Things that are NOT overrated...

Buftex

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Tcali on the Buffalo pizza tip! Everytime I go back, I feel like I added about 12 pounds of pizza to my gut, when I am back in Texas. No other taste experience compares to a great pizza from La Nova, or Casi De Pizza, for me...

Thought of another thing that is NOT overrated: The Sopranos...

..a lawn job by paulie walnuts...

Diving into a pool on a hot summer day

Megan Fox

Islay single malts

Teaching your son how to fill and throw water balloons

Sinking a 12 foot putt

In season fresh fruit

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Listening to a baseball game on the radio

Saburzfan...your friends here at TSW want to make an intervention...do you place no value on your time? You still read Skooby's threads? :rolleyes:

1. i don't have friends, nor do i wish to make any, here at TSW.

2. Skooby's threads are entertaining when the shortbus riders try to come up with something witty to say but fail miserably trying.

3. i guess i have no value with my time if i just read a post by Jim in Anchorage.

1. i don't have friends, nor do i wish to make any, here at TSW.

2. Skooby's threads are entertaining when the shortbus riders try to come up with something witty to say but fail miserably trying.

3. i guess i have no value with my time if i just read a post by Jim in Anchorage.

Go to sleep. The JD will wear off.

As has been mentioned, a good cigar. I will note a Padron is never overrated.

Fine Cognac and good Champagne (although some brands may be overrated)

A snow day (when you are in school), especially when it comes on the day you were going to have a test.

A good meal with good friends.

:rolleyes:

What we do understand is that we have to put up with the nose hair burning smell that comes after this bowel movement. <_<:nana:

Sauce for the goose Lana, sauce for the goose. :rolleyes:

You may wish to read # 1 and #2

:lol:

You should trim those lil nasties.

What's all this now? That's a little personal, don't you think?

Don't need to. They've been burned off! :lol:

Yikes! Don't most women use wax?

Burning a landing strip must be very painful.

-- holding hands with my wife.

-- having the perfect song (fast, slow, meloncholy) popping up on my ipod at the perfect moment, as has been happening this evening for a very good string so far: "Till We're Nude" (The Replacements), "Help!" (The Beatles), "I Believe" (Elmore James), "Hold on Loosely" (38 Special) (hey, it fit), "Walkaways" (Counting Crows) and, as I bang this in, "Especially in Michigan" (Chillis), which just happens to be where I'm heading at the end of this week (hint: Lori).

-- when the first beer flows so cold and deep, you immediately want another.

-- the rare time when i'm able to sit down and write and everything starts falling so well into place that i'm done the 800-word piece within an hour, smoke breaks included. one of the most memorable perfect times that happened was when i did a piece on andrew kulyk and peter farrell's ultimate sports fans road trip in the spring of 2005.

ultimate sports road trip

i swear i wrote that sucker in like 45 minutes, and had a ball doing so.

jw

Playing little league through High School football- To this day those are still some of the best damn times of my life and I have so many memories and friends that I will never forget because of it, wish I had a time machine to go back and do it again but for now the memories will have to do.

Man. That's a good one. You develop lifelong friendships with dudes when you play sports with them. Sometimes you won't see each other for years and you run into each other and it's like high school again just like that. I've also noticed there will many times be an immediate connection with new guys at the workplace that's shared by guys who played lots of sports as youths. Sort of an instant comraderie or common way of communicating between people who don't yet know each other well.

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Traveling to a place where you've planned / saved for a year and it turns out better than you planned (Paris in my case)

Eating that first peach / apple of the season

Hearing giggles of little kids

Teaching a kid how to fish and getting a 5lb large mouth bass the first time out

A good fish fry

A good bottle of wine

Friends

A smoked drive off the tee, a putt that curls into the center of the cup with enough speed that it rattles when it hit bottom

A good piece of road

No extraneous noise

Friday after a hard work week on the patio at Pete's. Having some beers. Watching the sun go down behind the sun dried California hills.

Warped Tour on the Pier below the Bay Bridge

Tailgating at Bills games

Hockey Night In Canada

80's flicks

DVR's/Direct TV/HD