Airport security

I flew into Phoenix for a few days and was staying on the 4th floor of a nice hotel with a bar/restaurant on the ground floor. Now I was eating dinner at the restaurant,but I am a late night munchies kind of guy so I bought some T.V. dinners at Wal-Mart I could pop into the microwave at 10PM. in the room. Well I realize I need a fork,so in the same store I spot 10 metal forks for $1.00. Yes 10 metal forks,one US dollar. So its time to go, look around the room so I don't Miss anything,and without thinking throw the forks in my Carry on. Put bag on X ray belt,walk through metal detector OK. "Sir please go to one side" They proceed to examine every item in my carry on.Threw away my TOOTHPASTE and allowed the METAL forks to go. WTF?

no liquids, pastes, gels unless they are separated and in a 1 qt. zip lock bag. Really not that hard to understand.

'Cause being in a zip lock bag negates the power of the high explosive toothpaste if someone is trying to get it aboard. :(

'Cause being in a zip lock bag negates the power of the high explosive toothpaste if someone is trying to get it aboard. :(

just put your shiit in the bag and shut yer yap!

Anyone else had the screener take your shoes from the tray and put them on the conveyor by themselves recently? One did that to me in DFW. Explained that it was new policy to send shoes all by their lonesome outside of the trays. Course the same thing wasn't done on the return flight. :lol:

I flew into Phoenix for a few days and was staying on the 4th floor of a nice hotel with a bar/restaurant on the ground floor. Now I was eating dinner at the restaurant,but I am a late night munchies kind of guy so I bought some T.V. dinners at Wal-Mart I could pop into the microwave at 10PM. in the room. Well I realize I need a fork,so in the same store I spot 10 metal forks for $1.00. Yes 10 metal forks,one US dollar. So its time to go, look around the room so I don't Miss anything,and without thinking throw the forks in my Carry on. Put bag on X ray belt,walk through metal detector OK. "Sir please go to one side" They proceed to examine every item in my carry on.Threw away my TOOTHPASTE and allowed the METAL forks to go. WTF?

They feared you were going to fling the toothpaste about the cabin, using the metal forks. This would have created a passenger uprising. In a panic the air marshal would unload his gun @30,000 feet causing the plane to lose cabin pressure. This would then lead to an emergency landing, however the pilot errors and crashes into the terminal causing the death of 50 or 60 TSA agents. So you see they were just saving your life and theirs.

Also reminds me - I read somewhere a list of articles removed from carry on bags at US airports. The one thing that stuck in my mind was some guy was apparently carrying bricks in his bag. Now that is a WTF situation. Why would anyone fly with bricks?

just put your shiit in the bag and shut yer yap!

Anyone else had the screener take your shoes from the tray and put them on the conveyor by themselves recently? One did that to me in DFW. Explained that it was new policy to send shoes all by their lonesome outside of the trays. Course the same thing wasn't done on the return flight. :(

That's what I hate - different rules at different airports. And when you get somewhere and they are operating under rules that are new to you the screeners treat you like some sort of ahole because you're supposed to know how they do things in that city :lol:

Back in the 80s, I was in Dulles and security was arguing wit a woman in Spanish. She was about 5'2 and about 50-60. I asked what was going on and security said she was trying to take a hammer on the plane-WTF??

Also hear a flight attendant ask who checked in the bowling ball that was in the closet in first class once.

A few Christmas' ago I'm flying out of Buffalo back to SFO. Security asks to search one of my carry ons. They found an Xacto knife. I use it for work and forgot to take it out of the bag. I said to throw it out, as it cost less than sending it in the mail. Didn't tell them that SFO TSA missed it on the trip to Buffalo. They copied my license. Now I'm on a list at the Buffalo Airport.

ive NEVER put my toiletries in a zip lock baggy and ive NEVER been hassled or corrected. and i fly about 5 times/year (round trip so 10 flights).

completely inconsistent, BS enforcement of the "rules".

edit: i take that back, one time coming out of San Diego, they stopped me and took out a container of hair product. but they only hassled me about it being 4.5oz. I told them "fine, throw it away. can i go catch my flight now?". they tossed it and let me go. everything else still loose in the bag...

'Cause being in a zip lock bag negates the power of the high explosive toothpaste if someone is trying to get it aboard. :censored:

Everyone knows that explosive toothpaste only comes in 8 oz and larger size! Even James Bond's Q can not get it into smaller package. :lol:

Everyone knows that explosive toothpaste only comes in 8 oz and larger size! Even James Bond's Q can not get it into smaller package. :censored:

:lol:

So much fun. Now, I'm the kind of person that no matter how stupid the rules, I'm going to follow them as efficiently as possible so that I can just get the f--- through the process, cause bitching about it ain't moving the line any faster. My darling wife on the other hand.....I think there's been an issue every single time we've gone through security. In particular she has a need to argue with them about taking her shoes off each and every time, and we came within 30 seconds of missing a trans-continental flight because she was adamant about not throwing away her toothpaste or make-up or whatever the hell was in the carry-on.

flew from DFW to SEA last week...as I'm going through security, I realize that I forgot to take out my toiletries. I was going to say "wait" but decided (since I had an hour to kill anyway) to just let it go...and I guess so did TSA.

That's the most common complaint - the lack of consistency.

However, it still amazes me that people don't know about the rules by now (hold onto your boarding pass, take off your shoes, toiletries in a baggie, etc). I was behind a couple of Israelis in Seattle and they laughed at our system.

Also at the Phoenix airport:

We had a conference there and we had this new manual for our Distributors. We sold like 5,000 of them. They came twenty to a box, so we used box cutters to open them. Well, I had tons of other stuff to do so simply stuck the box cutter in my back pocket and forgot about them. I traveled light, so all I had was a carry on. Well, I put all my dirty clothes in the carry on and board the plane. I get back home, unpack and as I throw the pants on the floor, I hear this clink. I open up the pocket and there are, you guessed it, two box cutters.