Best all time drummer poll-kind of.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter Beauford from the Dave Matthews Band...................Everyone is going to dismiss this right away because of the name "Dave Matthews", but look him up on Youtube, see a live show, and tell me he doesn't belong. They get a bad rep because of the name and the generic fan's opinion, but get past that and give 'em a chance, he is a beast.

Dannie Richmond and Jack Dejohnette.

Hey Wayne... When I saw you post and the Detroit thing... I immediately thought of Meg White (drummer The White Stripes)... :rolleyes:

Has anybody posted a female drummer? :doh::doh: Can anybody name others? Then there is BuckeyeMike's dream girl from the 1980's: Belinda Carlisle :w00t:

Got me thinking, you can probably smell the smoke!... Here is a list of them on Wiki (American):

Female American Drummers

Then there is Prince's drummer, Sheila Escovedo (Sheila E.):

Sheila E.

I figured somebody had to mention the ladies... Drumming is a pretty tight group that belongs manily with the guys.

Also... Has anybody mentioned Ringo Starr? Probably the most famous drummer... Maybe not the best... We will leave that with Pete... :thumbsup::wallbash:

Hey Wayne... When I saw you post and the Detroit thing... I immediately thought of Meg White (drummer The White Stripes)... :rolleyes:

Has anybody posted a female drummer? :doh::doh: Can anybody name others? Then there is BuckeyeMike's dream girl from the 1980's: Belinda Carlisle :w00t:

Got me thinking, you can probably smell the smoke!... Here is a list of them on Wiki (American):

Female American Drummers

Then there is Prince's drummer, Sheila Escovedo (Sheila E.):

Sheila E.

I figured somebody had to mention the ladies... Drumming is a pretty tight group that belongs manily with the guys.

Also... Has anybody mentioned Ringo Starr? Probably the most famous drummer... Maybe not the best... We will leave that with Pete... :thumbsup::wallbash:

That list has one big omission that I see right away, Yvette "Baby Girl" Preyer. She is Michael McDonald's drummer. My best advice is, if you can see McDonald for free, or if he opens for another band you like, or you happen to be at a festival and he's playing...check her out. You may hang around just to watch her play, and listen to her sing, when he gives her a chance.

I'm not suggesting you pay to see Michael McDonald, though.

Quick Edit: Shiela E isn't a bad percussionist, but her solo stuff is crap. IMO, of course.

That list has one big omission that I see right away, Yvette "Baby Girl" Preyer. She is Michael McDonald's drummer. My best advice is, if you can see McDonald for free, or if he opens for another band you like, or you happen to be at a festival and he's playing...check her out. You may hang around just to watch her play, and listen to her sing, when he gives her a chance.

I'm not suggesting you pay to see Michael McDonald, though.

Quick Edit: Shiela E isn't a bad percussionist, but her solo stuff is crap. IMO, of course.

:doh: Nice take on Dean. Kinda nice to get the ladies innvolved in the rhythm section. :doh:

I WAS going to post him, but wanted to go with Aminal from the Muppets, which NONE of you enjoyed, which saddens me.

Alex VH isnt a great technical drummer by any means, but watching him beat a drum kit into submission NEVER gets old.

I like the animal post, quite a bit. Van Halen, on the other hand...

Charlie Watts

Ginger Baker

Keith Moon

John Bonzo Bonham

There may be better drummers (but CW is very good, and very underrated!), but no rock drummer is as cool as Charlie...the crap that guy has seen from the back of the stage...