Things that are NOT overrated...

Buftex

I'll combine a few of the thoughts into one:

Sitting on the back deck drinking Shiner Bock, while cooking some slooooow cooked barbecue and listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn on the stereo. (seriously that's part of my Saturday BBQ routine.)

Others:

Minor league baseball

golfing with three good friends

The 19th hole with my golfing buddies

fishing with my son and wife

Bison Chip Dip

WNY Maple Syrup

A sunny fall day in Western New York

Cooperstown, NY

Small town High School football on a Friday night

And of course...

A perfectly executed sacrifice bunt

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree with many posts but I would add:

Peace of mind that faith can bring to your life

A fun day with my wife (might or might not involve sex but if it does - bonus)

laughing with family and friends

learning something new

sunrise or sunset in a special place (moutains or beach usually)

the pure joy of watching little kids having a good time playing and being free - especially if it is with a dog

a nice meal (if it was the last one I would ask for sushi)

100 year old Gran Marnier rivaled only by a good 25 year old scotch (on the rocks)

the smell of dogs, burgers and corn roasting on the grill (with cold beer on ice nearby)

A walk in the woods during a gentle summer rain that cleans the air.

The purity and crispness of freshly fallen powdery snow (best viewed from a window in front of a crackling fireplace)

Give me the first one in combination of one of the others on any day and I will tell you that it has been a very good day.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Well, I have to say, I kind of agree with him. I saw Bruce in concert way back when he was still relevant (mid 70s), and before he really started to suck, and while it was a good concert, it was WAY overrated...and that was back then. I've also seen him perform on TV (Super Bowl and such) and it was horrid, for the most part.

Well, I have to say, I kind of agree with him. I saw Bruce in concert way back when he was still relevant (mid 70s), and before he really started to suck, and while it was a good concert, it was WAY overrated...and that was back then. I've also seen him perform on TV (Super Bowl and such) and it was horrid, for the most part.

You don't know what you're talking about.

I think that was mentioned, as a "cathartic evacuation" wasn't it? :thumbsup:

:lol:

Add me to the list of people who have never understood the Springsteen worship. He may inspire me to start a 'things that are overrated' thread.

:thumbsup:

Add me to the list of people who have never understood the Springsteen worship. He may inspire me to start a 'things that are overrated' thread.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Foie Gras

Man I love this stuff but my wife laid the guilt trip on my about how force feeding of geese was done to fatten up the livers .... she is not a PETA card carrying member but she does sometimes get passionate about animal "rights." Anyway, I swore Foie Gras off as a concession to her desire to protect the livers of geese.

Interestingly she loves chicken livers - a food I find useless and boring - I will eat them but what is the point? Foie Gras is elegant and just downright tasty in comparison. Chicken livers are to Foie Gras as Gortons Fish sticks are to well made sushi - IMHO.

If by irrelevant, you mean every album since you saw him has hit #1, winning numerous Oscars, Grammys, etc., (should have won with The Wrestler this year), headlining the VFC tour in '04 which had heavyweights like DMB and Pearl Jam warming up for him, being played and being part of the eulogies at countless 9/11 funerals, making the definitive 9/11 piece of art (The Rising album), being a big part of the latest presidential campaign and playing the inauguration, being lauded by just about every music critic and every new musician in the world, selling out thousands of concert, and blowing the roof off of each of them, and on and on, then yeah, I guess he's been irrelevant since the mid-70s.

Man I love this stuff but my wife laid the guilt trip on my about how force feeding of geese was done to fatten up the livers .... she is not a PETA card carrying member but she does sometimes get passionate about animal "rights." Anyway, I swore Foie Gras off as a concession to her desire to protect the livers of geese.

Interestingly she loves chicken livers - a food I find useless and boring - I will eat them but what is the point? Foie Gras is elegant and just downright tasty in comparison. Chicken livers are to Foie Gras as Gortons Fish sticks are to well made sushi - IMHO.

So they force feed them. Big deal. They also chop their heads off and rip out the livers. Tell her the proceedure for extracting chicken livers is the same....just as she's shoving some in her mouth. BTW went to a bar on Friday we hang out in and they have a dish with foie gras, lamb liver and chicken liver. They also have a lamb tongue dish. Mmm-mmm good! :thumbsup:

So they force feed them. Big deal. They also chop their heads off and rip out the livers. Tell her the proceedure for extracting chicken livers is the same....just as she's shoving some in her mouth. BTW went to a bar on Friday we hang out in and they have a dish with foie gras, lamb liver and chicken liver. They also have a lamb tongue dish. Mmm-mmm good! <_<

What is the name of the bar? I make it to SF on business a couple of times per year. I would love to check it out. SF is heaven when it comes to food.

Watching the sun go down behind the sun dried California hills.

If there's one thing I try and take advantage of whenever the opportunity presents itself, it's a beautiful view. My family and I took a trip to Hawaii in '87 (I was 15), and I remember sitting outside of our cabana thing near the water. I remember looking out on the Pacific feeling so small and insignificant compared to the immensity of the ocean. The temperature was perfect, the sound of the waves crashing on the shore was soothing, and the light of the moon on the water as far off as the eye could see was just incredible. Even now, over 20 years later, I can remember what it looked, smelled, and felt like to be sitting there.

I get a small taste of that every time I go back to Biloxi and sit on the Gulf, but nothing compares to the Islands. <_<

What is the name of the bar? I make it to SF on business a couple of times per year. I would love to check it out. SF is heaven when it comes to food.

Zarre at Fly Trap on Folsom and 2nd. We go a couple of times a month. Cool place, great food and better drinks.

If there's one thing I try and take advantage of whenever the opportunity presents itself, it's a beautiful view. My family and I took a trip to Hawaii in '87 (I was 15), and I remember sitting outside of our cabana thing near the water. I remember looking out on the Pacific feeling so small and insignificant compared to the immensity of the ocean. The temperature was perfect, the sound of the waves crashing on the shore was soothing, and the light of the moon on the water as far off as the eye could see was just incredible. Even now, over 20 years later, I can remember what it looked, smelled, and felt like to be sitting there.

I get a small taste of that every time I go back to Biloxi and sit on the Gulf, but nothing compares to the Islands. <_<

Nothing better than watching the sun set over the ocean. We have some of the best sunsets at our beaches. I love it! :devil:

Listening to Bon Jovi's "Livin on a Prayer" at full blast. Somehow, that song gets better with age. <_<

:devil::D;)

Any one here living in Buffalo who hits up summer beer tents, go see the cover band Hit N Run and their version of Livin' on a Prayer. AWESOME!!!