Hargrove Works out for Saints

Per Rotoworld:

The Saints worked out free agent DE Anthony Hargrove recently, according to the National Football Post.

Hargrove, 26, was reinstated from a one-year suspension over the winter after sitting out 2008 for violating the league's substance abuse policy three times. He could compete with nickel end Bobby McCray in New Orleans.

Source: National Football Post

I always thought he was decent on the field - it was off the field he had problems. I'd love to have another competent DE in the mix here, but it looks like the Bills have given up on him.

I always thought he was decent on the field - it was off the field he had problems. I'd love to have another competent DE in the mix here, but it looks like the Bills have given up on him.

I think the Bills are done with him. I liked his play & intensity, but they won't take another chance on his off the field issues.

Per Rotoworld:

The Saints worked out free agent DE Anthony Hargrove recently, according to the National Football Post.

Hargrove, 26, was reinstated from a one-year suspension over the winter after sitting out 2008 for violating the league's substance abuse policy three times. He could compete with nickel end Bobby McCray in New Orleans.

NO THANKS!

The guy is a walking suspension. His best attribute was getting the crowd at the Ralph fired up....

NO THANKS!

The guy is a walking suspension. His best attribute was getting the crowd at the Ralph fired up....

I used to love that about Hargrove and Stamer. I hate to say it but I miss both of those guys.

I used to love that about Hargrove and Stamer. I hate to say it but I miss both of those guys.

The Bills should hire them as cheerleaders instead. Hargrove is a waste of talent. He is useless, because he couldn't stay on the field. He had his chance, and doesn't deserve another with the Bills.

Maybe Buffalo can get Kendrick Office back too, I think he also had 2 whole sacks in 2 seasons with the Bills.

:flirt:

AH had a good story and played with a lot intensity, but you're right, he isn't some stud or something. People liek to make legends out of average to below average players around here.

Maybe Buffalo can get Kendrick Office back too, I think he also had 2 whole sacks in 2 seasons with the Bills.

2.5, I think (I see both 2,5 and 3). But, let's also note that he was not a starter, and in fact, saw very little playing time. I might mention that sacks aren't everything, and he seemed to get more pressure on the QB when he was in the game, than the DE he replaced. I wonder what his sacks + pressures/play looks like? I suspect it would be better than most of the Bills current DEs. Mostly, he seemed to energize the D, when he entered the game. Very subjective, I know.

But, he was not a well rounded DE and needed to improve his overall game. He made one (or two) too many off the field mistakes, and didn't handle his responsibilities properly, IMO. When he speaks, he seems like a really good guy, and maybe he is. But I think his days with the Bills are over, and deservedly so.

I hope he gets a chance and succeeds elsewhere...just not against the Bills.

Per Rotoworld:

NO visits BUF Sept 27. Hargrove has an outstanding NYS criminal arrest warrant, AFAIK. If he shows up, he will be grabbed by the police. No?

NO visits BUF Sept 27. Hargrove has an outstanding NYS criminal arrest warrant, AFAIK. If he shows up, he will be grabbed by the police. No?

I would think they would take care of it before then. I believe it has to do with some yet-to-be-performed public service duties. Shouldn't be a big barrier, IMO.

Per Rotoworld:

He is better than Kelsay and as good as Schobel(and younger and cheaper and more upside)--I bet Schobel gets hurt before Hargrove gets sent to prison.

I would think they would take care of it before then. I believe it has to do with some yet-to-be-performed public service duties. Shouldn't be a big barrier, IMO.

No - I believe he lifted his leg on the authorities, didn't show up to do what he was told to do, so it is a criminal court matter now, and there is a warrant outstanding for his arrest, and he is currently on the lam.

That should be a big barrier, IMO.

Now that would be funny. As an aside, what does it say about NO and the NFL that they are thinking of adding a player with an outstanding arrest warrant out for him? Do you think NO even knows this?