How important is the Monday night game against New England?

It would appear the Bills roster is pretty much set for the 2009 season and barring any last minute additions, we will hit the road on opening day on Monday night in New England with the present roster minus the waived players after pre seaaon.

The media will certainly focus on the return of Tom Brady in New England and the addition of Terrell Owens to the Bills roster.

Freddy Jackson will most certainly share some of the spotlight with 136 yards on 27 attempts in last years match up.

So, how important is game one of the season?

A. Critical

B. Very important

C. Just another game

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't think there's much of a difference between the A and C options in the NFL, although I think it's important for the Bills to not come out and lay a complete egg. It would be nice to go into New England and show them the Bills won't be pushed around any more.

It would appear the Bills roster is pretty much set for the 2009 season and barring any last minute additions, we will hit the road on opening day on Monday night in New England with the present roster minus the waived players after pre seaaon.

The media will certainly focus on the return of Tom Brady in New England and the addition of Terrell Owens to the Bills roster.

This opening game has exactly 1/16th importance in the 2009-2010 NFL season. No team in the NFL, over the past 9 seasons, has does less after playing a great regular season game, or has done more after playing a horrible regular season game, then our ever-inconsistent playoff-less Buffalo Bills of the 2000's. My advice, even with these awesome looking rookie road graders, a tougher looking center, and T.O playing for the Bills this coming season?: Expect nothing, and enjoy the good games!

I think it's very important that the Bills have a strong showing in this game, they need to establish an identity early this season and build on it and sustain it for the whole year(not collapse like last year). This game could determine who they are and how far they can go, because let's face it, the Pats are the measuring stick and the Bills haven't measured up lately!

Guest dog14787

Its very important in my opinion because we have a chance to catch Tom Brady and the rest of Belicheats team early on before Belicheat gets a chance to see allot of film on what Buffalo is trying to do this year. Plus, with any luck, Tom Brady will show some rust and our defense can take advantage of it.

Getting of to a good start by beating the Pats would help instill confidence in our young team that would carry on through the season.

I didn't call the game critical because its only game one, were we to win however and go on to do well for the rest of the season, I would look back on the first game and describe it as a critical one.

A. Critical. They need to show that they can be competitive with New England for their own metal progress. If they get smoked, as they typically do, you'll hear a lot of talk about how it's just another game, but don't believe it. A blowout loss to NE will in all likelihood sink the first half of the season.

A. Critical

B. Very important

C. Just another game

It's not very important at all, it's only the opening day game against a division opponent.

(Punches self in temple)

I would think that the only regular season game more important, would be a Home division game.

Anyone else get the idea that Buffalo is getting shafted by the league? What more could the league want than for Tom Brady to get a win in his "triumphant return"? Tom Brady's return. Patriots home opener. Monday night football. A key game (a division opponent). Everything is set up for the Patriots to win. I only hope that Buffalo puts up a fight.

I think it's "B. Very Important" to start off on a good note. If our guys play right along the same level with the Pats* for 60 minutes on their homefield w/o Marshawn I think we take confidence from the game even if we don't get the victory. If we get the win on MNF on their field? The sky is the limit with what these guys could accomplish. Albeit it is only one game, we definitely could use a shot in the arm of confidence starting the season. If we get blown out? I think it will crush us more than the team, but it wouldn't be good in any form either. The speculation of TO's attitude would lead to alot of negative press, which would in turn leave him open to insert foot into mouth at some point. It could get ugly.

If DJ can win this one game, he has improved on the 0-6 division record of last year, and ensure another year at the helm. I am certain he will be trying very hard to win, even though, winning is difficult in the NFL.

QUOTE (Jason Peters-Christ @ Jun 6 2009, 10:34 AM)

It's not very important at all, it's only the opening day game against a division opponent...

(Punches self in temple)

...on the road, in front of a Monday night national TV audience.

Otherwise, no biggie. :thumbsup:

This is what it's about. Yes, first tie breaker is best record, but the Bills have amassed the best collection of players they've had in a long time and triple 7-9's suggest to me a big jump soon, ala 1980 opener vs. the last decade dominance by a Divisional foe. Not only toppled the giant in the opener, ended up winning the Division!

This opening game has exactly 1/16th importance in the 2009-2010 NFL season. No team in the NFL, over the past 9 seasons, has does less after playing a great regular season game, or has done more after playing a horrible regular season game, then our ever-inconsistent playoff-less Buffalo Bills of the 2000's. My advice, even with these awesome looking rookie road graders, a tougher looking center, and T.O playing for the Bills this coming season?: Expect nothing, and enjoy the good games!

Do you have statistics to back this up?

Freddy Jackson will most certainly share some of the spotlight with 136 yards on 27 attempts in last years match up.

A. Critical

B. Very important

C. Just another game

its the nfl. there are only 16 games. that should sum it all up.

Critical.

1. Division game

2. They have to prove that they can play well against NE.

3. Monday night football

4. T.O. first game and how it will effect Lee Evans

5. Can the Oline do its job against the 3-4 defense

6. Has Trent learned to play against the 3-4 defense

The Bills are gonna find out about themselfs in this first game and I have my popcorn and beer ready.

A. Critical

B. Very important

C. Just another game

Since they only play 16, unless you have a playoff spot clinched every game is important.

This is what it's about. Yes, first tie breaker is best record, but the Bills have amassed the best collection of players they've had in a long time and triple 7-9's suggest to me a big jump soon, ala 1980 opener vs. the last decade dominance by a Divisional foe. Not only toppled the giant in the opener, ended up winning the Division!

We are going to absolutely light them* up - Trent Edwards, T.O., Lee Evans, & Co. will put on an offensive clinic for Belicheat* and Bundchen*, who* will spend most of his* time on his* back, gazing up at the sky, wondering what hit him....

Our BuffTown Bills 34

Provincetown Patriettes* 0

19 and 0 baby!!! ;)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :thumbsup: