Florio thinks the Bills will make a run at Vick

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you need to chill. What Vick did was wrong. I think we can all agree on that. But the man has served his time. Did you grow up as an African American in the rural South? Before you start getting all high and mighty and self rightious on what a horrible person Mike Vick is, compare his background to yours before you start throwing stones. I live in Atlanta, and let me tell bro there are many many people down here who still worship Mike Vick. His jersey is worn by many, and a lot of those jerseys are worn by kids.

I totally think what Michael Vick did was wrong. Does that make me hate the guy forever? No!! White society especially the media sets the morals and rules for how people are supposed to behave. Did you see any black people protesting against Vick in front of the courthouse in Virginia when he was sentenced? Not at all. In a large part of black America especially in lower income areas, in the South, dogs are not thought of with the same reverance as in all the lilly white parts of our country. And if you have half a brain, I am sure you can figure out where those feelings come from.

When people care far more about dogs than human beings, something is really frickin wrong with our society.

this pretty close to being fully accurate, but you cant hinge the whole argument on race alone for forgiving him. black or white...he grew up differently than most of us. of course his values are different. hell, the chinese eat our beloved dogs and cats, but i am sure no one is saying the rockets need to part ways with Yao Ming.

now i know the circumstances are different..the hanging, drowning and electricutions are gruesome. but again, he was brought up in a culture that does not value dogs on the same level of valuing human beings.

wrong, but forgivable.

:wacko:

That WAS a joke, right?

No, actually I was being serious. NFL's Spring Mobile app that I have links his posts right to their main page. Why would the League's own application link his website if he wasn't accurate? He cites EVERYTHING he gets from a source from a paper/blog/publication. I've seen Allen Wilson from the News (say what you want about the News) on his site MANY times. The Vick speculation is only that, speculation, but I trust Florio over just about any other Profootballcentral/365 whatever football bloggery trash out there. He ran Cappacio's story on T.O. 6 hours before any other site had it.

I guess I'm posting here enough now to get "the business." Haha.

Did the League's own application link to the news about Terry Bradshaw dying in a car accident?

I will admit that Florio has gotten better about reporting news instead of making it up. But I have a long memory, and the Bradshaw thing was far from the only time that he tossed some unconfirmed rumor against the wall to see if it would stick.

And to let you know precisely where I'm coming from on that, I was about half a second away from deleting the thread about Linda Bogdan's death -- even though I trusted the guy who posted it, and he gave me what appeared to be valid proof -- right up until I got the call that it had been confirmed through the front office.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/19/...ck-destination/

can't say i agree, but the JT part is interesting.

Before I get to the negativity, let me just say that you did a fine job of titling this thread. There is no rumor. There is no source (other than Florio). The truth of the situation is, Florio thinks the Bills might make a run. And, for what it is worth, Florio is straight up about that, too.

Now, Florio may have good inside sources, but he cites none of them here. This is simply a guy, with a blog, taking a wild guess. It's a crappy guess, IMO, and he makes a bad case. If the Bills really wanted to do everything they could to win NOW, they have/had far better options than signing Vick. I guess Florio has forgotten one important thing: Vick is a crappy NFL QB.

And, so I don't have to comment in that moron Skooby's thread about Bills fans welcoming Vick with open arms, I'll address it here. We won't, at least most of us won't. You can forgive a guy for making a "mistake", but it is hard to forgive someone for being a serial torturer and murderer of dogs. You can send a drug abuser to rehab and a guy with several DUI's can start taking cabs. How do you treat someone who, over a period of time, decided to get in the business of dog murdering and torture? Yes he served his time, and has the right to a second chance, if he can find someone to give him that shot. But, what makes anyone think Buffalo Bills fans are the type that will jump on his forgiveness train?

I could see Bills fans rooting for him IF he managed to help turn around the team, and lead them to many wins, but I don't see that happening. He sucked as a QB, and he has been out of football for two years. What makes anyone think this guy can help the Bills?

Florio's assertion (and I'm guessing Skooby's, based on his thread title) that the Bills fans' positive reception to TO is somehow relevant to the Vick situation, is absurd. He assumes because the Bills fans have reacted positively to a GREAT WR, who's only negative is his ego, they will welcome a CRAPPY QB who systematically tortured and murdered dogs. Yeah, that makes a a lot of sense.

Do you not understand? Have you ever witnessed dog fighting? They raise the dogs to kill each other. They train them to tear each other apart. WTF does hunting have to do with training dogs to kill each other and bet on which one will win? Before you bible thump anyone of us get the facts straight. He raised and fought dogs to kill each other for a profit!

:lol:

I fully understand dogfighting. I had a co-worker, whom I consider a good friend, at my last job who was involved in it. He explained the whole thing and the way they operate to me when all of the Vick drama unfolded. Never saw it in person, but have seen video clips. About the "Bible thumping"? The Word syas what it says. Does it hurt that much? Do you really consider yourself that much better of a person than Vick just because you haven't done what he's done? You're not. On that note, neither am I. People are so quick to trash another person and waive the finger when they have many flaws about themselves. You can try to reason away about how you're not like him in any way, but there are likely things that you've done which he has not that aren't anything you would go broadcasting. About the deer? People shoot them with arrows, shotguns, rifles, and slit their throats with knives if the shots didn't kill them all for "sport". I know people in hunting clubs who pay out to the person who kills the biggest buck of the week and the season. Dogfighting is viewed as a sport in some of these people's eyes. Not saying it's right, but that's how they view it.

Do you really consider yourself that much better of a person than Vick just because you haven't done what he's done?

Yes. I am a better human being than Mike Vick, as I have not engaged in the systematic torture and murder of dogs. I have no doubt about it.

I'd hope most of us are better than this POS.

Numerous people have compared humans to animals.

For the most part (there are exceptions) humans get themselves into and/or are able to get themselves out of bad situations. Animals simply go where they are led. Humans, being blessed with intellect must accept the responsibility of decency that goes with it.

There's a real problem with humanity (I see it every day on the job and in the news); there's no acceptance of responsibility/accountability for one's actions.

Think about it.......

Dude, you need to chill. What Vick did was wrong. I think we can all agree on that. But the man has served his time. Did you grow up as an African American in the rural South? Before you start getting all high and mighty and self rightious on what a horrible person Mike Vick is, compare his background to yours before you start throwing stones. I live in Atlanta, and let me tell bro there are many many people down here who still worship Mike Vick. His jersey is worn by many, and a lot of those jerseys are worn by kids.

I totally think what Michael Vick did was wrong. Does that make me hate the guy forever? No!! White society especially the media sets the morals and rules for how people are supposed to behave. Did you see any black people protesting against Vick in front of the courthouse in Virginia when he was sentenced? Not at all. In a large part of black America especially in lower income areas, in the South, dogs are not thought of with the same reverance as in all the lilly white parts of our country. And if you have half a brain, I am sure you can figure out where those feelings come from.

When people care far more about dogs than human beings, something is really frickin wrong with our society.

There's something frickin wrong with our society when a guy like Mr. Vick is still worshiped! As far as people caring more for dogs than humans, explain. Most people just can't imagine throwing a helpless dog, with it's muzzle taped, into a pit to be trained on.

:lol:

I fully understand dogfighting. I had a co-worker, whom I consider a good friend, at my last job who was involved in it. He explained the whole thing and the way they operate to me when all of the Vick drama unfolded. Never saw it in person, but have seen video clips. About the "Bible thumping"? The Word syas what it says. Does it hurt that much? Do you really consider yourself that much better of a person than Vick just because you haven't done what he's done? You're not. On that note, neither am I. People are so quick to trash another person and waive the finger when they have many flaws about themselves. You can try to reason away about how you're not like him in any way, but there are likely things that you've done which he has not that aren't anything you would go broadcasting. About the deer? People shoot them with arrows, shotguns, rifles, and slit their throats with knives if the shots didn't kill them all for "sport". I know people in hunting clubs who pay out to the person who kills the biggest buck of the week and the season. Dogfighting is viewed as a sport in some of these people's eyes. Not saying it's right, but that's how they view it.

I'm not a hunter but, not a good comparison!

Well I think what Vick did was without a doubt horrible but he did serve his time so its hard for me to say he can't play in the league. He should not be suspended as he spent jail time and lost his huge contract. As for the Bills I just don't think they could use him. If the Bills had no off season troubles than I would say there is a slim chance they would look into him

However with Lynch, Whitner, and McIntyre all having law troubles the Bills want to rid themselves of this whole stigma. Vick brings a circus with him and we already have a tent pitched up with TO in town. Its just too much for this organization to handle. On the field I don't think the Bills have a need or major use for him.

As for Jason Taylor I like the fact that the Bills are still trying to improve their roster and do not have a false confidence in the talent they currently have. Now if only they can get Pisa signed.

I would still like to have Trent as our QB but the Vick topic is interesting. he's like a taller version of Flutie. Hey, wasn't Flutie the QB who took us to the playoffs for what would be the last time for almost 10 years?

No...the #1 defense in the NFL took us to the playoffs DESPITE Flutie...Flutie stunk up the field for a good portion of 1999