Bills Home Game(s) Already Sold Out

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most games after the first few home games would otherwise be blacked out on tv if not for the scalpers eating thousands of tickets. Trust me.

That doesn't make sense, unless the scalpers are absorbing losses week in and week out. Scalpers only buy tickets if they think they can sell them for higher than the face value, and fans would rather pay face value at the box office. You can only scalp tickets to an event that would be sold out anyway.

I'm sure there may be a few games here and there where the scalpers guess wrong and buy up an unpopular game, but I'm guessing it's very rare.

Try to get them, unless u r a seasont ticket holder for 12+ yrs, u dont stand a chance otherwise.

Right, so what's your point?

(Eleven years here. :thumbsup: )

My brother and I tried to get some extra tickets to the home game against Cleveland this morning and were told by the box office that the game was entirely sold out.

This raises some interesting questions:

1) Does this prove that despite being a small market, Buffalo has little difficulty supporting (at least in terms of general, non-luxury box, ticket sales) the Bills in one of the largest NFL stadiums.

2) How much harder would it be to get tickets to games if the Bills were regularly in the playoffs?

3) Should the Bills reserve more tickets for non season ticket holders?

4) How do you explain Bills fans eagerly buying tickets after ten subpar season? (What does this say about us as fans/ Buffalonians)?

What do you guys think?

1. Yes, but the luxury box revenue is the area where the Bills struggle to compete for revenue. Forgive the use of an analogy, but it's like everyone is running a steak house and we brag that we sell the most baked potatoes.

2. Extremely.

3. Why bother. In business you always give priority to your loyal customers. At OBD, thats the season ticket base. That might hurt the feelings of those who can't afford season tickets, but that's life.

4. It says we love the Bills and believe we have a chance. I know a lot of people criticize us for this point. However, it's our money, our Sunday afternoons and who has a right to tell us we should be spending either on something else. Where else would you rather be on a Sunday in the Fall?

That doesn't make sense, unless the scalpers are absorbing losses week in and week out. Scalpers only buy tickets if they think they can sell them for higher than the face value, and fans would rather pay face value at the box office. You can only scalp tickets to an event that would be sold out anyway.

I'm sure there may be a few games here and there where the scalpers guess wrong and buy up an unpopular game, but I'm guessing it's very rare.

My buddy has eaten over 40 to some games, or literally sells them for 10$, and that is just 1 person of hundreds

(Eleven years here. :thumbsup: )

That's why he has to pay a premium over the 70$ face value.

1) he goes to 1-2 games

2) he doesnt get stuck with preseason games every yr.

3) he's not a season ticket holder

thats why he pays $200 for a $70 ticket.

I think his point was, for Bills fans who live halfway around the country and get to one home game a year, paying a premium to get good seats is not really an issue. My initial posting was intended to refute the idea that you can only get crappy tickets from StubHub.

Before I moved from WNY I had season tix for 10 years, so I understand how longtime season tix holders would get a kick out of someone paying a premium to get good seats. But for me, treating my son to one game a year by getting a pair of seats for the opener on the 50 yd line, 40 rows up for under $400 means that StubHub works for me. Paying the premium is no issue because without doing that I can't get close to those seats.

Go to stub hub, you'll pay more but you can get great seats that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get

Stub Hub is the absolute most expensive site you'll ever find. You may get tickets, but you'll pay 3-times more than if you source them elsewhere (e-bay, want ads, etc.). It's a bad business model for today's economic realities...

My brother and I tried to get some extra tickets to the home game against Cleveland this morning and were told by the box office that the game was entirely sold out.

This raises some interesting questions:

1) Does this prove that despite being a small market, Buffalo has little difficulty supporting (at least in terms of general, non-luxury box, ticket sales) the Bills in one of the largest NFL stadiums.

2) How much harder would it be to get tickets to games if the Bills were regularly in the playoffs?

3) Should the Bills reserve more tickets for non season ticket holders?

4) How do you explain Bills fans eagerly buying tickets after ten subpar season? (What does this say about us as fans/ Buffalonians)?

What do you guys think?

1) The Bills have no trouble selling tickets. It's selling luxury boxes at standard NFL prices that's difficult.

2) Probably harder.

3) No. You want guarenteed tickets? Buy season tickets. Make a commitment.

4) There is a huge difference between 7-9 and 0-16. The Bills are in contention for most of the season so they tease you. Always just a game or two away from making it. If the Bills have been 2-14 the last 10 years, no one would be going. As for the fans, Bills games are fun, and they win just enough to keep you coming back. Sort of like a slot machine.

PTR

WRONG. I went to StubHub and I'll be watching Terrell Owens' home debut from the 50 yard line on the Bills' side, 40 rows up on the first level, for under $400 (2 seats). StubHub is OK by me.

I agree completely.

My wife and I paid $300 for excellent seats last year to the season opener (the only home game worth going to in hindsight) and it was worth every penny.

We debated for a few days whether or not to just drop $700 more and get seasons but in the end we decided that making the trip from Binghamton (7 times) was too costly in used vacation time and money.

I will probably attend 1 game this year and I have no problem spending a few hundred to get good seats away from the drunken tards that have ruined many experiences before.

Ever thought of selling the other 7 games on Stub Hub? :thumbsup:

If you are saying that I can buy season tix today and sit in between the 40 yard lines on the first level, then you are way smarter than I am. Otherwise, I'm not following your logic. I don't expect anyone to remember my past posts, but I said on the previous page that I will not sit in the endzones or on the 3rd level for the one game a year that I fly into Buff.

If you are saying that I can buy season tix today and sit in between the 40 yard lines on the first level, then you are way smarter than I am. Otherwise, I'm not following your logic. I don't expect anyone to remember my past posts, but I said on the previous page that I will not sit in the endzones or on the 3rd level for the one game a year that I fly into Buff.

Upper deck 40-to-40 yard line 20-25 rows back is typically available for ST and has way better sight lines than the lower bowl. It's where I had my tix for many years and I tried a lot of locations before settling on them. No snob appeal, but a better game experience... :thumbsup:

Out-of-towners like yourself could use the approach a lot of Sabres fans do. Buy a season ticket and sell the "Toronto/Montreal" (Miami/Jets/Pittsburgh/Cleveland) games online for 2-3 times face value and get to see your one-game a year for free.