Serious question on the gay marriage issue

Still pissed that you have everything in common with McVeigh, while I have nothing in common with either of you poorly raised, hick-ass, uneducated tools? Being paranoid about a 2 month old post isn't going to make you any more able to compete in this world.

You're right, you don't have anything in common with McVeigh. Let's just dispel this crazy notion right now-

McVeigh was from the Buffalo Metropolitan Area while you were from.........that's probably a bad example, hmmm lets see....well now McVeigh wrote bizarre, rambling, right wing manifestos but you on the other hand.......uh oh looks like I'm 0 for 2 so far. How about this, McVeigh was unusually awkward around women and it is speculated that he died a virgin, while you on the other hand.......well you're technically still "alive" in the clinical sense of the word and you'll probably have about 10-20 more years of trying claw your way out of the lifelong celibacy crew but the odds of that happening are like a million to one (I mean what woman would ever hook up with someone who can't finish a single sentence without uttering the term "far-left". At least O'Reilly gets paid when he does it, what's your excuse?) so I'll just go ahead and count that as a match. Looks like this is going to be harder than I thought!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, you don't have anything in common with McVeigh. Let's just dispel this crazy notion right now-

McVeigh was from the Buffalo Metropolitan Area while you were from.........that's probably a bad example, hmmm lets see....well now McVeigh wrote bizarre, rambling, right wing manifestos but you on the other hand.......uh oh looks like I'm 0 for 2 so far. How about this, McVeigh was unusually awkward around women and it is speculated that he died a virgin, while you on the other hand.......well you're technically still "alive" in the clinical sense of the word and you'll probably have about 10-20 more years of trying claw your way out of the lifelong celibacy crew but the odds of that happening are like a million to one (I mean what woman would ever hook up with someone who can't finish a single sentence without uttering the term "far-left". At least O'Reilly gets paid when he does it, what's your excuse?) so I'll just go ahead and count that as a match. Looks like this is going to be harder than I thought!

OC, stop poaching my fan base. Bad Lieutenant is mine, you can't have him, I'm not sharing.

Considering our understanding of genetics is incredibly rudimentary, your post is utter nonsense. But thanks for letting us know not to bother responding on that particular subject.

Now get back to pretending the science of Global Warming is compelling, you friggin' hypocrite.

Not so rundimentary not to make my explanation the most consistent. But I'm sure it appears as utter nonsense - random scribblings even - to your eye.

Go ahead and believe in the magic gene or the corruption of God's will as you prefer, and keep hiding smugly behind "our understanding of the science too incomplete." I have yet to see you articulate a nontrivial argument on this board.

I'm going to assume you are straight. When did you make that decision? How did you go about it? Did you weigh the pros and cons? Experiment to see what worked for you?

The idea that sexual orientation is a choice is an idea that even most against same-sex marriage no longer hold.

I take some people have experimented (red). With the reducing of social limits, responsibility and the changing of social mores... I take more will begin to "experiment to see what works for them".

If there is no choice in the matter, how to you explain bi-sexual people? Obviously they experiment what works best for them, they just haven't made up their mind yet and like both.

Are bi-sexual people eternally doomed to be physically confused?

Again, please explain the people who like it "both ways."

Again... I am not telling people what they can't do physically with their own body. This is not about equal protection... It is about social rules.

:thumbsup: Still not denying anything I said huh? Make sure you mop up before you leave there skippy.

For the record, I have only lived in cities growing up or working, except in high school, but that was cool because I learned to play lacrosse well enough to pay for college there. Buffalo is the smallest city I have ever lived in. I haven't and won't live in a dopey suburb, and try to pretend I'm "from the city".

Buddy, the women thing? Really? Hysterical. My friends/co-workers would laugh their asses off at you, I have to remember to email this around. Since there's no way for me to respond accurately, without sounding bad(or good, depending on your perspective :devil: ), let's leave it at: women seem to like men who are men, over candy asses trying to impress them with their weakness...a lot more :wallbash: Since cities are populated with so many candy asses...

I don't know why you are complaining about using political terms...on a political message board. :unsure: I have been using the term "far-right" a lot recently, if that makes you happy.

Tell that to the Greeks and Romans.

Show me evidence that the Greeks and Romans allowed gay marriage

They tolerated the behavior, but I betcha dollars to donuts those famous ancient gays and lesbians were married or bethrothed to somebody of the opposite sex

Until probably the 20th century, children were a more valuable asset than gold. Many children didn't survive long enough to reach puberty. We consider somebody in their 40s to be middle aged. Back then, somebody in their 40s was a village elder. Oh, and by the way the Emperor/King/President/Prince/etc decided it's time to go to war....there goes half your male population of child bearing age

The meaning of life was to crank out the kids as fast as they could. If the boys were messing with the boys and the girls were messing with the girls, and neither were messing with each other...your village/tribe/culture won't last too many years

Show me evidence that the Greeks and Romans allowed gay marriage

They tolerated the behavior, but I betcha dollars to donuts those famous ancient gays and lesbians were married or bethrothed to somebody of the opposite sex

Until probably the 20th century, children were a more valuable asset than gold. Many children didn't survive long enough to reach puberty. We consider somebody in their 40s to be middle aged. Back then, somebody in their 40s was a village elder. Oh, and by the way the Emperor/King/President/Prince/etc decided it's time to go to war....there goes half your male population of child bearing age

The meaning of life was to crank out the kids as fast as they could. If the boys were messing with the boys and the girls were messing with the girls, and neither were messing with each other...your village/tribe/culture won't last too many years

So what are you saying, we got it too easy now? Too much time on our hands?

I tell my children:

When I was your age I used to walk to school in the pouring rain UPHILL, BOTH WAYS!!!

:devil:

So what are you saying, we got it too easy now? Too much time on our hands?

I tell my children:

When I was your age I used to walk to school in the pouring rain UPHILL, BOTH WAYS!!!

:devil:

in the rain? wuss

I walked it in the snow

Beware the following arguments:

Marriage is for the procreation of life! We let infertile couples, older couples, women with hysterectomies, men with vasectomies, etc, get married all the time.

Considering that I'm two weeks away from turning 40, my wife is 40, and we do not have kids, chances are that we are not going to have children. And guess what, that's OK.

Yet, I get this funny feeling from people at my church that we're somehow not right because we do not have children. Kim told me a couple of weeks ago that she was getting the same vibes. And this is a church where I've seen unmarried girls being pregnant and couples having to get married because they had a kid out of wedlock.

You get married because you love the other person. You don't get married to have kids or to create more Catholics or Southern Baptists.

Considering that I'm two weeks away from turning 40, my wife is 40, and we do not have kids, chances are that we are not going to have children. And guess what, that's OK.

Yet, I get this funny feeling from people at my church that we're somehow not right because we do not have children. Kim told me a couple of weeks ago that she was getting the same vibes. And this is a church where I've seen unmarried girls being pregnant and couples having to get married because they had a kid out of wedlock.

You get married because you love the other person. You don't get married to have kids or to create more Catholics or Southern Baptists.

Now look you what you did, Buckeye, you just ruined the marriages for all those other people who did it to have children or clone more Catholics. Now all their marriages don't mean anything anymore. Nice going.

The primary reason of marriage, on both natural and religious arguments, comes from the fact that marriage creates a stable environment for children; secondarily for the mutual love of a man and woman. Children, for the great part of civilization, were considered the most important element of the family. The happiness of man and wife were secondary to that so that "for better or worse" they would raise the children with a proper formation which does require man and woman. This also does not deny secondary marriages reasons like for those who are sterile.

The good thing is those families that have large children and they usually are institutionally religious will be the ones who are left on this earth and will be the majority once again.

Funny... people who are so against institutionalized religions, and have fought hard to minimize them while using the law to drag them down will have died off in 4 generations and the "who shall inherit the earth" will be those people who actually had children. Got to feel good while they piss on your grave as you mock them now and you have nothing to show for it except empty words.

Now look you what you did, Buckeye, you just ruined the marriages for all those other people who did it to have children or clone more Catholics. Now all their marriages don't mean anything anymore. Nice going.

:thumbdown::sick::lol:

The primary reason of marriage, on both natural and religious arguments, comes from the fact that marriage creates a stable environment for children;

:thumbdown: Bold emphasis mine. In some instances yes, but c'mon....I'm pretty sure that heterosexuals have used up all the "sanctity of marriage" credits.

The primary reason of marriage, on both natural and religious arguments, comes from the fact that marriage creates a stable environment for children; secondarily for the mutual love of a man and woman. Children, for the great part of civilization, were considered the most important element of the family. The happiness of man and wife were secondary to that so that "for better or worse" they would raise the children with a proper formation which does require man and woman. This also does not deny secondary marriages reasons like for those who are sterile.

The good thing is those families that have large children and they usually are institutionally religious will be the ones who are left on this earth and will be the majority once again.

Funny... people who are so against institutionalized religions, and have fought hard to minimize them while using the law to drag them down will have died off in 4 generations and the "who shall inherit the earth" will be those people who actually had children. Got to feel good while they piss on your grave as you mock them now and you have nothing to show for it except empty words.

Does that mean the Giants will inherit the Earth?

:thumbdown: Bold emphasis mine. In some instances yes, but c'mon....I'm pretty sure that heterosexuals have used up all the "sanctity of marriage" credits.

So are you implying that there are facts that show homosexual marriages are more stable, strong, long-lasting, etc. than heterosexual marriages? That they provide a healthy enviroment for any children that they may raise together? It would be hard to believe the first part of that, and the answer to the latter is a resounding no.

My very good friend had her first baby totally unexpectedly (and out of wedlock) at age 42 ... so you never know. I predict that if you have truly accepted that you won't have kids...

You just may. :thumbdown: