Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

245 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

• No. It is not performance enhancing. It's just a plant
    • Yes, if they smoke it means they are incapable of making good decisions

Maybe.

In all honesty, I take the liberterian position of "do whatever you want to do so long as it doesn't cause a murder".

I personally don't like it, but I also don't care if people want to smoke it. If it were legal, that'd be fine with me.

But on the other hand, it sort of provides a dividing line of who is a mature professional and the ones that want to remain dorm room stoners.

Why is it necessary? Is their life so full of stress they need to relax with a big fat spliff? C'mon - these guys are physically working off their stress on the practice field. And unlike many of us, they really shouldn't have any money worries.

If it were my team, me preference would be to have a squad of players who have their head on straight and don't feel a need to alter their state of consiousness.

I've got a feeling that the need to partake in smoking dope is probably a good indicator of their character and level of maturity. For that reason, I'd rather not have dopers on the team. Besides, it is still illegal.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest three3
Maybe.

In all honesty, I take the liberterian position of "do whatever you want to do so long as it doesn't cause a murder".

I personally don't like it, but I also don't care if people want to smoke it. If it were legal, that'd be fine with me.

But on the other hand, it sort of provides a dividing line of who is a mature professional and the ones that want to remain dorm room stoners.

Why is it necessary? Is their life so full of stress they need to relax with a big fat spliff? C'mon - these guys are physically working off their stress on the practice field. And unlike many of us, they really shouldn't have any money worries.

If it were my team, me preference would be to have a squad of players who have their head on straight and don't feel a need to alter their state of consiousness.

I've got a feeling that the need to partake in smoking dope is probably a good indicator of their character and level of maturity. For that reason, I'd rather not have dopers on the team. Besides, it is still illegal.

you'd be better off with a team full of stoners like myself.

yours,

super bowl mvp santonio holmes

I am surprised with the results. Very libertarian. Not trying to make a moral call here but bottom line for me is that it is a banned substance that can get them arrested and suspended from games. This impacts the entire team. What they do when they no longer impact the team (i.e. retired or cut) is their business. Until then they earn the right to play in the NFL by following the rules.

Guest three3
I am surprised with the results. Very libertarian. Not trying to make a moral call here but bottom line for me is that it is a banned substance that can get them arrested and suspended from games. This impacts the entire team. What they do when they no longer impact the team (i.e. retired or cut) is their business. Until then they earn the right to play in the NFL by following the rules.

they know how to get around the testing. if they did not, half the players in the league would be suspended for marijuana.

everyone in denial

they know how to get around the testing. if they did not, half the players in the league would be suspended for marijuana.

everyone in denial

You miss the point - there are many ways they might get caught with the stuff or having used it. If they do get caught they will be suspended which is bad for the team. Football is a team sport and if you care so little about your team then you do not deserve to play on it.

If your issue is that you would like to see it legalized for public consumption write to Congress. The vote was not about this issue.

everyone in denial

Who's they? obviously not everybody knows how to get around it, seeing as some of them were stupid enough to fail the test at the combine, where they know in advance they are going to get tested.

I'm all for the green goodness, but the NFL is a career, and if you're job tells you that you can't smoke, I think it's wise to follow the rules.

Guest three3
Who's they? obviously not everybody knows how to get around it, seeing as some of them were stupid enough to fail the test at the combine, where they know in advance they are going to get tested.

I'm all for the green goodness, but the NFL is a career, and if you're job tells you that you can't smoke, I think it's wise to follow the rules.

the rules are illegitimate. and if you test positive at the combine you are not suspended. the only NFL player we know of who didn't give a !@#$ about failing the test was ricky williams. if memory serves, he blazed a joint the day before he gave his urine. he was aware that he would be tested on a regular basis. the other guys try to pass the test by any means possible

the rules are illegitimate. and if you test positive at the combine you are not suspended. the only NFL player we know of who didn't give a !@#$ about failing the test was ricky williams. if memory serves, he blazed a joint the day before he gave his urine. he was aware that he would be tested on a regular basis. the other guys try to pass the test by any means possible

How do you figure the rules are illegitimate?

True you have to be a member of a team to be suspended but the thread starts out asking if Bills Players smoke. By default they would be past the combine if they are already on the team.

Your rationale for not caring comes down to "no harm no foul." Problem with this is no player can say for certain that they will not get caught.

Your assertion that half the players smoke but do not get caught also comes from what source? Skooby perhaps? Most likely you pulled this one out of the air - to be kind.

If a player elects to use he runs the risk of negatively impacting the team. Regarless of whether he is caught he exercises poor judgment and risks negative impact to his teammates. Not an acceptable outcome in a sport that is played as a team.

Guest three3
How do you figure the rules are illegitimate?

True you have to be a member of a team to be suspended but the thread starts out asking if Bills Players smoke. By default they would be past the combine if they are already on the team.

Your rationale for not caring comes down to "no harm no foul." Problem with this is no player can say for certain that they will not get caught.

Your assertion that half the players smoke but do not get caught also comes from what source? Skooby perhaps? Most likely you pulled this one out of the air - to be kind.

If a player elects to use he runs the risk of negatively impacting the team. Regarless of whether he is caught he exercises poor judgment and risks negative impact to his teammates. Not an acceptable outcome in a sport that is played as a team.

every other league lets players smoke marijuana. it is only the NFL that will suspend a player for doing so. it is not performance enhancing. everything about the NFL's policy is illegitimate.

and on 50% of players smoking, look at the team source i quoted earlier in this thread

People losing their livelihood and sitting in jail just for smoking a plant. If you don't see the hypocrisy and evil in that, you are wayyy out of touch.

Who is sitting in jail for smoking weed? If your employer makes it known that you will be drug tested and you still fail, you deserve what you get. I'm not against smoking weed but I am against those who complain about their employer following the laws that are in place. A players options are don't smoke weed, smoke weed and take your chances, or go work somewhere else that doesn't test. I'd rather have players who didn't role the dice.

Guest three3
Who is sitting in jail for smoking weed? If your employer makes it known that you will be drug tested and you still fail, you deserve what you get. I'm not against smoking weed but I am against those who complain about their employer following the laws that are in place. A players options are don't smoke weed, smoke weed and take your chances, or go work somewhere else that doesn't test. I'd rather have players who didn't role the dice.

the criminalization of marijuana causes them to go to jail. the marijuana law is unjust and illegitimate. there is no problem in violating bull sh-- laws. i do it all the time and you all probably do so too

the criminalization of marijuana causes them to go to jail. the marijuana law is unjust and illegitimate. there is no problem in violating bull sh-- laws. i do it all the time and you all probably do so too

LMAO, your not going to jail for smoking weed. You might get fined but that's it. We all violate laws now and again. I'm not going to tell you what to do but bull sh-- laws are still laws, so don't cry when you get caught.

Guest dog14787

Everyone probably knows how I feel, I believe Pot should be legal, but until it is I don't want Marshawn getting stoned. :wallbash:

There needs to be a new poll option:

Yes, because they face suspension if they are caught.

Bingo. I don't really care if they smoke pot. I only care if they get caught.

With that said, there was a time when it seemed as if Josh Reed was constantly stoned. It was about the same time he was dropping passes. Now I don't believe the reason Josh dropped passes is because he was stoned (I really hope he wasn't stoned during the game), but I think the pressure he was under at the time, led to both his dropsies and his public indiscretion when it came to being/acting stoned.

Do they test coaches? Jauron and Mike Shanahan always look stoned, to me.

Excellent point, Cincy. I think Goodell looks stoned, at times, too. I'm against drug testing without cause, but if a company/organization insists on random drug testing, it should be for everyone in the organization, top-to-bottom, IMO.

every other league lets players smoke marijuana.

Not true.

NHL follows the WADA prohibited list which includes Marijuana.

http://www.nhlpa.com/PerformanceEnhancing/index.asp

http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/documen..._20_Sept_08.pdf

NBA also doesn't allow pot.

http://news.findlaw.com/legalnews/sports/d...ball/index.html

and MLB

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/index.ssf/...ed_drugs_p.html