Bills are #22 according to CNNSI

Peter King thinks everything apparently hinges on T.O. A safe prediction would be 7-9. :doh:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...10/may11/2.html

The Bills remind me of the Orioles in the American League East. No matter what they do to improve in the offseason, they can't get over the New England hump. Even when Miami and the Jets make overtures to pass the Patriots, the Bills stay stuck down in the pack. That's why they went out and risked their season on Terrell Owens. If they've hit a home run with T.O., it might be enough to eke out nine or 10 wins against a manageable schedule. But I doubt it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, chances are that 6 new teams (in each conference) will make the playoffs this year. So, evaluating our schedule is pretty pointless, since a lot of the teams we thought were strong will be doodoo (and vice verse).

Peter King thinks everything apparently hinges on T.O. A safe prediction would be 7-9. :doh:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...10/may11/2.html

The Bills remind me of the Orioles in the American League East. No matter what they do to improve in the offseason, they can't get over the New England hump. Even when Miami and the Jets make overtures to pass the Patriots, the Bills stay stuck down in the pack. That's why they went out and risked their season on Terrell Owens. If they've hit a home run with T.O., it might be enough to eke out nine or 10 wins against a manageable schedule. But I doubt it.

King is a doofus, but really, it's hard to argue with this. Over the past 10 years, all the haters in the media have been right about this franchise a lot more than they have been wrong.

Well, chances are that 6 new teams (in each conference) will make the playoffs this year. So, evaluating our schedule is pretty pointless, since a lot of the teams we thought were strong will be doodoo (and vice verse).

That's right. With near a third of clubs getting into the playoffs, anything goes.

Someone saying this or that team is playoff capable... that's easy chit. :doh:

I was always under the impression he lived in New Jersey. Either way...

Born in Springfiled, MA, wife's from Boston - sold the house in Montclair, and now lives in Boston.

But yeah, either way, no big surprise he's a typical NE* bandwaggoner.

Born in Springfiled, MA, wife's from Boston - sold the house in Montclair, and now lives in Boston.

But yeah, either way, no big surprise he's a typical NE* bandwaggoner.

Yep and look who he picks #1. I love reading King's BS opinions based on nothing but his gut (which is ample). In this single meaningless "list" article King is absolutely sure Brady's knee will be 100% and will return to his golden god form and is equally sure T.O. will implode and not offer an iota of help to the Bills, even though history suggests otherwise.

Also, I want to take a 3 wood to his cranium every time I hear him singing on Sirius NFL radio. Typical New England obnoxiousness.

Yep and look who he picks #1. I love reading King's BS opinions based on nothing but his gut (which is ample). In this single meaningless "list" article King is absolutely sure Brady's knee will be 100% and will return to his golden god form and is equally sure T.O. will implode and not offer an iota of help to the Bills, even though history suggests otherwise.

This is a pre-training camp ranking list. Of course it's only his opinion (based on a little more than gut), what else would it be?

And he doesn't say he is absolutely sure Brady's knee will be 100%

And he doesn't say T.O. will implode and not offer an iota of help to the Bills.

What exactly was your post based on?

So for those of you keeping score at home...

We like Don Banks and we hate Peter King.

That is all....

Generally I think Peter King is alright. He does ballwash the Pats, but outside of that he's generally even keel. I agree with everything he wrote about the Bills (which is basically just history) except for the "That's why they went out and risked their season on Terrell Owens." Owens may or may not end up doing anything for the Bills, but either way, I dont see it as risking a season on him. Worst case scenario is we get our butts handed to us week in and week out and he starts causing problems in the media and locker room. But at that point we're already getting our butts handed to us, so who cares?

This isn't a Super Bowl contending team that took a chance and signed Owens to a huge contract and are placing all their hopes on him to win the big one. The Bills needed to sell tickets, get their name in lights, and hopefully improve the passing game. Owens should (and has already) fill(ed) those needs.

This is a pre-training camp ranking list. Of course it's only his opinion (based on a little more than gut), what else would it be?

And he doesn't say he is absolutely sure Brady's knee will be 100%

And he doesn't say T.O. will implode and not offer an iota of help to the Bills.

What exactly was your post based on?

Probably on the fact that PK is a fat NE*/Brady*/Belicheat* ballwasher - at least that's what mine was based on. :doh: