Ask Tim Graham, version 2.0

Lori

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and I must not check out the same Stadium Wall message board because the vast majority of people here have called Peters overrated and insisted moving Walker to left tackle would make the offensive line superior to last year's unit.

Hell hath no fury like a woman Bills fan scorned ...

Hell hath no fury like a woman Bills fan scorned ...

Lori, Just think, the Bills front office cut overpayed and underperforming Dockery and Walker. With the savings from those two departed players the front office could easily have absorbed a "market rate" contract for Peters. As the team gets worse the profit margin gets bigger.

Another view on the Walker situation is that they could have moved him back to the RT spot. move Butler back to guard and then play Woods at the other guard position. In that way the line wouldn't be so young and raw. The reality is that this chickenpoop organization values downsizing on the contracts rather fielding a credible team. :D

Lori, Just think, the Bills front office cut overpayed and underperforming Dockery and Walker. With the savings from those two departed players the front office could easily have absorbed a "market rate" contract for Peters. As the team gets worse the profit margin gets bigger.

Another view on the Walker situation is that they could have moved him back to the RT spot. move Butler back to guard and then play Woods at the other guard position. In that way the line wouldn't be so young and raw. The reality is that this chickenpoop organization values downsizing on the contracts rather fielding a credible team. :D

The chance for the Bills to get Peters at the market rate was long passed, by this offseason. Peters wasn't looking for market-rate $$ from the Bills, he wanted to be gone. The Bills would have had to pay Peters what the Eagles paid him, or perhaps more.

The chance for the Bills to get Peters at the market rate was long passed, by this offseason. Peters wasn't looking for market-rate $$ from the Bills, he wanted to be gone. The Bills would have had to pay Peters what the Eagles paid him, or perhaps more.

You all assume Peters would even be motivated to play with the Bills anymore. Joining a SB contender does wonders.

PTR

You all assume Peters would even be motivated to play with the Bills anymore. Joining a SB contender does wonders.

PTR

What?

Who said anything about Peters wanting to come back to the Bills after playing for Philly?

I'm confused.

I don't think Peters was motivated to play for the Bills after last summer's holdout.

What?

Who said anything about Peters wanting to come back to the Bills after playing for Philly?

I'm confused.

I don't think Peters was motivated to play for the Bills after last summer's holdout.

Sorry. I meant that there was no guarentee you would get Peter's best in Buffalo even if we caved into his extortion demands. Going to a new team probably motivated him to actually give a crap for once.

By the way I'm watching ch.4's Pats/Bills preview and they just showed several plays where Edwards gets creamed after Peters got beat. Say what you will, you'd have to have your head examined to pay $11M/yr to a player who sucked as bad as Peters did in 2008 AND quit on your team to boot. Yes, he may be god's gift to football, but he quit on your team when he played for you. I still say !@#$ Peters.

PTR

No, we would have had to pay what the Eagles paid him? Really?

(Turn off my eensy little bit of sarcasm.)

That was market rate. You're right, that's what we would have had to pay him.

Do we really need to make this yet another Peters thread?

Ha ha ha. Fair enough, Lori, I'll shut up, even though I'm aching to reply to Promo.

He had one bad year. Every year where he has come to camp, he has been terrific. And he was much better late last year than early. Most of the sacks came early.

Also, you're saying he didn't want to be here as if it was a fact, when it makes just as much if not more sense to figure that he just wanted the best contract he could get, and and that he was willing to go elsewhere or stay in Buffalo to get it.

Anyway, we'll see how he does.

He said it in an article, "I did not want to re-up with Buffalo." I let them know that I did not want to be here after my contract is up.

It doesn't get more clear than that.

Tim,

If the coaching staff was going to implement a no huddle offense with a brand new OL and a slow to turtle like Walker at LT, why didn't they have Bell in there from the beginning?

You let him cut his teeth against Vanden Bosch and Harrison. Move Walker back to RT and let Butler and Chamber split time.

After they traded Peters were they to sacred to come out and say Bell will be our guy going forward and we have all the faith in him? Or are they making Walker the scapegoat by saying he wasn't good enough so we are inserting Bell.

Tim-With LB depth limited to UDFA's, and late round picks, do the Bills go shopping at the clearance rack now that veteran salaries aren't guaranteed?

I think they might have to. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds because other teams need linebacker help, too.

The Bills will be competing for whatever guys are available. Think they'll sign with the Patriots, Bears or Bills?