New and improved DJ quote

zazie

Can someone please kick him in the balls very hard?

"They've worked awfully hard and they need to get away, they need some rest, they need some relaxation," Jauron said. "They have to stay on top of everything and that, essentially, was our message to them. Stay fit, stay in your books, you have to know what's going on and you have to come back ready to go. We've made a lot of progress, but we certainly have a long way to go."

"We play in a very tough league and a very, very tough division. It's really exciting when you look at the team and you look at it develop over time and I'm looking forward to this year, looking forward to our preparation and that opening game. To open on a Monday Night is huge for us and huge for our fans. It'll be a huge test for our football team and hopefully it'll help us get ready. Not that you need any more motivation for an NFL season, but to open on Monday Night to a division rival and a very, very talented team, is a great challenge for us." --

"They've worked awfully hard and they need to get away, they need some rest, they need some relaxation," Jauron said. "They have to stay on top of everything and that, essentially, was our message to them. Stay fit, stay in your books, you have to know what's going on and you have to come back ready to go. We've made a lot of progress, but we certainly have a long way to go."

There's nothing wrong with this...are you suggesting football players should never rest and relax? Besides, he emphasizes staying in football shape and memorizing playbooks.

Was that quote from DJ or San Jose Bills Fan?

Besides, he emphasizes staying in football shape and memorizing playbooks.

my mother used to emphasize doing my homework, doesn't mean i did it

rah rah rah...we worked hard in June so we deserve extra time off

bs asshat coach

I understand the frustration and Im not the biggest DJ fan, But lets be realistic. Every team is taking a break this time before training camp. An extra day isnt going to mean anything at this point. The players are grown adults also, if they really want to win, or just win the starting spot at their position they need to stay focused. Maybe its our players that have been losing us games too? It cant all be on DJ. If players like Hardy dont have their face plastered in thier playbooks and learning as much as they can while they have the time off, they shouldnt be playing in the NFL. I point out Hardy because after his sub par season (even as a rookie), he may have one foot out the door if he cant make changes. There are other players that need to learn this too.

my 2 cents.

"We play in a very tough league and a very, very tough division. It's really exciting when you look at the team and you look at it develop over time and I'm looking forward to this year, looking forward to our preparation and that opening game. To open on a Monday Night is huge for us and huge for our fans. It'll be a huge test for our football team and hopefully it'll help us get ready. Not that you need any more motivation for an NFL season, but to open on Monday Night to a division rival and a very, very talented team, is a great challenge for us." --

You could insert any NFL HCs' name, in place of Jauron.

What would you have him say? ..."We blow, but be sure to go out and buy tickets and plenty of concessions". :rolleyes:

You could insert any NFL HCs' name, in place of Jauron.

What would you have him say? ..."We blow, but be sure to go out and buy tickets and plenty of concessions". <_<

that would be even better than the Jim Mora Playoffs soundbite if he said that. :rolleyes:

that would be even better than the Jim Mora Playoffs soundbite if he said that. :rolleyes:

I always liked Jon Gruden's post-game conferences.

IIRC, it was John McKay that in response to the question "What do think about your player's execution?", replied:

"I'm in favor of it."

<_<

He does use the word "hope" alot doesn't he? As in, I HOPE I don't have to make an in-game adjustment, or I HOPE I can convince ol' Ralphie that its the players that are losing games for us, and not me. :rolleyes:

Jauron would kick the crap out of you. He has accomplished more than you can ever dream of.

Please post amazing quotes by bill Belichick so we can be in amazement by his awesomeness. The offseason blows. :rolleyes:

Here's what a REAL head coach like Bill Parcells would say...

"To be honest, I can't tell what any of these guys can do without pads and full contact. My message to the team was if your name isn't Brian Moorman, be prepared to compete for your job. It's up to them to do what they have to do to get ready for training camp. If they don't know by now and if they're nervous about how tough the NFL is then maybe it's best they find another profession. If you don't have a passion to win and don't put in the time and effort necessary to excel in this league then you will not be a on this team in 2009. See ya in training camp fellas."

Instead we have Mr. Rogers who's way too eager to hand the players slippers and a warm cup of hot cocoa. :doh:

As a supporter of coach Jauron I can nevertheless understand the criticisms of him. I think a lot of it has to do with his almost pulse-less comments. Some journalist (I can't remember who) described Jauron as Tom Landry without the hat.

The bottom line is, if a coach wins he can say anything he wants. If he doesn't win then he's going to get picked apart by a justifiably impatient and unhappy fan base.

All coaches are broken records in these interviews. They are asked the same questions on every radio, tv appearance and interview they do. You saw it in Greggo, Mularkey, and now DJ. I don't understand why you guys get all upset about it.

All coaches are broken records in these interviews. They are asked the same questions on every radio, tv appearance and interview they do. You saw it in Greggo, Mularkey, and now DJ. I don't understand why you guys get all upset about it.

I agree kota. To me (obviously) his quotes and interviews are funny as hell. I love when he strokes his cheek. But I'll definitely concede that he'd be a lot funnier if the team was winning.