Grossman signs with Texans.

Grossman a Texan.

You know what that means... our very own JP Losman is now officially the cutest ugly girl in the bar at closing time. The dude who quoted a dude who quoted Yoda is now a training camp injury away from returning to an NFL roster. Stay tuned.

There's still Bledsoe and Testaverde.

Grossman a Texan.

You know what that means... our very own JP Losman is now officially the cutest ugly girl in the bar at closing time. The dude who quoted a dude who quoted Yoda is now a training camp injury away from returning to an NFL roster. Stay tuned.

And there are still fans out here who think Lost-man is a starting QB in the NFL? He just needs the right system, a fresh start, a better team. The only people who disagree with you are all 32 NFL GM's and head coaches. ;)

And there are still fans out here who think Lost-man is a starting QB in the NFL? He just needs the right system, a fresh start, a better team. The only people who disagree with you are all 32 NFL GM's and head coaches. ;)

A little over a month ago, the rumor was that the Panthers and Texans were considering JP. Well I guess Houston did consider him, and then decided that Grossman was better. ;)

Once I saw Edwards play in 2008, I was pretty convinced that JP was not the answer and that Edwards probably was. Still, I never hated the guy. Why would I? He was on the team and often would be in a position to help the team as a back-up. It didn't work out for him even as a back-up here. But why should we root against his success somewhere else unless such success hurts the Bills.

Once I saw Edwards play in 2008, I was pretty convinced that JP was not the answer and that Edwards probably was. Still, I never hated the guy. Why would I? He was on the team and often would be in a position to help the team as a back-up. It didn't work out for him even as a back-up here. But why should we root against his success somewhere else unless such success hurts the Bills.

I don't hate the guy either, but to answer your question - it's called emotional investment. Bills fans have a ton of themselves invested in the team and players that we root for. Those that continually show brief and sporadic moments of excellence only to eventually and routinely disappoint exhaust our adrenal glands to the point where we want their careers electrocuted once they've jumped ship or been tossed overboard. They couldn't do it here, why should we want them to prove otherwise anywhere else?

Someone will sign Losman due to the fact that everyone in the NFL thinks that they can fix someone. Losman has a cannon arm which is another thing NFL teams love because they all think that you can't teach an arm. Truth is Losman showed signs of dwindling accuracy and even worse decision making ability which are things NFL teams think they can fix.

Simply put Losman is a player who some team will feel the need to take a chance on. Besides a QB is bound to get injured sometime during training camp thats when a team takes a chance on the guy who is mobile with a cannon arm. ;)

Simply put Losman is a player who some team will feel the need to take a chance on. Besides a QB is bound to get injured sometime during training camp thats when a team takes a chance on the guy who is mobile with a cannon arm. ;)

Even Rob Johnson hung about the league a few years after the Bills released him

Mayor Brown ought to give JP a key to the city as a thanks for being a Buffalo booster and trying to do stuff to help.

Sorry your football career didn't pan out but that doesn't make you a bad guy. On the plus side you have a cool pad in a hip part of town. Hopefully you still have a few mil in the bank. Now you're free to hit a few free concerts and the arts fest, work on your drum skills, maybe even hit Mickey Rats for some beach volleyball. Yes, it sucks no longer being in the NFL. Take the summer off and have some fun.

PTR

Yes, but Johnson was a significantly better QB, overall, than Losman. That isn't to say that Losman might not be able to hang around for a few years himself--he still might--just that it's not a given.

Yeah and Losman does have some physical skills to work with and does have around 30 starts under his belt so its not like he has no experience either. The only thing that hurts Losman is that the current trend in the NFL is to have guys who aren't former starters as backups.

Teams like to build their own back ups by drafting or signing a guy who knows he isn't going to be the starter and than let him know the system from the sidelines and than step in and manage the game if the starter goes down rather than have a guy who use to be a starter and is going to try and do too much in order to either win the starting job or try out for other teams. I think Tim Graham or someone else wrote about this new trend.

So guys like Losman aren't going to last as long as they usually use to unless he has an adjustment in his attitude and decides to make a career being a back up rather than trying to be a starter somewhere. But yeah a guy like Todd Collins and a way past his prime Jeff George hung around and collect checks in the league for a while. Collins even got to lead a Redskins team to the playoffs.

I like JP. He's got a solid professional attitude. He wants to complete and play, and believes in his abilities. He doesn't want to be the backup, but he didn't cause a major stink when he was relegated. He worked hard and bided his time, but he didn't accept it. I think that's a good professional attitude. He may end up as a career backup, but he's too young and has too much physical ability to accept that yet.

I'd make a play for him if I had a spot. Sign him for the minimum and see what he can do in a different situation. What do you have to lose?