Bills Home Game(s) Already Sold Out

My brother and I tried to get some extra tickets to the home game against Cleveland this morning and were told by the box office that the game was entirely sold out.

This raises some interesting questions:

1) Does this prove that despite being a small market, Buffalo has little difficulty supporting (at least in terms of general, non-luxury box, ticket sales) the Bills in one of the largest NFL stadiums.

2) How much harder would it be to get tickets to games if the Bills were regularly in the playoffs?

3) Should the Bills reserve more tickets for non season ticket holders?

4) How do you explain Bills fans eagerly buying tickets after ten subpar season? (What does this say about us as fans/ Buffalonians)?

What do you guys think?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother and I tried to get some extra tickets to the home game against Cleveland this morning and were told by the box office that the game was entirely sold out.

1) Does this prove that despite being a small market, Buffalo has little difficulty supporting (at least in terms of general, non-luxury box, ticket sales) the Bills in one of the largest NFL stadiums.

2) How much harder would it be to get tickets to games if the Bills were regularly in the playoffs?

4) How do you explain Bills fans eagerly buying tickets after ten subpar season? (What does this say about us as fans/ Buffalonians)?

What do you guys think?

Box seats are still available @ $315 a piece, all inclusive.

What do you guys think?

Go to stub hub, you'll pay more but you can get great seats that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get

Cleveland (and Pittsburgh) fans like to go to near by road games...

Cleveland fans would've had to buy tickets through Bills season ticket holders. I doubt this accounts for the game selling out so quickly. Also, I'd bet the home opener is also sold out (although this is pure speculation).

What do you guys think?

I think it means you can expect to pay through the proverbial nose for schitty seats on Stub hub and eBay . . .

The woman on the phone at the Bills ticket office told me at 9:30 this morning that the opener was sold out and the lower bowl was sold out for almost every other game. I bought 32 tickets to the Miami game and was limited to row 30 and up for that many seats.

Cleveland fans would've had to buy tickets through Bills season ticket holders. I doubt this accounts for the game selling out so quickly. Also, I'd bet the home opener is also sold out (although this is pure speculation).

Ticketmaster is currently showing single-seats-only for the Browns game. And yes, the opener is "sold out" ... except for an unknown number of tickets being held back for season-package sales, as they do every year.

except for an unknown number of tickets being held back for season-package sales, as they do every year.

Just wanted to emphasize this.... games are never sold out until they stop selling season tix... and typically the seats you get are better as you get closer to the season

The woman on the phone at the Bills ticket office told me at 9:30 this morning that the opener was sold out and the lower bowl was sold out for almost every other game. I bought 32 tickets to the Miami game and was limited to row 30 and up for that many seats.

what the hell do you need 32 tickets for?

They reserve a few more than just for the season tickets, right? Some for the visiting team to dole out, a few for the players, some "house seats" I'm sure they'd give to Jim Kelly if he called up Ralph as he was driving to the stadium an hour before kickoff, etc.

I wonder how it all works.

They reserve a few more than just for the season tickets, right? Some for the visiting team to dole out, a few for the players, some "house seats" I'm sure they'd give to Jim Kelly if he called up Ralph as he was driving to the stadium an hour before kickoff, etc.

I wonder how it all works.

Kelly is usually on the sideline during the game. Don't think he needs a ticket to get in.

*placing the flat of my hand against my mouth and whooping, waving a tomahawk....*

The real question is, what kind of person announces his intention to break the law in an Internet forum? :thumbsup:

We used to buy upward of 100 for the home opener, so all the TBD folk who wanted to sit together could do so. Not inconceivable that someone could get together 32 family/friends/coworkers for a game.

Besides, based on the number of Miami tickets I've carried into the stadium in recent years because I couldn't get rid of them, that might not be the best game to scalp anyway.

Re: Kelly, I assume he still has his suite.

We used to buy upward of 100 for the home opener, so all the TBD folk who wanted to sit together could do so. Not inconceivable that someone could get together 32 family/friends/coworkers for a game.

Besides, based on the number of Miami tickets I've carried into the stadium in recent years because I couldn't get rid of them, that might not be the best game to scalp anyway.

Re: Kelly, I assume he still has his suite.

I stand corrected. That's what I get for being a smartypants. :thumbsup:

I stand corrected. That's what I get for being a smartypants. :thumbsup:

Nah, hold off on that correction. For all we know, you could be right ... just saying there's a chance he doesn't have nefarious intent.

BTW (to all): did you know that scalping is currently illegal in NYS? The law permitting it expired a couple of days ago ...

Nah, hold off on that correction. For all we know, you could be right ... just saying there's a chance he doesn't have nefarious intent.

BTW (to all): did you know that scalping is currently illegal in NYS? The law permitting it expired a couple of days ago ...

Whoa - how recently? Because I scalped a pair of concert tickets two weeks ago, though I guess that was technically in New Jersey. Can you still sell tickets at cost? Is Stubhub just effed?

Whoa - how recently? Because I scalped a pair of concert tickets two weeks ago, though I guess that was technically in New Jersey. Can you still sell tickets at cost? Is Stubhub just effed?

Expired on Monday. I think they do plan to renew it, but the legislature couldn't get the extension done in time. (NYS legislature not getting something done on deadline. Go figure.)

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/200...ale_law_ex.html

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that - the few times I've ended up with a valuable ticket and made some money, it's been great. But if there was some way to prevent scalpers from rounding up tickets the moment they went on sale (like, say, knocking down their profit motive), it seems like it would make games a lot more accessible.