Iran's Election

Iran's Election  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Iran's Election

• Legit victory for Ahmadinejad
    • Rigged

And so it begins:

@jimsciuttoABC #iranelection sev reports of pro-govt militia firing on protesters, AP photog reports one protester dead

Youtube has been pulling a lot of stuff down, so I'm not sure how long this link will be active:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not too political but I am smart enough to know which people on this board are lefties and righties. I find it interesting that both seem to be standing with the protestors. Achme-whatever-jad makes it easy but it is still a nice thing to see. I hope these people remain safe and resolute. The pictures are humbling.

I am not too political but I am smart enough to know which people on this board are lefties and righties. I find it interesting that both seem to be standing with the protestors. Achme-whatever-jad makes it easy but it is still a nice thing to see. I hope these people reamin safe and resolute. The pictures are humbling.

They are humbling. You are correct.

That picture litterally says a thousand words.

We want change.

And yet it doesn't matter. The Supreme Leader is so well protected and disconnected from reality it will never happen. they can elect any flunky they want, but until the Ayatollahs are gone and dead, it's one Joe Biden for a Sarah Palin.

I've been following on Twitter but ya gotta be fast because the links that are being sent are usually pulled almost immediately. Looks like the bad guys Twitter too.

I think what it will boil down to is whether the Ayotollah thinks the military and police can keep these people under their heels forever..particularly now that Israel's opening discussing a little "target practice" on Iranian nuclear sites (and maybe more?). The Ayotollah may decide to cut his losses and switch sides. He isn't going to want to go down with the ship. If he does rethink his position, the guy with the unpronounceable name is gone.

Right. The minute Obama says anything publicly in support of the protesters, it becomes "foreign powers trying to stir up dissent." That said, I'd like to think we're doing something to help. (Of course, that didn't work out so well in 1953 ...)

National strike called for tomorrow.

See, you dumb !@#$ing liberals....

THIS is what REAL oppresssion looks like.

Not having to wait an extra ten minutes to board a flight

Not having the FBI assign an extra desk jockey to check the status of Saudi nationals coming to the States.

Not disturbing the peace with your "protest" and having to "endure" being cordoned off in an area designated for your little "look at me" parade.

And CERTAINLY NOT making a KNOWN terrorist sit in a cell at 68 degress with lukewarm rice.

THIS.....what is going on right now in Iran.

THIS is oppression.

Not the bull sh-- you got spoon fed to be "outraged" about and whined your little sissy asses off for the last eight years while you sat cross legged and sipped your lattes.

THIS.

Not having the FBI assign an extra desk jockey to check the status of Saudi nationals coming to the States.

Not disturbing the peace with your "protest" and having to "endure" being cordoned off in an area designated for your little "look at me" parade.

And CERTAINLY NOT making a KNOWN terrorist sit in a cell at 68 degress with lukewarm rice.

THIS is oppression.

Not the bull sh-- you got spoon fed to be "outraged" about and whined your little sissy asses off for the last eight years while you sat cross legged and sipped your lattes.

THIS.

Oppression could very well mean something very different to Iranians.

The right and the left have been misreading Iran for well over a half-century.

And so it begins:

Youtube has been pulling a lot of stuff down, so I'm not sure how long this link will be active:

nothing new here,

bunch of dark skinned guys with military green uniforms, hitting people with batons that are chanting and rioting followed with some good old fashioned destruction of vehicles and fire.

I've seen this a million times before in S.A.

Half the people that are out there rioting don't give two shi*t's in what is happening politically in their country, it is just an excuse to go out and vent frustration and chant, and who know's, maybe get to blow up something.

Oppression could very well mean something very different to Iranians.

The right and the left have been misreading Iran for well over a half-century.

Agreed.

I just wanted to use this example to lend some perspective.

In my own moronic, ranting way of course.

nothing new here,

bunch of dark skinned guys with military green uniforms, hitting people with batons that are chanting and rioting followed with some good old fashioned destruction of vehicles and fire.

I've seen this a million times before in S.A.

Half the people that are out there rioting don't give two shi*t's in what is happening politically in their country, it is just an excuse to go out and vent frustration and chant, and who know's, maybe get to blow up something.

Did you say the same thing in 1989?

THIS is oppression.

THIS.

There are steps to oppression and steps that lead to the creation of terrorism. "Blow back" is a very real and apparently all too misunderstood fact.

Government shouldn't fear it's citizens and citizens in turn shouldn't fear their government.