Jon and Kate

Chef Jim

Yes, they're all over the tabloids. Every time I go to the grocery store, or Wal-Mart, or the gas station...

Kate's attractive (moreso than you'd expect for someone who's had eight kids), but I wouldn't want to be within 50 feet of her. And BTW, I have only seen the show channel-surfing. I haven't stopped to watch the carnage...er, show.

I think the show has destroyed, or is well on the way to destroying, that family. Hey Kate, some things are much more important than the show going on. Like those 8 kids you have, all under 10. <_<

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife watches this crap, I personally couldn't give a damn ... She's a B word, so much that if hauled off and dotted her dead in the face, no one would hold it against him. They're getting a divorce ... the brain dead tabloid crowd is eating this up until the next "Big Story" comes ... now ask any of these idiots what's going with North Korea and enjoy the dumb look on their face.

BTW ... I'm not angry, just honest ... lol

Unreal what they make into reality TV on TLC. I watched part of one episode of this and was bored out of my mind. Kate looks like a bi**h but really couldn't appreciate the depth of her bi**hiness from the little that I watched. I guess the new name of the show will be Jon and Kate Separate

After seeing the previews for American Loggers on Discovery, I can't wait for them to come up with their next reality show, maybe about Porta-Potty Cleaners. Actually, I think that they may have it covered in the show Dirty Jobs.

I'm with you there. It's just these two are on every magazine cover when I check out at the grocery store and listed under news stories in CNN. I just thought maybe one of them cured cancer or negotiated peace in the middle east.

Yet another sign of the aging process. You don't recognize 90% of the people on the covers at the check out.

What is Speidi?

for those who thought this would make them go away, I heard on the radio today TLC ordered another 40 episodes. Hopefully following Jon around chasing chicks. I bet he can get a lot of sympathy sex from female fans of the show.

At least we can all learn something from this. Load your wife up with fertility drugs and have a multiple birth so you can be paid a ton of money for a tv show. Just be sure you don't have some crappy number like 5. People want to see at least 6 babies.

At least we can all learn something from this. Load your wife up with fertility drugs and have a multiple birth so you can be paid a ton of money for a tv show. Just be sure you don't have some crappy number like 5. People want to see at least 6 babies.

Don't be "Octo-Mom" ... Don't be a single welfare queen sponging off of the government teet.

Forget this....watch Whale Wars...a buncha nimrod pseudo eco-terrorists floating around to "save the whales." The crew, especailly the Captian is so incompetent yet so arrogant, you actually wind up ROOTING for them to all take a bath in the South Atlantic. At one point, the First Mate has the gall to say "we dont need to practice anything!" Watching them bumble around is comedy gold.

I actually watched a couple episodes of that show and thought the same thing. They are running around playing sailor, ramming their boat into icebergs. The whole time I am hoping the hull will rip open.

It really is amazing that the this "family" uses their own fertility science gone haywire as a means of celebrity and for-profit entertainment. I read on Wikipedia (so it has to be true) that Kate has some disease that prevents her from becoming naturally pregnant. So they used fertility drugs to help get her to conceive. The science behind it is real, but unperfected and out craps 6 kids when you only probably want 1.

Whats interesting is that Duggar family in Arkansas has 18, yes, 18 children, all born naturally without any drugs or fertility treatments. They also have a show on TLC I think. They, somehow, have 0 credit card debt and make their own everything. Despite their tremendously creepy uber conservative white bread ways, you have to respect a huge family that can somehow make it work, despite the financial supplements that TLC I'm sure gives the family for filming. Jon and Kate can't handle a litter half that size.

This is what's great with America. We're just so obsessed with other people's miserable lives to somehow make ourselves feel less bad, somehow more important. That's why I hate Mtv and the Hills and all these sickening rich kids that wouldn't know a day of work if it kicked them in their ass. I guess all you need to be successful in the U.S. is if you're rich, young, white, and hot.

Whats interesting is that Duggar family in Arkansas has 18, yes, 18 children, all born naturally without any drugs or fertility treatments. They also have a show on TLC I think. They, somehow, have 0 credit card debt and make their own everything. Despite their tremendously creepy uber conservative white bread ways, you have to respect a huge family that can somehow make it work, despite the financial supplements that TLC I'm sure gives the family for filming. Jon and Kate can't handle a litter half that size.

The Duggars are devoutly Christian, so I think that has a lot to do with what they're doing. I wouldn't call it creepy. My grandparents had eight kids, were devoutly Baptist, made a lot of what they wore and ate a lot of what they grew. They didn't even have electricity or indoor plumbing until 1951, when my mother was in high school. I don't think they ever went into debt, or even used a credit card.

No, I don't call the Duggars creepy.

This is what's great with America. We're just so obsessed with other people's miserable lives to somehow make ourselves feel less bad, somehow more important. That's why I hate Mtv and the Hills and all these sickening rich kids that wouldn't know a day of work if it kicked them in their ass. I guess all you need to be successful in the U.S. is if you're rich, young, white, and hot.

This I agree with. Television has changed a lot of people's perceptions. I really believe that the American obsession with materialism and "living large" grew largely out of being able to see it in your living room every night. The other part of your statement is the idea of schadenfreude...seeing rich, young, hot people being taken down a couple of pegs from their seemingly perfect lives.

Unreal what they make into reality TV on TLC. I watched part of one episode of this and was bored out of my mind. Kate looks like a bi**h but really couldn't appreciate the depth of her bi**hiness from the little that I watched. I guess the new name of the show will be Jon and Kate Separate

After seeing the previews for American Loggers on Discovery, I can't wait for them to come up with their next reality show, maybe about Porta-Potty Cleaners. Actually, I think that they may have it covered in the show Dirty Jobs.

It's on TLC??? What are they supposed to be teaching us on The Learning Channel with this crap? <_<

for those who thought this would make them go away, I heard on the radio today TLC ordered another 40 episodes. Hopefully following Jon around chasing chicks. I bet he can get a lot of sympathy sex from female fans of the show.

I'd watch that!

Yet another sign of the aging process. You don't recognize 90% of the people on the covers at the check out.

Yeah like I did when I was in my 20's and 30's. I assume very few of us "old farts" paid attention to that crap when we were young. You know why? NOBODY DID!! It's further evidence of the dumbing down of America.

The Duggars are devoutly Christian, so I think that has a lot to do with what they're doing. I wouldn't call it creepy. My grandparents had eight kids, were devoutly Baptist, made a lot of what they wore and ate a lot of what they grew. They didn't even have electricity or indoor plumbing until 1951, when my mother was in high school. I don't think they ever went into debt, or even used a credit card.

No, I don't call the Duggars creepy.

I definitely respect them and their parenting skills. Jim Bob really does love his kids and does his best to make it all work. I just totally disagree with their values system. Their 20 year old kid never got to kiss his now wife until they were married? Really? She's already pregnant, at 20 or 21 years old, and basically will never have a chance to have a happy, stress free early marriage without the kids. I understand celibacy until marriage. But seriously, its ok to like sex. They turned sex into nothing more than procreation, at an age of both of their sexual primes. I just think its unfortunate. Essentially the first time he ever has sex, he's already a dad.

The teenage kids are the same situation. Repress your sexual awakening as something that is to be shunned and misunderstood. What's wrong with a first kiss? First date? Prom night? What confidence with the opposite sex is. These are all things about growing up all these kids will never learn. They're all home schooled. How do you learn how to interact with people in a constructive social and professional manner? You can't live with your family your whole life.

my girlfriend watches the show and over the last few years i've caught more of it than id like to admit.

when it first started, it was an ok show. the kids were great and it was interesting to see the family dealing so well with such a huge burden.

as the show has progressed, you could see this unfortunate situation on the horizon. Kate was getting bitchier and bitchier, and in turn Jon was tuning out more and more, which caused Kate to get even more bitchier, which caused Jon to tune out... you see how this is going.

do i "care" about this or these people? not really.

but it is sad to see that even a family that was so strong only a couple of years ago can disintegrate due to lack of communication on the parent's part.

the tabloids and papparazzi are simply a (horrible) catalyst to something that was bound to happen. You cant take a 24 year old guy and stick him with 8 kids and an older wife who treats him like one of the kids, and expect it to work out.

unfortunate, but oh well. i have a feeling theyll be back together in a year or so.