Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

• No. It is not performance enhancing. It's just a plant
    • Yes, if they smoke it means they are incapable of making good decisions

Screw code of silence to quote the boon docks I am not going to get but raped just so you can deal crack. Everyone is always like snitches get stitches but almost everyone would snitch if it meant them not going to jail. There is almost no one I wouldn't snitch on just to escape any serious jail time. Very few people keep that code of silence only the most deeply involved organized crime guys keep that.

Can you rephrase that, please? :thumbsup:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw code of silence to quote the boon docks I am not going to get but raped just so you can deal crack. Everyone is always like snitches get stitches but almost everyone would snitch if it meant them not going to jail. There is almost no one I wouldn't snitch on just to escape any serious jail time. Very few people keep that code of silence only the most deeply involved organized crime guys keep that.

“I think that they'll still play in our scheme because they have to play in the scheme. When they don't play in the scheme, you get situations like we got on Sunday - different people at different times freelancing to some degree. And when everything goes bad, as it did on that day, the other team seems to find those breakdowns.”

Dick Jauron on whether he understands billsfan89's post and also his thoughts on playing football while stoned.

I have been a ER nurse for 10 years and have yet to have a patient come into the ER who has OD on weed, or gotten hit in the head with an empty bong. The same can not be said about alcohol. hands down without question the worst drug in our society. I would much rather be smoking weed with a 6'5 350lbs athlete than power drinking with them. So would I care no I would recommend it.

hands down without question the worst drug in our society.

:rolleyes:

I would much rather be smoking weed with a 6'5 350lbs athlete than power drinking with them. So would I care no I would recommend it.

Personal feelings aside, the fact is that it is still illegal and if a player is dumb enough to do it at this point in time, he would be suspended by the league

Personal feelings aside, the fact is that it is still illegal and if a player is dumb enough to do it at this point in time, he would be suspended by the league

And so is jaywalking, spitting on the street, littering, loitering, parking in a no standing zone, and the probably the law broken the most daily speeding .

It's illegal yet people do it.

before looking at the poll...I didn't realize how many deluded pot smokers we have on this board. Sure sign of a pothead..."It never hurt me". Sad.

Hold on there. People's opinions don't necessarily reflect their activities--how can you tell who is a pot smoker and who is not?.

I voted "no." I don't think marijuana is very harmful, and I certainly don't want the state and federal governments wasting one more penny on the issue. I want it legalized and taxed.

But: I DON'T smoke pot. I don't care for it at all.

So, am I a "deluded pot smoker?" A "pothead?"

I really don't care what a long strange trip it's been a long time since I rocked and rolled a doob but then forgot hey are there still Twinkies in the breadbox but Belicheat isn't human--I checked-hahahahahaha--hey, what if Ralph shows up for the HOF ceremoni...wait, what was the question?

New TBD Poll:

Do you care if TBD readers smoke marijuana?

__ Yes

__ No

__ Huh?

I really don't care what a long strange trip it's been a long time since I rocked and rolled a doob but then forgot hey are there still Twinkies in the breadbox but Belicheat isn't human--I checked-hahahahahaha--hey, what if Ralph shows up for the HOF ceremoni...wait, what was the question?

New TBD Poll:

Do you care if TBD readers smoke marijuana?

__ Yes

__ No

__ Huh?

_X_ Huh?

before looking at the poll...I didn't realize how many deluded pot smokers we have on this board. Sure sign of a pothead..."It never hurt me". Sad.

I know a vascular surgeon that smokes pot almost daily.

I also know an ENT, orthopedic surgeon, and pediatrician that smoke it regularly.

They live in different areas, and each of them is highly-regarded in their field.

Perhaps you've got tunnel vision in relation to the use of pot, or perhaps you're simply self-righteous. Either way, get off of your high horse.

I also know an ENT, orthopedic surgeon, and pediatrician that smoke it regularly.

They live in different areas, and each of them is highly-regarded in their field.

Perhaps you've got tunnel vision in relation to the use of pot, or perhaps you're simply self-righteous. Either way, get off of your high horse.

yeah sure you do...I'm sure that vascular surgeon smokes pot every day(almost)...I'm not on any high horse. I've smoked pot in the past and I've seen the results of pot on people(including myself) for over 50 yrs.

You seem awfully angry in your response. Touched a nerve ehh?? Truth hurts.

Guest three3

the general public has no idea how many people in the medical field smoke mj. it is a bigger percentage than most would assume and i would not be surprised if it was near 40%-50%

Guest three3
TRUE!

but how many get caught? one every few years? a lot of these players smoke it and know exactly how to not get caught. that is why it is not a poll option

but how many get caught? one every few years? a lot of these players smoke it and know exactly how to not get caught. that is why it is not a poll option

Here is the problem as it has been stated before, you only gave people two options:

No. It is not performance enhancing. It's just a plant

Yes, if they smoke it means they are incapable of making good decisions

So if someone says yes, it's cool to be a pothead or whatever, and it's no big deal, but if they say no it's the end of the world and that person is an idiot. You basically make it seem like yes it's cool and if someone says no they are evil

Personally, I will never touch the stuff, never had a desire to, but i don't crucify anyone who does, it's your business , it's your body. The problem is that you spout #'s that you may not have proof of, (40-50%) of med students do it? Prove it. I don't care what they do in their free time, but the minute those actions impact another person's life, then you have a bigger problem.

Guest three3
Here is the problem as it has been stated before, you only gave people two options:

No. It is not performance enhancing. It's just a plant

Yes, if they smoke it means they are incapable of making good decisions

So if someone says yes, it's cool to be a pothead or whatever, and it's no big deal, but if they say no it's the end of the world and that person is an idiot. You basically make it seem like yes it's cool and if someone says no they are evil

Personally, I will never touch the stuff, never had a desire to, but i don't crucify anyone who does, it's your business , it's your body. The problem is that you spout #'s that you may not have proof of, (40-50%) of med students do it? Prove it. I don't care what they do in their free time, but the minute those actions impact another person's life, then you have a bigger problem.

not med students but people who work in the med industry. have a couple nurse friends and they say a TON of doctors and nurses smoke

not med students but people who work in the med industry. have a couple nurse friends and they say a TON of doctors and nurses smoke

So because a couple of nurses say it, it must be true? Come on man, come with something better than " well someone told me there are a ton of doctors who do it." Show us some proof, not just word of mouth.

That's great.

I can't wait to end up in my local hospital getting my blood drawn by a chronic pot smoking nurse.

Actually, there's a good chance you already have. You have also very possibly have been treated by an alcoholic and/or drug addict. How do you think you would know, anyway? Do you think all chronic drug users wear a stamp on their heads, of look like the pictures of meth-heads in the police blotter?

Take away the word "chronic" (as most here are talking about occasional users of pot) and I can almost guarantee you have been treated by someone who has smoked pot.

Actually, there's a good chance you already have. You have also very possibly have been treated by an alcoholic and/or drug addict. How do you think you would know, anyway? Do you think all chronic drug users wear a stamp on their heads, of look like the pictures of meth-heads in the police blotter?

Take away the word "chronic" (as most here are talking about occasional users of pot) and I can almost guarantee you have been treated by someone who has smoked pot.

Very good point Dean, i am sure that it has probably happened to most of us at some point, and it's not something you will know about. As long as they don't Eff up the procedure because they are high, i could care less. As I stated before, I have never touched the stuff but I don't condemn those who do.

yeah sure you do...I'm sure that vascular surgeon smokes pot every day(almost)...I'm not on any high horse. I've smoked pot in the past and I've seen the results of pot on people(including myself) for over 50 yrs.

You seem awfully angry in your response. Touched a nerve ehh?? Truth hurts.

so instead of defending your position in light of the facts i present, you choose to call me an angry liar?

just curious, but what part of the following reads as angry?

Defiant in regard to your insinuation that nobody that smokes pot can be effective, perhaps, but angry? pfft.

If you don't like the idea that professionals use it, that's fine, but it doesn't make it any less true. It also doesn't make me angry.

Your response makes me think that perhaps I'm the one that touched a nerve...

I don't mind as long as they pass it around. Seriously, players are getting suspended for thing that are legal outside of the NFL, weed is illegal in every state. Do you mind if they shoot up heroine before a game, or rape a grade schooler after practice? They are people just like you and I, same laws pertain to them.

That's a BS statement comparing doing a drug to rape and you are out of line.

Weed is NOT illegal in every state...go to Cali and get prescription dummbass.

Your avatar is one of the best...but please do a little research before you post next time.

Right, but the law is the law. You change it by being an activist, not by disobeying it.

With the fourth coming up, after reading this, I could not help but think that it is a good thing our forefathers didn't share this belief. I'm sure I'll get flamed for making this comparison but the fact of the matter is they tried to do it the right way and work within the system. When that failed and they realized that they would never have a representative government they broke the laws. Of course the laws they broke would not have resulted in them losing a lucrative contract, they would have lost their lives had agents of the crown ever caught them.

If we look to more recent history you could use Martin Luther King as an example. As an activist he broke laws to bring attention to the injustice. By practicing civil disobedience and breaking those laws, he was able to get many of those laws changed because he brought attention to how unjust or hypocritical they were. We all know the old adage "when one man breaks the law he is committing a crime. When a thousand men break a law it is civil disobedience." It could be argued that if enough of these athletes tested positive it could actually force society to acknowledge a problem with the laws and force the politicians to address them. Of course that could never happen. Too many pharmaceutical companies would lose revenue; from the pain pills they push to the psychotropics (which have been involved in every significant school shooting over the past 20 years) that more than half the country is currently being prescribed, that is a lot of cash.

Yes, I know this thread is supposed to be about whether or not I care if Bills players smoke or not. I've always maintained that for the money these guys make they should be able to abstain. In fact I would prefer they did abstain as their inability to do so could cost the team dearly.

However, playing devil's advocate, I'd have to say if we did not have the draconian anti-marijuana laws, that were the result of a PR campaign designed to maintain control of a market, this would not be an issue and we'd be happy to have players treat their pain with marijuana as opposed to highly addictive substances such as the Oxycodone, Hydocodone, and Meperidine, which are routinely handed out to these athletes like candy. All of which, by the way, are very much mind altering, contrary to the claims of one poster.

"The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

:lol:

With the fourth coming up, after reading this, I could not help but think that it is a good thing our forefathers didn't share this belief. I'm sure I'll get flamed for making this comparison but the fact of the matter is they tried to do it the right way and work within the system. When that failed and they realized that they would never have a representative government they broke the laws. Of course the laws they broke would not have resulted in them losing a lucrative contract, they would have lost their lives had agents of the crown ever caught them.

If we look to more recent history you could use Martin Luther King as an example. As an activist he broke laws to bring attention to the injustice. By practicing civil disobedience and breaking those laws, he was able to get many of those laws changed because he brought attention to how unjust or hypocritical they were. We all know the old adage "when one man breaks the law he is committing a crime. When a thousand men break a law it is civil disobedience." It could be argued that if enough of these athletes tested positive it could actually force society to acknowledge a problem with the laws and force the politicians to address them. Of course that could never happen. Too many pharmaceutical companies would lose revenue; from the pain pills they push to the psychotropics (which have been involved in every significant school shooting over the past 20 years) that more than half the country is currently being prescribed, that is a lot of cash.

Yes, I know this thread is supposed to be about whether or not I care if Bills players smoke or not. I've always maintained that for the money these guys make they should be able to abstain. In fact I would prefer they did abstain as their inability to do so could cost the team dearly.

However, playing devil's advocate, I'd have to say if we did not have the draconian anti-marijuana laws, that were the result of a PR campaign designed to maintain control of a market, this would not be an issue and we'd be happy to have players treat their pain with marijuana as opposed to highly addictive substances such as the Oxycodone, Hydocodone, and Meperidine, which are routinely handed out to these athletes like candy. All of which, by the way, are very much mind altering, contrary to the claims of one poster.

"The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Great post

Are you kidding me? Are you really comparing our founding fathers and their need to form a new government to illegal marijuana use? Please tell me you are joking, because that would be sad - and stupid. If you can't see the difference between the two maybe you should post while not smoking.

Are you kidding me? Are you really comparing our founding fathers and their need to form a new government to illegal marijuana use? Please tell me you are joking, because that would be sad - and stupid. If you can't see the difference between the two maybe you should post while not smoking.

While I can understand why you would choose to call my analogy "sad", I'm not quite sure why you would call it stupid. Unless I'm mistaken the word stupid indicates a lack of intelligence, or ideas that are a result of thinking without the ability to reason, make use of logic, or make correlations between ideas and events. I'll assume you are not calling me unintelligent as you don't know me well enough to judge that particular aspect of my psyche. So please allow me to retort.

First off I have not smoked in forever. To steal a quote "There is a time and a place for everything and it is called college."

Secondly I was making an analogy. You know what that is right? You can look up the word in a dictionary. You know that book full of words and their uses? Based on your understanding of the word "stupid" you may want to invest in one. In case you don't understand the concept of an analogy, let me break it down for you in simple terms:

King George was making laws without the consent of the people and often in direct opposition to what the people expressed they felt was right or corresponded with their belief system. Our founding fathers did not agree with said laws, tried to reason with the king to no avail through legal means and when that failed, broke said laws.

The United States government made laws regarding marijuana without input from the people, and in spite of input from AMA, at the time. Today people have tried repeatedly to reverse those laws through proper procedure but have been stymied due to to lobbyists from pharmaceutical companies, paper companies, the alcohol industry, legal industry, as well as law enforcement agencies fearful of having their budgets cut. As a result said people are breaking those laws for similar reasons our forefathers broke the laws of King George.

As an aside, it has been well documented that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Andrew Jackson, James Monroe, John Adams, and even Ben Franklin grew and/or smoked hemp. (you know, marijuana?) In fact Franklin smoked hash. It has been documented, so go ahead and do your research. Today the number one cash crop for both Thomas Jefferson and George Washington would be illegal.

Hmmm... I wonder what their reaction might be to being told they could not keep their livelihood, or do what they wanted with their own land?

Ps. I apologize for the length of this post. When I try and convey an idea I have this pesky habit of putting sentences one after the other to develop it and ensure it is understandable. Hopefully you had your Ritalin this evening.

I was making an analogy. You know what that is right?

There's the problem. Some people don't have the ability to understand analogies. They focus on the differences between the two comparatives, and forget the analogy tends to deal in the relationship of concepts. It pretty much is impossible to have an intelligent discussion, and argument, with someone who doesn't understand the concept of the analogy.

I almost posted the same thing, when I read todd's response. He either doesn't understand analogies, or is trying to deflect the intelligent argument by focusing on the differences between the two concepts.

There's the problem. Some people don't have the ability to understand analogies. They focus on the differences between the two comparatives, and forget the analogy tends to deal in the relationship of concepts. It pretty much is impossible to have an intelligent discussion, and argument, with someone who doesn't understand the concept of the analogy.

I almost posted the same thing, when I read todd's response. He either doesn't understand analogies, or is trying to deflect the intelligent argument by focusing on the differences between the two concepts.

You're in St Auggie right now? If you haven't already tried it, Harry's is a tasty place to eat dinner. If you are on the beach Stir It Up rocks for lunch. I've been meaning to get up there for months and every weekend something seems to come up.

As far as the analogies theory goes, he gets it. I've seen enough of his posts to know he has a vocabulary. At least he didn't resort to his usual retort of "Douche."

It is an interesting analogy. The question I have to ask, is what percentage of Americans would be in favor of legalizing herb? 50/50? Part of the reason it isn't so aggressively pursued is because it is borderline accepted already. Like we already discussed, unless you are smoking in public, no one cares. The penalty for being caught with a little weed is minimal. I have heard many many accounts of cops just dumping the stuff out and giving a warning.

Now, if smoking weed all of sudden became difficult and penalties severe, we would see some action. Someday, it will be legal but until then don't be a moron and enjoy yourself. I have no problem with employers setting rules either. The NFL is certainly within their rights to run the league how they see fit. Go do something else if you don't like it or just deal with the consequences. It all falls back to the moron rule again.

It is an interesting analogy. The question I have to ask, is what percentage of Americans would be in favor of legalizing herb? 50/50? Part of the reason it isn't so aggressively pursued is because it is borderline accepted already. Like we already discussed, unless you are smoking in public, no one cares. The penalty for being caught with a little weed is minimal. I have heard many many accounts of cops just dumping the stuff out and giving a warning.

Now, if smoking weed all of sudden became difficult and penalties severe, we would see some action. Someday, it will be legal but until then don't be a moron and enjoy yourself. I have no problem with employers setting rules either. The NFL is certainly within their rights to run the league how they see fit. Go do something else if you don't like it or just deal with the consequences. It all falls back to the moron rule again.

The argument that I have heard (and agree with) is if it is so accepted why not legalize it and take money out of the hands of organized crime and save the man hours of police and law enforcement.

Like you I have no problem with the NFL having rules against it for image reasons. But only under that guideline of if they get caught they can get suspended would I be opposed to a Bill player using it in moderation. Morally I am not opposed but from a pragmatic point of view I am.

It will be legal to smoke pot one day. The country won't fall apart and kids won't turn to Coke and Heroine as a result (you would have to be stupid to try those drugs and if you are stupid enough you are going to do it anyway the legality of Pot won't encourage you anyway).

You're in St Auggie right now? If you haven't already tried it, Harry's is a tasty place to eat dinner. If you are on the beach Stir It Up rocks for lunch. I've been meaning to get up there for months and every weekend something seems to come up.

As far as the analogies theory goes, he gets it. I've seen enough of his posts to know he has a vocabulary. At least he didn't resort to his usual retort of "Douche."

You are the second person today who has mentioned Stir it Up. I live right down the street from it and pass it all the time, but have yet to try it. It doesn't look as though they sell beer or wine...do they? I rarely eat at places that don't serve some type of alcohol...but I've been known to make an exception. It looks like a healthy-granola type of place. Is it?

Let me know if you make it to town.

Someday, it will be legal but until then don't be a moron and enjoy yourself. I have no problem with employers setting rules either. The NFL is certainly within their rights to run the league how they see fit. Go do something else if you don't like it or just deal with the consequences. It all falls back to the moron rule again.

Agreed. If you are getting paid millions of dollars to play a game that many of us would (and do) pay to play, you can suck it up and stay off of any substance on the NFL banned list.

Even were it to be legalized, I don't think the NFL would take marijuana off of the list because of the social stigma attached to it, particularly by the older NFL fans. The best the players who smoke could probably hope for is that NFL would not test for it during the off season as they seem to do now.

It is an interesting analogy. The question I have to ask, is what percentage of Americans would be in favor of legalizing herb? 50/50?

I have no idea, but I would guess among those under 60 years old, it's far more favorable than 50/50.

Of course, there is always going to be some resistance as long as there we continue to have the constant barrage of "public service announcements" denouncing pot smoking.

You are the second person today who has mentioned Stir it Up. I live right down the street from it and pass it all the time, but have yet to try it. It doesn't look as though they sell beer or wine...do they? I rarely eat at places that don't serve some type of alcohol...but I've been known to make an exception. It looks like a healthy-granola type of place. Is it?

Let me know if you make it to town.

A friend of mine turned me on to the place because she grew up there. While it does not sell alcohol and is definitely catering more towards the healthy food crowd, the soup and sandwiches I've had there have been great. In the past I've just grabbed sandwiches and soup, thrown them into a cooler with some adult libations and sat on the beach. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon. The only thing I don't like is that in the past they could be sketchy about their hours. I guess that is the price you pay to frequent a place run by surfers or hippies. :lol:

I'll let you know when I get up there. Its always cool to hang out with fellow fans. Particularly those that actually know about this BB.

A friend of mine turned me on to the place because she grew up there. While it does not sell alcohol and is definitely catering more towards the healthy food crowd, the soup and sandwiches I've had there have been great. In the past I've just grabbed sandwiches and soup, thrown them into a cooler with some adult libations and sat on the beach. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon. The only thing I don't like is that in the past they could be sketchy about their hours. I guess that is the price you pay to frequent a place run by surfers or hippies. :lol:

I'll let you know when I get up there. Its always cool to hang out with fellow fans. Particularly those that actually know about this BB.

Thanks.

Look forward to tipping one or nine.