53 members have voted

1. 1. Iran's Election

• Legit victory for Ahmadinejad
    • Rigged

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. The minute Obama says anything publicly in support of the protesters, it becomes "foreign powers trying to stir up dissent." That said, I'd like to think we're doing something to help. (Of course, that didn't work out so well in 1953 ...)

National strike called for tomorrow.

Doesn't matter m'lady. It'll get put back to us - if it's expedient.

History is written by the winners.

That 7 of you idiots think this election is legit says so much. Freakin idiots. :thumbsup:

The fact that you and 30 idiots believe they weren't legit in the Supreme Leaders mind says so much. That corrupt government will put in whatever puppt they want regardless of what the people wants. Any idiot who believes otherwise really is just stealing oxygen.

The fact that you and 30 idiots believe they weren't legit in the Supreme Leaders mind says so much. That corrupt government will put in whatever puppt they want regardless of what the people wants. Any idiot who believes otherwise really is just stealing oxygen.

They hand counted Millions of ballots across the country in a matter of hours.

How long does it take the US to do the same thing?

Days if not weeks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090616/ap_on_...aud_allegations

CAIRO – How do you count almost 40 million handwritten paper ballots in a matter of hours and declare a winner? That's a key question in Iran's disputed presidential election. International polling experts and Iran analysts said the speed of the vote count, coupled with a lack of detailed election data normally released by officials, was fueling suspicion around President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's landslide victory.

Mousavi's newspaper, Kalemeh Sabz, or the Green Word, reported on its Web site that more than 10 million votes were missing national identification numbers similar to U.S. Social Security numbers, which make the votes "untraceable." It did not say how it knew that information.

-----

I also read that 10 million ballots were missing.

They hand counted Millions of ballots across the country in a matter of hours.

How long does it take the US to do the same thing?

Days if not weeks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090616/ap_on_...aud_allegations

CAIRO – How do you count almost 40 million handwritten paper ballots in a matter of hours and declare a winner? That's a key question in Iran's disputed presidential election. International polling experts and Iran analysts said the speed of the vote count, coupled with a lack of detailed election data normally released by officials, was fueling suspicion around President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's landslide victory.

Mousavi's newspaper, Kalemeh Sabz, or the Green Word, reported on its Web site that more than 10 million votes were missing national identification numbers similar to U.S. Social Security numbers, which make the votes "untraceable." It did not say how it knew that information.

-----

I also read that 10 million ballots were missing.

Do you not read?

"The fact that you and 30 idiots believe they weren't legit in the Supreme Leaders mind says so much."

Do you not read?

"The fact that you and 30 idiots believe they weren't legit in the Supreme Leaders mind says so much."

I got what you were saying. However, the world and more especially the Iranians hoped this gave them some voice.

If the Supreme Leader knows they're illegitimate, and yet "says" they're legitimate for whatever reason, that doesn't make them legitimate, they're still illegitimate.

Idiot. :thumbsup:

If the Supreme Leader knows they're illegitimate, and yet "says" they're legitimate for whatever reason, that doesn't make them legitimate, they're still illegitimate.

Idiot. :thumbsup:

If I were Supreme Leader I would grant myself the power to legitimize illegitimate stuff.

Call it an Ayatollah/Midas touch.

I saw something on MSNBC, but I'm not sure of it's validity

http://www.ireport.com/ir-topic-stories.js...;topicId=270440

by clicking the letter link - http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-272854

In this letter, you can see that Iran's Executive branch sent a letter to Supreme leader to show him who was the true winner and the true winner is Mir Hossein Mousavi with 19075623 votes First, Mehdi Karroubi with 13387104 votes second, and Ahmadinejad with 5698417, and Rezai with 3754218 is the fourth.

The Translation shows that the person is asking the supreme leader that it's his choice which person he wants to put as a president and at the end that person says the actual votes.

It has happened before. Khatami was a reformist. Could not get anything done, though, since the parliament was permanently filled with hardliners (and Khatami's supporters/fellow reformers were blocked from running for office at those parliamentary elections).

True....it has happened before. But I am very doubtful that it is going to happen under the current regime.

You mean technology like this?

Lots of people: http://twitpic.com/7gtbu

http://i.friendfeed.com/f447b5d79cd90090d4...a6cc10a0f11ebb3

The government is trying to shut down the news feed, of course -- BBC's satellite has been jammed off and on since last night. But the protesters are responding in kind, hacking gov't Web sites. And people all over the world are using Twitter to pass along "safe" proxies and ways to get around the filters.

Let's hope that the citizens of Iran continue to provide information to the outside world as to what is going on. I'm not sure it will accomplish much in the short run, though. The hard liners will just clamp down more and no one from outside Iran is going to do anything about it except impotently express "outrage" and "condemnation".

Right. The minute Obama says anything publicly in support of the protesters, it becomes "foreign powers trying to stir up dissent." That said, I'd like to think we're doing something to help. (Of course, that didn't work out so well in 1953 ...)

National strike called for tomorrow.

The US has its hands tied in regards to this. Officially, they can express concern and perhaps go a bit further, but that will have little effect. In fact, the more the outside world expresses its concern, the more likely the Iranian hard liners are to move quickly to quell the protests to get them out of the news. They prefer to not be under the microscope.

I saw something on MSNBC, but I'm not sure of it's validity

http://www.ireport.com/ir-topic-stories.js...;topicId=270440

by clicking the letter link - http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-272854

In this letter, you can see that Iran's Executive branch sent a letter to Supreme leader to show him who was the true winner and the true winner is Mir Hossein Mousavi with 19075623 votes First, Mehdi Karroubi with 13387104 votes second, and Ahmadinejad with 5698417, and Rezai with 3754218 is the fourth.

The Translation shows that the person is asking the supreme leader that it's his choice which person he wants to put as a president and at the end that person says the actual votes.

Even if Mousavi won 19M of the 42M votes cast, those aren't all the votes.

The Ayatollah gets to cast 50M votes