Things looking better for signing Pisa

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/27/...-acquire-lenon/

I think the leaning tower of Pisa would be a great addition for us. It seems he's getting closer since he canceled his Phili trip and now NE signing a diff LB....

fingers crossed.

Patriots Acquire Lenon

Posted by Aaron Wilson on May 27, 2009, 8:39 a.m. EDT

The New England Patriots have struck a deal with veteran free agent inside linebacker Paris Lenon, according to Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe.

Per the report, the transaction likely takes the Patriots out of the running for former St. Louis Rams starting linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa. Tinoisamoa has visited the Patriots, Chicago Bears and the Buffalo Bills.

“Paris is excited to finally be a part of a winning organization and eager to contribute in whatever way Coach [bill] Belichick and his staff see fit,” agent Jon Persch told the Globe. “Now, quite simply he’s eager to go to work.”

Lenon, 31, recorded a career-high 121 tackles last season for the Detroit Lions, leading the 0-16 team in tackles.

He has a previous stint with the Green Bay Packers.

The Patriots were in need of some proven experience at inside linebacker after third-round pick Tyrone McKenzie suffered a season-ending knee injury at a rookie minicamp.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they really want him, they should sweeten the pot another 5-10%

I think that they should give him an ultimatum, a date by which he should make up his mind... It's either sign with the Buffalo Bills and instantly be the one of the two starting OLBs, or miss that opportunity and sign with the Bears for a one year deal and compete for a starting OLB spot. Which is it Pisa??

I think that they should give him an ultimatum, a date by which he should make up his mind... It's either sign with the Buffalo Bills and instantly be the one of the two starting OLBs, or miss that opportunity and sign with the Bears for a one year deal and compete for a starting OLB spot. Which is it Pisa??

I think there is a kicker clause built in automatically, timing him out of the opportunity with an agreement to open it up upon mutual agreement.

He canceled his Phili trip so I think an answer, one way or another, is coming soon.

Who is Paris Lenon and why didn't we sign him?

PTR

According to the logic of some, he's worse than Pisa because his team was 0-16 while Pisa's was 4-12 (or something like that).

More accurately, He's a MLB which is why we didn't sign him cause we don't need one of those.

Talk out of Chicago on Pisa Tinoisamoa:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/de...gents_tino.html

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-2...0,5256917.story

The Lovie Smith connection might be tough to overcome. Seems he's playing the waiting game hoping for a 5-10% bump as others mentioned.

If the information in the links is correct,the Bills should bump up their offer if they want him. Sounds like he's there for the taking to the highest bidder.

I'd be VERY surprised if he picked the Bills over Chicago. A good team that has a franchise QB, when you can start on their top 5 defense, with a coach you already know, or...... the Bills.

I'll be surprised if the Bills let him slip away. All things being equal I think he chooses the Bills just because the Bills are closer to being a contender than the Bears. Playing in the NFC north is a way different ball game than playing in the AFC east. The Bears have done little to make me think they are legit contenders. Adding Cutler certainly helps but I still don't see any potency in their offense because he doesn't have enough of an arsenal at the skill positions. The Bills on the other hand have what looks to be, minus the OLB position of course, a very solid and deep defense. Adding Pisa would make it top tier in terms of talent and depth imo. Also you have to think the Bills have the potential for one of those "blow up the scoreboard" type offenses, and I don't think those differences are lost on Pisa. You also have to consider that Pisa stand to make a greater impact for the Bills who are far more starved for talent at the position than the Bears.

I have to believe that unless the Bears offer him a flat out better contract you are going to see him in a Bills uniform next year. Hopefully the Bills FO doesn't let this opportunity slip away.

Paris Lenon is a pretty good LB that has been on a very bad team the past couple years. While he's not Pro Bowl material, Belichick has another solid role-player on his defense.

Can't be good, he's yet another NFL Europe product and according to Skooby NFL Europe lacked talent.