Was Rhodes signed because ML is 1 mistake away from a 1 year suspensio

Do you think we signed Rhodes because of ML's lack of judgement in his personal life?? He is one more offense away from a year's suspension and if he did something really serious he might even face a ban.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch hasn't failed any drug tests. He could get in trouble again without a 1 year suspension.

He's starring at a ~month off now and hasn't even committed a felony, imagine that.

That was a big part of it, coupled with the fact that after Lynch and Jackson, our RB depth is non-existent. They also didn't know at the time if Jackson was even going to show up for camp because of the contract issue. They knew they needed someone for the first 3 games either way, Jackson can't handle being the every down back in the NFL.

I can't see them signing Rhodes strictly because OBD is afraid of another Lynch suspension. If they truly feared this and thought that he was that bad of an egg, they'd be looking for a permanent replacement and planning on dumping/trading Lynch. Rhodes is only a stopgap, bit player - useful for various other reasons, but not a key cog in the event that Lynch is gone for the season.

Speaking of Lynch's suspension - what ever happened to the appeal? I was expecting an appeal to be filed, and hopefully have the suspension dropped to a game or two, the way the commish did with Brandon Marshall last year. Anyone know anything on this?

Lynch will miss 3 games or less. Would you rather have Jackson/Omon or Jackson/Rhodes?

Omon might get cut if they can't put him on their practice squad.

Wait maybe Lynch is a insurance policy to Rhodes. Rhodes missed 4 games recently due to pot smoking.

Do you think we signed Rhodes because of ML's lack of judgement in his personal life?? He is one more offense away from a year's suspension and if he did something really serious he might even face a ban.

I'm not sure, but let me know what your BMW driving buddy has to say about this, K?

I can't see them signing Rhodes strictly because OBD is afraid of another Lynch suspension. If they truly feared this and thought that he was that bad of an egg, they'd be looking for a permanent replacement and planning on dumping/trading Lynch. Rhodes is only a stopgap, bit player - useful for various other reasons, but not a key cog in the event that Lynch is gone for the season.

Speaking of Lynch's suspension - what ever happened to the appeal? I was expecting an appeal to be filed, and hopefully have the suspension dropped to a game or two, the way the commish did with Brandon Marshall last year. Anyone know anything on this?

Agreed. Has anyone heard about this? I almost asked the Commissioner at the draft when I met him. Not that he would have told me anyway. At least it might have made him crack a smile.

Lynch will miss 3 games or less. Would you rather have Jackson/Omon or Jackson/Rhodes?

Maybe you're expecting Lynch to appeal his 4 game suspension, but he hasn't yet, so I think you're a bit premature there. Whether he sits out 2, 3, 4, or more games, I'm happy we have Rhodes as an insurance policy.

Maybe you're expecting Lynch to appeal his 4 game suspension, but he hasn't yet, so I think you're a bit premature there. Whether he sits out 2, 3, 4, or more games, I'm happy we have Rhodes as an insurance policy.

Lynch was suspended 3 games not 4. I think he also only had 10 days from when he got his suspension to appeal. we never heard whether he appealed or not.

Huh? Don't know why I thought it was a 4 game suspension, but after reading some articles, I guess not. Anyway, sorry for that. Still at the RB position, it's always good to have a competent backup or 2, so I'm glad we have Rhodes and Jackson.