Ask Tim Graham, version 2.0

Lori

I think they might have to. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds because other teams need linebacker help, too.

The Bills will be competing for whatever guys are available. Think they'll sign with the Patriots, Bears or Bills?

I'm sure Derrick Brooks is holding out, just waiting for the 716 area code to pop up on the caller ID...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

Thanks for your ESPN blog defending the integrity of Bills fans in light of the idiotic gesture involving McKelvin's lawn. I hope McKelvin understands that most Bills fans abhor the incident and are happy that he is a player on our team. Please convey this sentiment to McKelvin if you talk with him (if you think it is appropriate to do so).

Thanks

Don't know about his plans for Friday, but unfortunately for us, the Bills are the one AFC East team Tim won't be covering this weekend. Pats-Jets intradivision battle Sunday, Fins-Colts on Monday night.

I'm pulling the double header this week. I will be at Pats-Jets on Sunday then headed to South Florida on Monday morning. I will be attending Saints-Bills in Week 3.

Tim,

Thanks for your ESPN blog defending the integrity of Bills fans in light of the idiotic gesture involving McKelvin's lawn. I hope McKelvin understands that most Bills fans abhor the incident and are happy that he is a player on our team. Please convey this sentiment to McKelvin if you talk with him (if you think it is appropriate to do so).

Thanks

Thank you, Buffalonian. I'm sure Leodis knows this was the work of the exception and not the rule. He won't hold a grudge.

I'm pulling the double header this week. I will be at Pats-Jets on Sunday then headed to South Florida on Monday morning. I will be attending Saints-Bills in Week 3.

Tim Graham, If you are going to boogey in South Beach make sure you wear a disguise. Those camera phones are ubiquitous and capable of catching you in a very compromising situation. :D

Tim,

On behalf of many of the folks here on this board, could you put out an inquiry regarding what if anything was said to Leodis McKelvin by April/Jauron just before the fateful kickoff return?

It's a question which needs to be asked (and ideally answered) and as far as anyone knows, it hasn't even been asked yet.

One of your ESPN colleagues, Howard Bryant brings this up:

"Jauron should have ordered his returners to down the ball in the end zone. Or, in the event that Stephen Gostkowski's kickoff fell short of the goal line, to get past the 20-yard line and fall to the ground.

What appeared to happen is that at the biggest moment of the night, neither the coaching staff nor McKelvin had thought through a key decision."

It's a raging question not only for the curious, but for those whose job it is to evaluate the coaching here. I'm quite disappointed that none of the local beat writers seem to have asked the question.

Thanks Tim.

He said it in an article, "I did not want to re-up with Buffalo." I let them know that I did not want to be here after my contract is up.

It doesn't get more clear than that.

Yeah, he did. He said that AFTER it became obvious that the Bills weren't going to pay him what he was worth. Not before. That article came out just lately, and he was talking about where he was when he was traded. The Bills had refused to up their offer. At that point, he said he was ready to play out his contract and go elsewhere.

But the point is that he didn't reach that point till he realized that the Bills weren't going to pay him. Until then, he was very open to playing here in Buffalo.

You're right. It doesn't get more clear than that.

Sorry, Lori and Tim. I just couldn't let it go. I'm weak.

And Tim, I agree with Buffalonian above. That was a nice piece.

I've heard a few people say that the paint incident might affect Buffalo's ability to get FAs. As it has played out, with it being two kids, I think that it will probably not hurt at all. Do you agree, and if nobody had claimed responsibility, do you think it could have hurt?

Thanks.

Tim,

What is the word on Nic Harris now that Poz is out? A lot of Bills fans have been really high on him based on the tackle numbers he put up in preseason and the fact that he was able to get all over the field. Thoughts on him on the outside with Ellison in the middle? Buggs does not impress me, it seems like a dramatic drop off from Poz (The Bills love keeping tremendous depth at DB, but 0 depth at linebacker...makes no sense.)

I've heard a few people say that the paint incident might affect Buffalo's ability to get FAs. As it has played out, with it being two kids, I think that it will probably not hurt at all. Do you agree, and if nobody had claimed responsibility, do you think it could have hurt?

Well just throw that reason on the pile of a million other reasons why Buffalo can't attract free agents.

PTR

Tim,

On behalf of many of the folks here on this board, could you put out an inquiry regarding what if anything was said to Leodis McKelvin by April/Jauron just before the fateful kickoff return?

It's a question which needs to be asked (and ideally answered) and as far as anyone knows, it hasn't even been asked yet.

One of your ESPN colleagues, Howard Bryant brings this up:

"Jauron should have ordered his returners to down the ball in the end zone. Or, in the event that Stephen Gostkowski's kickoff fell short of the goal line, to get past the 20-yard line and fall to the ground.

What appeared to happen is that at the biggest moment of the night, neither the coaching staff nor McKelvin had thought through a key decision."

It's a raging question not only for the curious, but for those whose job it is to evaluate the coaching here. I'm quite disappointed that none of the local beat writers seem to have asked the question.

Thanks Tim.

San Jose, I have no problem with LM returning the ball. Even if the coaches didn't tell him to run it or not I have no problem with that also. McKelvin has to be smart enough (on his own) that when the Pats were on him he needed to hit the deck. Struggling for a few additional yards in that situation was risky and foolish.

McKelvin made a bonehead play that was very costly. But there were other issues that don't augur very well for this team. My concern is that at the end of the game the line couldn't get any meaningful pressure on the qb. He was able to very comfortably scan the defense and then make his throws. Brady was chewing through our pass defense as if it was a dummy practice session.

McKelvin is a very dynamic kickoff returner. Without a doubt he will break a number of plays for us which will contribute to a win or two. He made a bad judgment on a critical play. It happens. Looking to scapegoat the coaches on this particular play is not warrented. At least in my opinion.

Tim,

What is up with ESPN blowing TO's comments out of proportion? I mean it is like watching Fox News or MSNBC. Not only were statements carefully crafted (probably w/ the help of his PR people), but he was accurate in what he said! TO is TO, he is never going to be anything different. But, it is almost like the network has been itching to push this story and just waiting for the opportunity to do so. Pretty bad if you ask me (no offense).

I completely agree. I have no problem with what T.O. said or how he said it. I saw Schlereth stirring the pot. He said that T.O. was needling his teammates and expects a complete eruption by week 6. Totally irresponsible journalism. First he misrepresents the facts and then he predicts T.O.'s future behavior. Shameful. :blink:

Tim,

What is up with ESPN blowing TO's comments out of proportion? I mean it is like watching Fox News or MSNBC. Not only were statements carefully crafted (probably w/ the help of his PR people), but he was accurate in what he said! TO is TO, he is never going to be anything different. But, it is almost like the network has been itching to push this story and just waiting for the opportunity to do so. Pretty bad if you ask me (no offense).

Tim != ESPN

Unless Tim got a really big promotion that I missed, then whatever happens with other ESPN employees is beyond his control. Please don't expect him to answer for other people's behavior.

I completely agree. I have no problem with what T.O. said or how he said it. I saw Schlereth stirring the pot. He said that T.O. was needling his teammates and expects a complete eruption by week 6. Totally irresponsible journalism. First he misrepresents the facts and then he predicts T.O.'s future behavior. Shameful. :blink:

Agree with SDS, and I'll add that while I also think Mark Schlereth is wrong, he's a television analyst -- NOT a journalist. Take his opinions for what you will.

Agree with SDS, and I'll add that while I also think Mark Schlereth is wrong, he's a television analyst -- NOT a journalist. Take his opinions for what you will.

Lori, Mark Schlereth is an old school team oriented person. He has very strong negative views regarding players who are selfish and non-conforming. I favor his disposition over a T.O's , Brandon Marshall and Ocho Stupido.

However, in this particular case his interpretation of what T.O said and meant is very off the mark. There shouldn't be much surprise that anyting that T.O says and does is going to be exaggerated and misunderstood. T.O. created his own pressure cooker scrutiny. And he seems to relish existing in that environment. :lol:

Tim,

I think the reaction is pretty funny. First he doesn't answer their questions (which they already assume they know the answers to), then he answers the way they thought and they're like 'HOLY CRAP I CAN'T BELIEVE HE SAID THAT!'

It's the same old TO. He'll produce on the field if he gets opportunities and when he doesn't, he makes sure everybody knows about it. He may not be very diplomatic about it, but at least he's honest.