Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

• No. It is not performance enhancing. It's just a plant
    • Yes, if they smoke it means they are incapable of making good decisions

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all. Sometimes you have to escape and blow off some steam. It doesn't mean you can't get back down to work the next day at practice.

Terrible excuse. There are plenty of legal ways to blow off steam.

And - as others have said - if they're making this decision to smoke pot even "off the clock", how does that NOT affect them on the field?

Terrible excuse. There are plenty of legal ways to blow off steam.

And - as others have said - if they're making this decision to smoke pot even "off the clock", how does that NOT affect them on the field?

95 don't mind to 31 who do.

First of all you need to get beyond the stereotype that pot heads are dumb.

It comes down to RESPONSIBILITY.

There's a huge difference between someone who smokes pot occasionally and "a pot head", IMO. But you are correct, people need to stop thinking about people who smoke pot as stoners.

We don't condemn a player for having a couple of beers on his off time, do we? I mean, if he doesn't get smashed on a regular basis, isn't an alcoholic or a drunk, doesn't get DUIs, etc, do we care if they have a few drinks?

I would hope the players aren't stoners or drunks, although it's likely there are some of each on every team. Obviously, some talented young athletes can play through drug and alcohol issues, but it almost has to negatively impact their performance in some way, at some time.

Other than the legality issue (which is a huge sham that costs the country money, crowds the court system, etc) the only reason to care if a player smokes pot, is because they are tested for it, and can be suspended if they fail the test.

smoke'em if you got'em

I have 0 issues with pot... but if they are going to test for it then there are suspension issues.

Personally, it needs to be legalized...

a big pile of crap. either the players in those leagues know exactly when the tests will happen or they use masking agents or the tests are extremely infrequent or they let marijuana slide or something else. we all know a ton of NBA players smoke marijuana yet there are rarely (never?) penalties imposed for smoking it

If your argument is that it's allowed because players know when the tests are coming, or are able to get away with masking agents (which also raise flags) then are you saying the league also allows them to use performance enhancers?

In most of the 4 major leagues, there are ways of getting around testing, however, this is different than saying the league allows use of marijuana.

This attitude is a bit ignorant, and seems to indicate that you've never used marijuana, or while using never had a thought deeper than, "I'm hungry, man!"

I've come into contact with such a variety of people who use marijuana in a plethora of different ways, I would have never believed it. People in all different walks of life-- lawyers, doctors, teachers, writers, musicians, tour guides, Israeli soldiers...successful people, unsuccessful people, lazy people, energetic people, you name it.

If used in moderation, there's no reason why marijuana can't be a part of a well-rounded life.

Your views are about 50 years out of date, in my opinion.

I'll take my outdated, ignorant views and keep my piece of mind....

No, I have never used it, never will and have never thought about using it.

In my opinion your views are way too liberal, but whatever floats your boat to make it through life.

I'll take my outdated, ignorant views and keep my piece of mind....

No, I have never used it, never will and have never thought about using it.

In my opinion your views are way too liberal, but whatever floats your boat to make it through life.

Your screen name confused me:

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_heads...iProductID=3527

Ive been to jail for smoking weed....you don't know at all what you're talking about. I agree with the previous poster, if the law is bull sh-- I'm not going to obey it and when I get caught I'm going to B word about it. Your belief that you shouldn't cry if you knowingly break the law and get caught is the way meek and obedient people live their lives - sorry for you.

What a rebel....you truly have become my idol! God, i'm so weak and obedient...I suck!

Enjoy your next trip to the clinker.

Do any Bills players care if I smoke the maryjane? :devil:

Do Bills players pay their hard earned money to buy game tickets, or the Sunday Ticket package, or jerseys with your name on it, etc.? I doubt it, they couldn't give a turd who the heck you are.

On this board, this question is like asking:

Are you cool?

1. yes

2. no

Of course we see that there's still about 25-30% of people who are willing to say: No, I am Not! And I take comfort in that.

Personally, I think all drugs should be legal immediately, regulated and taxed. We'd pay off half the national debt with the tax on coke alone. Or did you think that most of the billions of $$ spent on powder is done by teenagers and college kids who have zero money? Not to mention that we apparently learned nothing, NOTHING from Prohibition and the rise it gave to corruption/murder/the mafia/corrupt labor unions, everything you don't want. It's all bad, and arguing against legalization is tilting against the ultimate windmill.

As far as the Bills go, it's risk and reward.

I think it's stupid crazy risk for little reward.

I think if you are willing to take stupid crazy risk for little reward, you deserve what you get, but that somebody should sit you down and make sure you see the reality of the situation.

Right, but the law is the law. You change it by being an activist, not by disobeying it.

What about civil disobedience, that does work at times. How about a stone-in, we can

have it at my house. Stupid laws are for stupid people. If they told you that there was

a new law that required you to eat dog sh--, would you obey it?

Now it's up to 111 - 36. To me, that's pretty disturbing.

I never said "pot heads are dumb", nor did I even imply that. My point was that if they smoke on a regular basis, don't you think that would affect their overall decision-making? One's brain cells can't be helped by this.

And since you bring up responsibility, don't you think a highly-paid athlete doing a job that's constantly in the spotlight where he's looked up to by thousands of kids would be acting responsible by not going anywhere near the stuff???

they play a flippin' sport for a living, and doing so making millions of dollars in a small amount of time. I risk my life for a living, and they restrict me from how many beers I can drink on an off night... People look up to me because I'm in the military, but I'm almost 100% positive sports stars have many more followers than me - its a privilege to play professional sports - if someone was smoking pot near me and I inhaled and trace amounts appeared on my drug test, I'd be fired on spot and there would be no second chances. I understand the nature of my job is to protect lives, and well they just play a game, but they have to be held to some kind of standard because of the money they make and position they hold in society.

Guest three3
they play a flippin' sport for a living, and doing so making millions of dollars in a small amount of time. I risk my life for a living, and they restrict me from how many beers I can drink on an off night... People look up to me because I'm in the military, but I'm almost 100% positive sports stars have many more followers than me - its a privilege to play professional sports - if someone was smoking pot near me and I inhaled and trace amounts appeared on my drug test, I'd be fired on spot and there would be no second chances. I understand the nature of my job is to protect lives, and well they just play a game, but they have to be held to some kind of standard because of the money they make and position they hold in society.

just because you are tested for marijuana does not mean athletes should be. and don't give me the role model/position they hold garbage. athletes are not and should not be viewed as role models.

did ricky williams perform any worse in his smoking days? no