Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

• No. It is not performance enhancing. It's just a plant
    • Yes, if they smoke it means they are incapable of making good decisions

The only reason I care is because it could keep them off the field. Ruining your career over something as silly and innocuous as marijuana is stupid. Seriously, is getting high worth a game check? Is it worth sacrificing $$ in FA? No.

There's plenty of time to get high after you are done playing, but if you do it while in the NFL you are fuggin stupid. You are letting your fans and teammates down, and that is stupid.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against smoking dope and think it is less harmful than alcohol. I just think it is a stupid thing to waste a career over.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No player will spend every moment of every day working out, anyhow. What is the difference, from a football perspective, if they waste a couple of hours in the evening reading a book or playing Madden or watching Sportscenter, or if they just relax with a bit of green?

Either way, they can get up in the morning and get back down to work at practice.

Except for the part where they could get suspended. Don't forget about that. Smoking pot isn't worth it.

People losing their livelihood and sitting in jail just for smoking a plant. If you don't see the hypocrisy and evil in that, you are wayyy out of touch.

Right, but the law is the law. You change it by being an activist, not by disobeying it.

every other league lets players smoke marijuana. it is only the NFL that will suspend a player for doing so. it is not performance enhancing. everything about the NFL's policy is illegitimate.

and on 50% of players smoking, look at the team source i quoted earlier in this thread

What are you, high? :wallbash: That swimmer guy was suspended for pulling tubes.

It wasn't that difficult of a question. I take it you either don't date or are not married as you would always be debating with yourself on wether or not it is a good idea.

It wasn't a difficult question it was just poorly worded. There can be a personal answer and a separate professional answer. Most people take everything too personally so it takes away the vague nature of the question for them.

I was just pointing this out.

Not at all. Sometimes you have to escape and blow off some steam. It doesn't mean you can't get back down to work the next day at practice.

Try jogging, music, any type of exercise, cycling, reading....etc, etc..

Pot smoking losers.....what is this a 1983 high school bathroom?

Guest three3

a big pile of crap. either the players in those leagues know exactly when the tests will happen or they use masking agents or the tests are extremely infrequent or they let marijuana slide or something else. we all know a ton of NBA players smoke marijuana yet there are rarely (never?) penalties imposed for smoking it

LMAO, your not going to jail for smoking weed. You might get fined but that's it. We all violate laws now and again. I'm not going to tell you what to do but bull sh-- laws are still laws, so don't cry when you get caught.

Ive been to jail for smoking weed....you don't know at all what you're talking about. I agree with the previous poster, if the law is bull sh-- I'm not going to obey it and when I get caught I'm going to B word about it. Your belief that you shouldn't cry if you knowingly break the law and get caught is the way meek and obedient people live their lives - sorry for you.

Ive been to jail for smoking weed....you don't know at all what you're talking about. I agree with the previous poster, if the law is bull sh-- I'm not going to obey it and when I get caught I'm going to B word about it. Your belief that you shouldn't cry if you knowingly break the law and get caught is the way meek and obedient people live their lives - sorry for you.

Some guys back in 1776 felt like that. Damn, they must have been unpatriotic.

Try jogging, music, any type of exercise, cycling, reading....etc, etc..

Pot smoking losers.....what is this a 1983 high school bathroom?

This attitude is a bit ignorant, and seems to indicate that you've never used marijuana, or while using never had a thought deeper than, "I'm hungry, man!"

I've come into contact with such a variety of people who use marijuana in a plethora of different ways, I would have never believed it. People in all different walks of life-- lawyers, doctors, teachers, writers, musicians, tour guides, Israeli soldiers...successful people, unsuccessful people, lazy people, energetic people, you name it.

If used in moderation, there's no reason why marijuana can't be a part of a well-rounded life.

Your views are about 50 years out of date, in my opinion.

My 2 cents...

First I like the poll.

Second there seems to be people with first hand knowledge about the subject :wallbash:

Even though I voted no in the poll it would bother me if Marshawn got his 3rd strike just for tokin something.

Until Weed is legal or you are able to grow your own without police in your business..

It would seem like bad thing to put all that money at risk.

quoting the man with pretty good sources but the worst mock drafts in the history of mock drafts, mike florio:

"At a time when plenty of attention is being paid to reports regarding a handful of players who supposedly tested positive for marijuana or steroids at the Scouting Combine, a league source tells us that some teams are bracing for an extremely large number of positive tests to appear on the final list that the teams soon will receive.

The source speculated that the number of names could be as high as 25.

The reason for the feared spike in positive tests isn’t known. The source predicts that most of the positive tests will arise from marijuana use.

And the source explained that the teams generally don’t care if a guy smokes pot. They only care if the player could end up being suspended, since that’s the kind of thing that can get the folks who draft or sign such players fired.

Indeed, the source estimated that half of the players on the source’s team smoke pot"

IIRC, Florio made the same claim last off-season, and there was a fairly large number of players rumored to be on the list. IIRC there were a couple of Bills included. In the end though, nothing ever came of it. Not saying it wasn't/isn't true (I happen to like Florio), just wondering what ever came of that report...

Guest three3
IIRC, Florio made the same claim last off-season, and there was a fairly large number of players rumored to be on the list. IIRC there were a couple of Bills included. In the end though, nothing ever came of it. Not saying it wasn't/isn't true (I happen to like Florio), just wondering what ever came of that report...

part of the reason why i created this poll is that i attended college with one of the Bills players drafted in the past five years and observed him smoking marijuana on several occasions. (yea, i smoked it too)

Of course I care. If they get caught, they will miss games. Anyone who doesn't care about that has a marble or two missing.

Do I think marijuana is all that bad? No. But if you are taking regular drug tests which detect marijuana then yes of course it's bad.

Oh, and if you are smoking it then it does the same kind of harm to your lungs that cigarette smoking does, so it hurts your performance to some small degree.

And I would say that the way you live your life is the way that ineffective people live their lives, and I'm sorry for you. When was the last time that complaining and bitching about the law got you something? Except wasted time and higher blood pressure levels, that is.