing Vick. Why wouldn't he given his business and the career of his wife?

Look, I have no quarrel with you.

Imo, the post was football related. Like her or not, Pelosi is a prominent American due to her position, and most animal rights people probably share her political persuasion in terms of party affiliation. Taking this a step further, I added the comment about my conservative wife being unwilling to watch Vick.

My point was that Vick, by his presence alone, will cause political unrest which could hurt the new league in terms of selling tickets. I make the case that if a team wasn't worried about alienating ticket buyers, Vick would soon have a job in the NFL, let alone the other league. And, I think that Mr. Pelosi will consider political pressure/backlash before signing Vick. Why wouldn't he given his business and the career of his wife?

politics aside, I think that Vick playing in the UFL would actually only HELP ticket sales.

That is certainly possible, but I really don't know. People are fanatics about dogs. Some really do care more about animal abuse than crimes against people.

very true. i think it would boost sales from both sides of the alley, because people would watch hoping to see him fail.