Reebok gives birth to NFL Maternity line of clothing

KIC

KER

Kicker...kick her...across a pregnant woman's belly? God I hate this woman.

How many kids do you have? I have zero, but I still understand the fact that babies kick a lot, and I think you need to relax. Women dress to impress their girlfriends, not to impress the average joe blow football nut like us. Keep it in perspective man...

KIC

KER

Kicker...kick her...across a pregnant woman's belly? God I hate this woman.

:thumbsup: I thought the same thing. One of the shirts is supposed to say Tiny Kicker but Tiny has been left off her shirt just making it stupid.

How many kids do you have? I have zero, but I still understand the fact that babies kick a lot, and I think you need to relax. Women dress to impress their girlfriends, not to impress the average joe blow football nut like us. Keep it in perspective man...

:thumbsup:

Well, I wasn't the only person who read it that way.

In regards to the latter half of my post:

I was annoyed that something meant to be really really "cute" failed so miserably. But also, it's even more annoying that said failure suggests the crudest form of abortion and the woman unknowingly championing the "kick" method is notorious for being a bratty self righteous abortion hater. Finally, I have no idea where the notion of impressing anyone was meant to come in to play here.

Well, I wasn't the only person who read it that way.

In regards to the latter half of my post:

I was annoyed that something meant to be really really "cute" failed so miserably. But also, it's even more annoying that said failure suggests the crudest form of abortion and the woman unknowingly championing the "kick" method is notorious for being a bratty self righteous abortion hater. Finally, I have no idea where the notion of impressing anyone was meant to come in to play here.

wow--your brain had to do a lot of travelling to draw those conclusions...sheesh..

wow--your brain had to do a lot of travelling to draw those conclusions...sheesh..

It almost takes a degree of depravity to think that "kicker," in reference to a mother-to-be, means anything other than a baby in the womb who is a little on the physically active side. Did you all really take it some other way? Wow. Just wow. Maybe our world has become so screwed up that we look to the sinister rather than the obvious.

It almost takes a degree of depravity to think that "kicker," in reference to a mother-to-be, means anything other than a baby in the womb who is a little on the physically active side. Did you all really take it some other way? Wow. Just wow. Maybe our world has become so screwed up that we look to the sinister rather than the obvious.

My thoughts exactly.

nicely done

Consistently inconsistent I see.

It isn't the word "kicker" but the arrangements of the letters, separating the two syllables which leads the brain to the words "kick her."

My brain reads "kicker" and "kic" "ker" two completely different ways. Obviously, I'm not alone in this.

It isn't the word "kicker" but the arrangements of the letters, separating the two syllables which leads the brain to the words "kick her."

My brain reads "kicker" and "kic" "ker" two completely different ways. Obviously, I'm not alone in this.

douche whydontcha read his friggin post?

Bingo!

Some people are just clueless/ignorant or at least they pretend to be (which I have my doubts).

What would you expect coming from Reebok, they have precedent, the same company that was clueless enough to do this:

Reebok goofs on women's 'Incubus' shoe

BOSTON (AP) - So you're a bunch of highly paid creative types brainstorming a name for a new athletic shoe. Michael Jordan? Taken. Chuck Taylor? Ditto.

Here's an idea: Name a women's running shoe after the mythical demon Incubus, who had sex with women in their sleep.

Reebok did. Now it's doing some major backpedaling.

''I'm horrified and the company is horrified,'' Reebok spokeswoman Kate Burnham said. ''How the name got on the shoe and went forward, I do not know. We are a company that has built its business on women's footwear, so to do anything that's denigrating to women is not what we're about.''

Incubus has been on the market for about a year, and Reebok officials said there have been no customer complaints. Instead, they learned of the name's meaning from ABC, which aired a story about it Tuesday.

Reebok said Wednesday it is looking into ways of wiping out the offending name, which appears not on the $57.99 shoes themselves but on the boxes. There are no plans to recall the 53,000 shoes shipped to U.S. retailers.

''There's a possibility of maybe coming up with a new label and having people affixing them to the boxes,'' said spokesman Dave Fogelson. ''It could be as simple as taking a Magic Marker and blacking out the name.''

Fogelson said in-house marketers came up with the name in 1995. He said the legal department even researched the name to make sure no one else had patented it. He didn't know whether anyone bothered to look it up in the dictionary.

''I cannot imagine any responsible individual knowing what this name means and deciding that it's appropriate,'' Fogelson said.

The dictionary defines ''incubus'' as an evil spirit that in medieval times was thought to descend upon women and have sex with them. A second definition of the word is simply ''nightmare.''

It is not the first time aa company has goofed over a name. Toyota named its model after Cressida, a woman in Greek mythology nknown for being unfaithful to herr husband, Troilus, during the Trojan War.

Other missed meanings occur because of language differences. The classic example is the Chevrolet Nova. ''No va'' is Spanish for ''It doesn't go.''