The decade's 25 most overrated players

Some of that list is baffling!

I agree with most players listed except these 5:

4. Jamal Lewis

7. Ty Law

11. Keith Brooking

16. Olin Kreutz

19. Eric Moulds

I would take any of these guys for an entire decade all day, all week and twice on Sunday. Those are 5 of the best players in the NFL in the 2000's....WTF?

Discounting Moulds because he finally slowed a bit after 2000 is garbage. I'll just pretend he never played form 1998 - 2000 than. Great logic ESPN.

well, I think the whole article is about good player who are considered very good or great players by a lot of people. To be overrated, you actually had to be rated at some point...noone is gonna talk about how some backup running back who gets 2 carries a game is overrated...the players actually had to be good enough to be talked about highly...

it seems the article is just saying their career performances don't merit them being talked about in the manner they are...

well, I think the whole article is about good player who are considered very good or great players by a lot of people. To be overrated, you actually had to be rated at some point...noone is gonna talk about how some backup running back who gets 2 carries a game is overrated...the players actually had to be good enough to be talked about highly...

it seems the article is just saying their career performances don't merit them being talked about in the manner they are...

Exactly. Vinatieri absolutely belongs on the list because he's going to the HOF when he doesn't deserve it. Good for him on being clutch and all, but he's also the only kicker in history to have the opportunity to be that clutch in multiple SB's (both in a dome when the game was tied no less). Plus he wouldn't have needed to win the Carolina game if he didn't miss two chip-shots earlier - but who wants to remember that? The Oakland kick was money - I'll give him that.

No doubt if these guys wrote an article post-98 stating how Moulds had the best year of any WR (including the more publicized rookie sensation that was Randy Moss) - it would receive a more positive reception than we're seeing in this thread. Though I sorta agree with the comments that EM was never thought of as a big enough star to make this list.

I would have listed Moulds in the under rated list.

My only criticism of Moulds: when Bledsoe arrived, and the Bills had a "legit" QB, Moulds kind of fell into the trap of playing to draw the interference flag, more than the ball at times. Otherwise, I think this list is complete crap...I agree, Moulds is rarely mentioned, outside of Bills circles as one of the greats...in fact, he is rarely mentioned at all. Overrated, maybe...but one of the 25 most overrated players in the last 10 years? Hardly...

To me, it's absolutely unreal that Eric Moulds is on that list. He was a very good, productive receiver who put up numbers while having little help as far as the quarterback position is concerned. Also didn't have a truly legit threat opposite of him to take away some attention other than one fluke year of outstanding play from Peerless Price. I just don't get that assertion at all.

:thumbsup:

I would have listed Moulds in the under rated list.

What he said. :thumbsup:

This article was written by a 12 year old. It had to be.

So, if Vinatieri is over-rated, who is a "great" kicker? Morton Anderson, who had a strong leg, makes every kick during the season and then misses the one that would put his team in the super bowl? Great players are defined by making the money plays. Vinatieri has made them.

So, if Vinatieri is over-rated, who is a "great" kicker? Morton Anderson, who had a strong leg, makes every kick during the season and then misses the one that would put his team in the super bowl? Great players are defined by making the money plays. Vinatieri has made them.

Yah the Vikings would've won if he made that kick but him being the goat of that game still required the parlay of the defense giving up the game-tying TD and then losing in OT (where he didn't have the opportunity to kick the game-winner). Where as if the Panthers kicker didn't give NE the ball on the 40 yard line they potentially force OT and win and Vinatieri is one of the goats of that game.

I think that was Gary Anderson btw.

Steve Christie seems like a good example of a kicker who was both good and "clutch". He'll of course never sniff the HOF.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=4269800

Five former Bills are on this list...pretty funny.

On Moulds had how many different QBs, coordinators, coaches during his time in Buffalo?

And maybe Travis...we had the worst O line in football during his time here.

Clements...shut down corner in Buf...wasnt worth his contract, I get it.

McGahee and Ruben...of course we've talked about Ruben in buffalo on this for years, my only surprise was he wasn't higher.

Moulds: I flat out disagree. No way he belongs on that list.

Clements: The contract was too high, but he is a very good corner AND punt returner. He too has no place on the list.

Brown: At one point he had a big weight loss and wasn't himself. To be fair, he played next to mostly garbage for a good portion of his career. 9 pro bowls? No. Overrated? Maybe a little.

McGahee: He didn't keep himself in good enough shape imo. I remember him sucking wind on the sideline. He could have been a better player and does belong on the list.

Henry: His stats don't reflect the fumbles and stupid mistakes. The team played better as soon as he was benched. Travis was a literal idiot and a loser. He belongs near the top of the list.