Bills Home Game(s) Already Sold Out

On a possibly related note ...

Going 'Paperless' to Thwart Scalpers

Yeah, this'll work. Could you imagine 73,000 people standing in line at RWS, credit cards in hand, waiting for the scanners at the gates to print out "seat locators"? Me neither.

If they start letting people in the stadium at 7:00 AM then maybe 10,000 would get in, maybe.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they start letting people in the satdium at 7:00 AM then maybe 10,000 would get in, maybe.

Is that before or after the riot begins? Because there would certainly be one.

Is that before or after the riot begins? Because there would certainly be one.

LOL, I'd say there will be a riot every hour on the hour. I'm just going to bring my kevlar balloons and have them set free just before the game starts.

I think his point was, for Bills fans who live halfway around the country and get to one home game a year, paying a premium to get good seats is not really an issue. My initial posting was intended to refute the idea that you can only get crappy tickets from StubHub.

Before I moved from WNY I had season tix for 10 years, so I understand how longtime season tix holders would get a kick out of someone paying a premium to get good seats. But for me, treating my son to one game a year by getting a pair of seats for the opener on the 50 yd line, 40 rows up for under $400 means that StubHub works for me. Paying the premium is no issue because without doing that I can't get close to those seats.

I definitely agree with you. Stubhub certainly isn't the cheapest website out there for buying tickets, but I prefer it because it definitely allows you to get great seats. I live in Atlanta, and every year I go up to Buffalo and take my little cousin who lives up there to a game. Last year we got to go to the Monday night game against the Browns, and we had lower level seats, in section 133, also about 40 rows up, and I got two tickets for about 400 bucks. It was well worth it. Ebay has prices that are lower, but it's tough finding the really great seats on ebay.

We're planning on going to the home opener this year, but right now, they only have a couple seats in sections 133 and 134 (which are the only sections I want to sit in), so hopefully as the date gets closer, there will be some better pickings on there....

Is this guy high??

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Buffalo Bills Tickets

Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 4:05 PM (EST) at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, NY

Section:Upper Level 308Row:36Price:$5,313.00 eachQuantity: 246

Seller comments:

Delivery Options: FedEx 2 Day

http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-bills-ticke...et_id=192623050

lolol i saw that! I check stubhub daily and when i saw that i thought maybe someone was selling season tickets lower level 50 yard line 15th row or something! It's gotta be a typo. No one could be that dumb....

you can still buy season tickets so the home games are not sold out. this is false advertisement
They always hold some seats for potential season ticket purchasers, so it's not false advertisement. It's quite possible some games are already sold out for this season. IIRC, last season, most of the games were sold out before tickets went on sale to the general public, and all of them were sold out within a few days of public sales.

lolol i saw that! I check stubhub daily and when i saw that i thought maybe someone was selling season tickets lower level 50 yard line 15th row or something! It's gotta be a typo. No one could be that dumb....

Well, the same seller has a sell order at $42 on GM stock. I personally think there maybe a pattern here but I've been known to be wrong.

My brother and I tried to get some extra tickets to the home game against Cleveland this morning and were told by the box office that the game was entirely sold out.

This raises some interesting questions:

1) Does this prove that despite being a small market, Buffalo has little difficulty supporting (at least in terms of general, non-luxury box, ticket sales) the Bills in one of the largest NFL stadiums.

2) How much harder would it be to get tickets to games if the Bills were regularly in the playoffs?

3) Should the Bills reserve more tickets for non season ticket holders?

4) How do you explain Bills fans eagerly buying tickets after ten subpar season? (What does this say about us as fans/ Buffalonians)?

What do you guys think?

Terrel Eldorado Owens

I definitely agree with you. Stubhub certainly isn't the cheapest website out there for buying tickets, but I prefer it because it definitely allows you to get great seats. I live in Atlanta, and every year I go up to Buffalo and take my little cousin who lives up there to a game. Last year we got to go to the Monday night game against the Browns, and we had lower level seats, in section 133, also about 40 rows up, and I got two tickets for about 400 bucks. It was well worth it. Ebay has prices that are lower, but it's tough finding the really great seats on ebay.

We're planning on going to the home opener this year, but right now, they only have a couple seats in sections 133 and 134 (which are the only sections I want to sit in), so hopefully as the date gets closer, there will be some better pickings on there....

Yup, 133 and 134 are the only sections I will sit in as well. (If folks want to call me a snob so be it but since I go to one game a year I'm allowed to be picky.) As much as people rave about other sections, what you see on StubHub is that fewer seat holders in 133 and 134 sell their seats as compared to the rest of the stadium even though they command more money (I guess because they are the real old timers) so you have to be persistent. I bagged 2 tix in Sec. 134 about 2 months ago, but I'm sure if you keep looking you will be OK.

Yup, 133 and 134 are the only sections I will sit in as well. (If folks want to call me a snob so be it but since I go to one game a year I'm allowed to be picky.) As much as people rave about other sections, what you see on StubHub is that fewer seat holders in 133 and 134 sell their seats as compared to the rest of the stadium even though they command more money (I guess because they are the real old timers) so you have to be persistent. I bagged 2 tix in Sec. 134 about 2 months ago, but I'm sure if you keep looking you will be OK.

Well, have fun at the game.

At the same time, there are a pair of seats available for seasons ticket purchase in Section 332, Row 10 (Seats 14-15) right now on the Bills website for $540 each that have virtually the same, if not better sightlines. Sell the other games on Stub Hub, eBay or the Bills Ticket Exchange for $75-$80 a pop and get to see a game for free, with the chance of snagging playoff tix should lightning stike. Worth a thought...

Absolutely. if you're only going to get to go to one or two games a year, then by all means you should sit exactly where you want to sit. I'm sure if i just be patient I will find some good seats...

If someone was that dumb I wonder how much I could sell my seats for. They are eight rows closer to the action!

Go to stub hub, you'll pay more but you can get great seats that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get

And you won't even necessarily pay more. I recently visited Stubhub and found club seats for Bills-Panthers in October at less than face value.

From the Bills: Individual game tickets for the home opener vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the New Orleans Saints and the Cleveland Browns are sold out.

I guess the Bills box office and the Buffalo news have engaged in a great conspiracy to fool all readers of TBD. Then again, maybe you should just check your facts before you post.

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/696783.html

The game is sold out and you are wrong.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1...6e-3ece041f05df

actually...

Season tickets are still available for purchase which includes tickets to all nine home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
If they were truly sold out, then season tickets wouldn't still be available for sale. Right now, no INDIVIDUAL tickets are available for those games..but after the Kid's Day game, whatever tickets are left will be released for individual sale. That's the way it always happens every year