Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

245 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

• No. It is not performance enhancing. It's just a plant
    • Yes, if they smoke it means they are incapable of making good decisions

I said "yes". Although I do not care what they do on their personal time, ad am not opposed to MJ, if they get busted it takes away their contribution to the Bills team.

I have worked for years for companies that did random testing. The law sucks, but it is there.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If marijuana were legal and it wouldn't impact my job, I'd be smoking it for sure. But if I can go w/out it for the past eighteen years, then these millionaire primadonnas can go w/out it while they're playing football, too.

Ka-ching! :devil:

Now it's up to 111 - 36. To me, that's pretty disturbing.

I never said "pot heads are dumb", nor did I even imply that. My point was that if they smoke on a regular basis, don't you think that would affect their overall decision-making? One's brain cells can't be helped by this.

And since you bring up responsibility, don't you think a highly-paid athlete doing a job that's constantly in the spotlight where he's looked up to by thousands of kids would be acting responsible by not going anywhere near the stuff???

It was a general comment and not specifically directed at you. I have come across too many people that think if you smoke dope you are a dope. But by your reply ... it just might apply.

If a person does something that does not hinder their performance, or a co worker or CAUSE harm or injury to someone else should be allowed to do as thwy wish.

Jay walking is illegal and can cause an accident and could cause a death.... Is that being responsible?

Getting drunk and going back to work is far more dangerous than a few hits of pot.

As for brain cells.... It is a theory.

My opinion matches the many found here. Personally, I could care less that an athlete smokes weed or not. I realize that weed has a different effect on all smokers. For some, its very pleasureable and want to be high for a good part of their day. Others do it for creative purposes, and some just need it to relax and unwind for the day.

But at the same time, from a football and business standpoint, smoking is an action that has negative consequences for the player and team involved. So for that reason I am against a player smoking DURING season and tests. If he wants to smoke once the year is over and get high, let him. I like the comparison someone used for alcohol, they are very comprabable to one another.

Guest three3

actually, alcohol is worse than mj. and the alleged benefits of small amounts of alcohol are now being debunked by scientists.

This poll is biased in the answers. It leads to either"no, who cares" and "Yes, Im bad for saying yes". Obviously some people believe that marijuana should be legal. Well it's not at this point in time, so I would say Yes I do care. Lets reword this thing a little.

POLL: Do you care if Bills players drive drunk? Your not always working out.

This poll is biased in the answers. It leads to either"no, who cares" and "Yes, Im bad for saying yes". Obviously some people believe that marijuana should be legal. Well it's not at this point in time, so I would say Yes I do care. Lets reword this thing a little.

POLL: Do you care if Bills players drive drunk? Your not always working out.

some people?

Judging by the results I'd say most people

But on the other hand, it sort of provides a dividing line of who is a mature professional and the ones that want to remain dorm room stoners.

Why is it necessary? Is their life so full of stress they need to relax with a big fat spliff? C'mon - these guys are physically working off their stress on the practice field. And unlike many of us, they really shouldn't have any money worries.

How is this different that downing a few cool ones after a hard day on the practice field? Brett Favre was able to lead his team to the Super Bowl while being a big dorm room beer drinker. Hell, the guy that scored the first TD in Super Bowl history was hung over from "relieving stress" the night and early morning before. The leagues full of 'em. Aside from any legal ramification, why is one mind altering substance preferrable to another?

That said, it'd probably be wiser for any NFL guy to wait until his playing days are over to not get suspended.

I finally answered this question, however I really believe this is strictly a yes or no answer. I voted yes, because the player has to have some accountability for his actions/decisions. Yes, just a plant is way to vague for my tastes. I was once a pot head, but I now choose to abuse a different drug of choice. Whilst being a pot smoker, I was capable of going through the motions of day to day life, but it was too easy to just sit back, roll up a joint and smoke it and easily blame my actions on being wasted; pro athletes can not do what I did and perform at a high level.

One poster said that if the player smoked before the game, the pregame workout would make him ready and focused to play the game. I don't believe that to be the case.

How is this different that downing a few cool ones after a hard day on the practice field? Brett Favre was able to lead his team to the Super Bowl while being a big dorm room beer drinker. Hell, the guy that scored the first TD in Super Bowl history was hung over from "relieving stress" the night and early morning before. The leagues full of 'em. Aside from any legal ramification, why is one mind altering substance preferrable to another?

That said, it'd probably be wiser for any NFL guy to wait until his playing days are over to not get suspended.

Remember when Favre became a Vicodin junkie? I can understand how he might have been in constant pain, and needed some relief. Once you start downing the Vicodin, though, you can get hooked fairly easily.

Wouldn't it be better if, at night or during the offseason, he vaped some high-quality marijuana to reliever the pain, rather than feed the Vic addiction?

Guest three3
Remember when Favre became a Vicodin junkie? I can understand how he might have been in constant pain, and needed some relief. Once you start downing the Vicodin, though, you can get hooked fairly easily.

Wouldn't it be better if, at night or during the offseason, he vaped some high-quality marijuana to reliever the pain, rather than feed the Vic addiction?

shhh!!

very truly yours,

roger goofballdell

This country needs to become more sensible about things like that - and more tolerant, IMO. Nevertheless, these guys get so much money for what they do, if they were asked to serve in the military in the off-season, it shouldn't be a problem. For what they are getting paid, they should do what they need to to be good teammates.

Guest three3
i don't like your reasons. how about let us supply our own reasons. i vote NO on smoking weed, not because i have a moral issue with it, but because it is incongruent with being an athlete.

tell that to NBA players

i don't like your reasons. how about let us supply our own reasons. i vote NO on smoking weed, not because i have a moral issue with it, but because it is incongruent with being an athlete.

Would you have a problem with them drinking during the season? and what if they only smoked on occasion during the offseason? Just curious to what extent do you feel that an athlete should hold back on certain behavior. And once the seasons over do your standards change to what an athlete should and shouldn't be doing (in regards to both weed and alcohol). And not saying you are right or wrong just curious to see how you feel.

What? As a society we regularly associate athletes with alcohol, why is pot worse than that?

Of course, some of the greatest athletes in history performed under the influence of much harsher drugs than pot.

In fact, Dock Ellis claims to have pitched a no-hitter while under the influence of LSD. Mickey Mantle played well while very hungover (and possibly drunk). Same for Babe Ruth, who broke the law regularly, drinking during prohibition, and setting hitting and HR records.

What? As a society we regularly associate athletes with alcohol, why is pot worse than that?

Of course, some of the greatest athletes in history performed under the influence of much harsher drugs than pot.

In fact, Dock Ellis claims to have pitched a no-hitter while under the influence of LSD. Mickey Mantle played well while very hungover (and possibly drunk). Same for Babe Ruth, who broke the law regularly, drinking during prohibition, and setting hitting and HR records.

Babe Ruth also missed half a season because he had VD. I don't think an athlete should smoke weed, smoke tobacco, or drink alcohol during the season because those things aren't good for ones body. Once the seasons over if they so choose to indulge in moderation than why not? I understand not wanting them to do weed from a perspective of they can get suspended for using it but other than that reason.