The FA crop is deeper than I thought - many promising players still ou

I found this site, http://profootball.scout.com/2/860936.html, which lists the best available Free Agents per position: The list is not current to recent signings, but what is left is a large number of well known players. I always apply a certain math formula to my interpretations of players, and even game outcomes. Anyway, the list is a page deap for each side of the ball, there being so many to list, and it is only the particular writers notions of who is the best. Still, there were a lot of names, in positions of need for the Bills, still out there. Here is a little mathematics - layman style - If there were a 25% chance for this crop to be successful - i.e., one out of every four can come back and play good, then that means the Bills F.O. might have considered those available players and that group might have had an affect on our draft. Maybe F.O. thought that Levi Jones was going to be there soon, and maybe cheap. There's a deep list of LB's that I hadn't considered. Some of these guys have since been picked up, but there are many still out there. Let's see if the F.O. will go after a few more veterans. I think their salary cap has room. If it really is all or nothing this year, they might as well add as many competive veterans as possible; they bring experience, and we're still a pretty young team.

I found this site, http://profootball.scout.com/2/860936.html, which lists the best available Free Agents per position: The list is not current to recent signings, but what is left is a large number of well known players. I always apply a certain math formula to my interpretations of players, and even game outcomes. Anyway, the list is a page deap for each side of the ball, there being so many to list, and it is only the particular writers notions of who is the best. Still, there were a lot of names, in positions of need for the Bills, still out there. Here is a little mathematics - layman style - If there were a 25% chance for this crop to be successful - i.e., one out of every four can come back and play good, then that means the Bills F.O. might have considered those available players and that group might have had an affect on our draft. Maybe F.O. thought that Levi Jones was going to be there soon, and maybe cheap. There's a deep list of LB's that I hadn't considered. Some of these guys have since been picked up, but there are many still out there. Let's see if the F.O. will go after a few more veterans. I think their salary cap has room. If it really is all or nothing this year, they might as well add as many competive veterans as possible; they bring experience, and we're still a pretty young team.

Quarterback

J.P. Losman/UFA

John Beck/UFA

Gus Frerotte/UFA

Rex Grossman/UFA

Trent Green/UFA

Quinn Gray/UFA

Brad Johnson/UFA

Charlie Frye/UFA

Charlie Batch/UFA

Brooks Bollinger/UFA

Jamie Martin/UFA

If those players were judged by one team to be signed, they would have been by now.

Names are just that, names. Buffalo hosted a number of name players who are currently unsigned, including Kendall Simmons and Jamie Winborn. Both played positions that Buffalo needed help at, yet both are unemployed.

Free agency began 2 months ago. The likelihood of a May UFA signing making an impact is few and far between.

If those players were judged by one team to be signed, they would have been by now.

Names are just that, names. Buffalo hosted a number of name players who are currently unsigned, including Kendall Simmons and Jamie Winborn. Both played positions that Buffalo needed help at, yet both are unemployed.

Free agency began 2 months ago. The likelihood of a May UFA signing making an impact is few and far between.

I'm still wondering why they haven't signed Winborn, especially not having gotten a LB in the draft (I'm aware of Nic Harris). Winborn LEAD THEIR TEAM IN TACKLES last year, and can still be productive. Keep in mind DJ Williams, who is a very fine LB, is also on that squad.

Also, I always thought before free agency that the Bills would look at DT Dewayne Robertson. I remember he is a penetrating tackle that the Jets tried to make a 3-4 nose-run-stuffer. Not sure how he did in Denver after that, but I thought he could still play and would flourish in a scheme like ours. Guess not.

Quarterback

J.P. Losman/UFA

John Beck/UFA

Gus Frerotte/UFA

Rex Grossman/UFA

Trent Green/UFA

Quinn Gray/UFA

Brad Johnson/UFA

Charlie Frye/UFA

Charlie Batch/UFA

Brooks Bollinger/UFA

Jamie Martin/UFA

Beck was picked up (waiver wire?) by Ravens.

La'Roi Glover would help shore up the DT position, I think he still has 10-15 snaps a game left in him. With the LBs that are out there I cant believe we havent gone after Keiaho more. Clearly no one else is going to sign him, so he cant demand that much money, and unless you are ok with a Harris/Ellison competition it is a no brainer.

La'Roi Glover would help shore up the DT position, I think he still has 10-15 snaps a game left in him. With the LBs that are out there I cant believe we havent gone after Keiaho more. Clearly no one else is going to sign him, so he cant demand that much money, and unless you are ok with a Harris/Ellison competition it is a no brainer.

Didn't he resign with the Colts last week?

I'm still wondering why they haven't signed Winborn, especially not having gotten a LB in the draft (I'm aware of Nic Harris). Winborn LEAD THEIR TEAM IN TACKLES last year, and can still be productive. Keep in mind DJ Williams, who is a very fine LB, is also on that squad.

Also, I always thought before free agency that the Bills would look at DT Dewayne Robertson. I remember he is a penetrating tackle that the Jets tried to make a 3-4 nose-run-stuffer. Not sure how he did in Denver after that, but I thought he could still play and would flourish in a scheme like ours. Guess not.

That's the only player on the list that I would even consider. Most of those players haven't been signed because they want to sign with a team that they feel will not cut them in training camp. We are not that team since we have good depth across the roster, but few impact players. Winborn is a player I'd look at, but they signed Pat Thomas instead. Why would you even bother signing vets to be camp fodder and then cut. Like it or not, the reality of the situation is that Nic Harris, Bowen, and Ellison are the competition at SLB. One, two, or all three of them will be seeing game-day time at that position.

The one guy not picked up by anyone that I would like to see a bill is Derrek Brooks......I dont know that he would be great for us but he knows the system and would bring veteran leadership to this team.

I dunno ... I still have nightmares about Eddie Robinson being faked out of his shoes by Chad Pennington a few years ago. Signing and having to rely on "past their prime" players is rarely a good thing in this league. As good as Derrek was all those years, I think there is a reason he is still out there. Either he wants too much $$, or there aren't any teams who think he is better at this point in his career than some younger player they already have on their roster.

I like some of the linebackers out there but I think that the bills have to go out and get one but they won't. And Jason Taylor is still out there why not cut Kelsay and pick him up it is an upgrade and I don't think it would cost you too much maybe like 4.5 million with 2 million in incentives and if you cut kelsay you have a wash in terms of money as well.

Yeah there are players out there but you have to wounder if they were any good wouldn't anyone have given them a good offer. So a guy like Derrick Brooks looks appealing but why isn't he getting more interest you think if he even had a chance of having anything left a team would pounce with a 1 to 2 million dollar offer with incentives.