Serious question on the gay marriage issue

My very good friend had her first baby totally unexpectedly (and out of wedlock) at age 42 ... so you never know. I predict that if you have truly accepted that you won't have kids...

You just may. :sick:

So she was a virgin? :thumbdown:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you implying that there are facts that show homosexual marriages are more stable, strong, long-lasting, etc. than heterosexual marriages? That they provide a healthy enviroment for any children that they may raise together? It would be hard to believe the first part of that, and the answer to the latter is a resounding no.

Show me some evidence that shows that heterosexual parents/marriages are more healthy and able to provide a healthy growth environment than homosexual parents/marriages. Also, feel free to explain why homosexual parents cannot provide a healthy environment for kids.

Did you forget to log in under "stupid nation" before posting this? Parenting is about the person/people involved, not their sexual preferences.

Show me some evidence that shows that heterosexual parents/marriages are more healthy and able to provide a healthy growth environment than homosexual parents/marriages. Also, feel free to explain why homosexual parents cannot provide a healthy environment for kids.

Did you forget to log in under "stupid nation" before posting this? Parenting is about the person/people involved, not their sexual preferences.

You're being ignorant if you really believe that having homosexual parents doesn't VASTLY increase the chances of a child having to endure unnecessary psychological pain. Particularly between the ages of 10-20 when their peers can oftentiems be especially brutal towards others that are in situations like that. Go into a middle school or high school for just one school day and see how many times homophobic words are tossed around. Imagine how that would make the child of these homosexual parents feel. And right or wrong, it will only be worse and more directed if it is common knowledge that they have gay parents. What's your answer there? Home-schooling? Not to mention the child beign raised only gets the perpective of either two males or two females. Sure, a child with heterosexual parents might get only one side of the sexual spectrum due to a divorce or dead-beat, but homosexual parents guaruntee that.

So are you implying that there are facts that show homosexual marriages are more stable, strong, long-lasting, etc. than heterosexual marriages? That they provide a healthy enviroment for any children that they may raise together? It would be hard to believe the first part of that, and the answer to the latter is a resounding no.

No, but I am implying that there are oodles of heterosexual parents out there that have royally screwed up their kids.

You're being ignorant if you really believe that having homosexual parents doesn't VASTLY increase the chances of a child having to endure unnecessary psychological pain. Particularly between the ages of 10-20 when their peers can oftentiems be especially brutal towards others that are in situations like that. Go into a middle school or high school for just one school day and see how many times homophobic words are tossed around. Imagine how that would make the child of these homosexual parents feel. And right or wrong, it will only be worse and more directed if it is common knowledge that they have gay parents. What's your answer there? Home-schooling? Not to mention the child beign raised only gets the perpective of either two males or two females. Sure, a child with heterosexual parents might get only one side of the sexual spectrum due to a divorce or dead-beat, but homosexual parents guaruntee that.

I guess we'd have the same problems if a kid has parents with red hair, glasses, braces, etc or anything else that kids make fun of in middle school. Its friggin middle school.

Your "a child only gets 1 viewpoint" form a homosexual marriage is so unbelievably idiotic, its almost funny. You sound like a bible thumping nutjob with your "homosexual parents screw up the kids" rhetoric.

Again, good parenting creates the healthiest environment, and any 2 people can be good parents.

I guess we'd have the same problems if a kid has parents with red hair, glasses, braces, etc or anything else that kids make fun of in middle school. Its friggin middle school.

Your "a child only gets 1 viewpoint" form a homosexual marriage is so unbelievably idiotic, its almost funny. You sound like a bible thumping nutjob with your "homosexual parents screw up the kids" rhetoric.

Again, good parenting creates the healthiest environment, and any 2 people can be good parents.

Actually, my opinion on that issue has absolutely nothing to do with religion or the Bible, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. It's predictable though. Anytime someone takes an issue with gay marriage, homosexual parents, etc. it simply HAS to come down to "bible thumping". At least come up with something other than that crap.

Many homosexual parents in my daughters school, at all ages, mostly because it's a highly tolerant Quaker school. You know what? No issues. None. Nada. Because there are homosexual parents and homosexual teachers and like every school, homosexual kids. When people go out of there way to be civil and parents don't raise their kids to be jerkoffs like they are, school can be a lot less painful than it often is for so many kids.*

*Odds of this environment existing in a public school = slim to none.

My very good friend had her first baby totally unexpectedly (and out of wedlock) at age 42 ... so you never know. I predict that if you have truly accepted that you won't have kids...

You just may. :thumbsup:

True... But be careful, at that age one is takling a lot of health risks... Especially with Downs... What does that fall to above 40 years?

Here is the risk chart:

Age Risk

20 1:1450

30 1:940

40 1:85

41 1:70

42 1:55

43 1:45

44 1:40

45 1:35

46 1:30

47 1:30

48 1:30

49 1:25

So you don't believe society should have any mores with regards to this issue? Or at least they should be what you hold to be right. I tell you what, there will always be some. And watch out when the MINORITY and very few attempt to tinker with those mores.

Just to clarify the definition, from Wiki:

Mores (singular mos) is the Latin term for societal norms, customs, virtues or values. Mores derive from the established practices of a society rather than its written laws. They consist of shared understandings about the kinds of behaviour likely to evoke approval, disapproval, toleration or sanction, within particular contexts.

"Any 2 people can be good parents" is sure leaving the door wide open for no limits and stanadards... Personal responsibility is sure to even fall deeper into the abyss, IMO.

This is the calm before the storm if we later find out people are surpressing their true feelings out of be judged politically correct. It could be a very dangerous road too much, too fast.

Now, don't get me wrong... I can accept changing societal mores... I just can't believe they are changing this fast, this soon. If that is really the case, I hope those changes are not by any pressure applied incorrectly (see my PC statement above).

Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread. There is a gap here between societal mores and its written laws that are being forced into place.

Many homosexual parents in my daughters school, at all ages, mostly because it's a highly tolerant Quaker school. You know what? No issues. None. Nada. Because there are homosexual parents and homosexual teachers and like every school, homosexual kids. When people go out of there way to be civil and parents don't raise their kids to be jerkoffs like they are, school can be a lot less painful than it often is for so many kids.*

*Odds of this environment existing in a public school = slim to none.

And that is perfectly fine and admirable!

But, don't expect that the rest has to conform (ironic, we are talking about Quakers) to that also.

Particularly between the ages of 10-20 when their peers can oftentiems be especially brutal towards others that are in situations like that. Go into a middle school or high school for just one school day and see how many times homophobic words are tossed around.

The problem here is not homosexual parents, it's homophobic parents who raise their kids teaching them homophobia is the norm and homophobic words acceptable!

your arguments are frightening, in the 60ies with the same kind of arguments you 'd have defend segregation because black kids would have to face racism in integrated schools! :thumbsup:

The problem here is not homosexual parents, it's homophobic parents who raise their kids teaching them homophobia is the norm and homophobic words acceptable!

your arguments are frightening, in the 60ies with the same kind of arguments you 'd have defend segregation because black kids would have to face racism in integrated schools! :thumbsup:

That is not it. Try again. For me it is not being scared or homophobic. I don't teach my children to be homophobic, they know their options. I will still love them and embrace them no matter what they CHOOSE. They are very much exposed to alternate lifestyles and with my blessing. I may be a little disappointed and sadened if they CHOOSE an alternate lifestyle. I surely would get over it. I never said I would rebuff them.

This isn't about equal protection. Keep trying to make the gay issue a physical trait and not a societal one.

:lol::P

That is not it. Try again. For me it is not being scared or homophobic. I don't teach my children to be homophobic, they know their options. I will still love them and embrace them no matter what they CHOOSE. They are very much exposed to alternate lifestyles and with my blessing. I may be a little disappointed and sadened if they CHOOSE an alternate lifestyle. I surely would get over it. I never said I would rebuff them.

This isn't about equal protection. Keep trying to make the gay issue a physical trait and not a societal one.

:thumbsup::lol:

:P

:thumbsup:

Why are you laughing. Did you ever hear a child say:

"I want to be bi-sexual."

I have. No that is pretty damn funny!

:lol:

Hey there is nothing wrong with it. I am cool with it. But at least I will be able to set limits and take personal responsibility unlike yourself to say:

"Okay, that lifestyle is just not the norm."

You really set a new standard for your lunacy Darin. :P

:thumbsup::lol:

???? i really don't understand what your answer has to do with my post...

I just said i think it's completly stupid to say homosexual parents may be a problem for their children because it may cause those children to face more homophobia than "normal" kids. The problem is homophobia not homosexual parents.

???? i really don't understand what your answer has to do with my post...

I just said i think it's completly stupid to say homosexual parents may be a problem for their children because it may cause those children to face more homophobia than "normal" kids. The problem is homophobia not homosexual parents.

The problem is there is societal norms. You live outside the norms, you take responsibilty. Shouldn't there be ONE standard? I am not judging the lifestyle, just what comes with the lifestyle. You will alwys get your share of homophobia becuase that problem lies within the majority and the norm. How are you possibly going to tackle that problem of homophobia? Certainly not the way you espouse. That is (that homophobia exists) what the homosexual should try and understand and take responsibility for. That would go a long way in lessening the homophobia out there.

You are (your argument) pulling the cart before the horse.