Who Is The Best QB Of All Since 1979- Inspired By The Brett Favre Thr

The Best QB Since 1979  

95 members have voted

1. 1. IMO, the best QB since 1979 is....

• Joe Montana
    • John Elway
    • Brett Favre
    • Peyton Manning
    • Tom Brady
    • Troy Aikman
    • Dan Marino
    • Steve Young
    • Other - Not Jim Kelly -Please Explain Choice.
  2. 2. Gibran Hamdan Should Be On The List And...

• It's a crime he isn't!
    • You must be stupid for not puttting him on the list
    • C'mon it's obvious why he shoulda been on the list. 'Nuff said

To avoid arguing about guys from a way different time this only includes QB's since 1980. Montana is included because he was drafted in 1979, close enough to be on the list.

Jim Kelly is deliberately left off the list to avoid the homer vote.

Guys who are still playing can be used based on your projected final stats.

Please explain your vote.

Thank you.

You may now proceed

I picked Montana because he was the coolest QB under pressure. He was just so relaxed on the field. Probably the most confident QB without being cocky. JMO

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to pick John Elway because I live in Colorado.

If you live here, you must reject all others and accept John Elway as the one true Quarterback. Others may come after him, but there can be only one. It is John Elway or nothing. All is possible with the great buck-toothed one. Upon his passing the Broncos will exhume his body and drag it behind the team horse prior to the start of each home.

Elway is great... Elway is great.

Also, give yourself a PUNCH for not including Hamden!

If you live here, you must reject all others and accept John Elway as the one true Quarterback. Others may come after him, but there can be only one. It is John Elway or nothing. All is possible with the great buck-toothed one. Upon his passing the Broncos will exhume his body and drag it behind the team horse prior to the start of each home.

Elway is great... Elway is great.

Also, give yourself a PUNCH for not including Hamden!

PUNCH!! OWWwwwee! That cat packs a whollop!! :wallbash:

In reference to your post I take it you don't deal very well with peer pressure.

(In my best your mom) If all the kids jumped off a bridge would you!! :wallbash:

So much for ruling out the "homer" Jim Kelly pick.....

Yeah, pick the QB you live closest to. Great Logic.

I pick Alex Van Pelt based on your geography theory.

I voted for Joe Montana....man doesn't know what pressure is & is the ultimate winner!

From a pure talent standpoint, no one is better than Marino. However, as I always say, playing QB is not all about talent. In my eyes, the best QB in history is Montana, without question. He had questionable arm strength, decent but not superb accuracy and was not very mobile. However, he brought the intangibles to the table and is just a flat out leader and winner. Hands down the best.

From a pure talent standpoint, no one is better than Marino. However, as I always say, playing QB is not all about talent. In my eyes, the best QB in history is Montana, without question. He had questionable arm strength, decent but not superb accuracy and was not very mobile. However, he brought the intangibles to the table and is just a flat out leader and winner. Hands down the best.

Marino had trouble handing off. Seriously. It was a minor, but tangible reason why running backs didnt do well when he was a QB. Marino was a fabulous thrower, probably the best ever. I don't think he was as great a quarterback as a lot of these guys. I think Kelly was just as good a QB as Marino.

It is Elway for me. No peer pressure involved. To me, the guy was awesome, and fun to watch, and he has a few rings to back it up. Non-Bills games, I think Elway has provided me with more memorable football moments than any other in the last 30 years. I like Favre a lot, but he lost as many for his tem as he won for them, with his arm. I respect all the guys on the list, but Elway had a flair for the dramatics, won a lot of games, and carried three sqauds to the Super Bowl.

Guys like Montana, Aikman were great, but, to me, they weren't super fun to watch. I always thought the 49'ers were a dull team to watch, great, but dull nontheless.

My second pick would be the incredibly underappreciated, and overshadowed Steve Young.

IMO, Steve Young is the best QB I have ever seen. He was as good a passer (short and long), clutch player, leader, intelligent, accurate, durable, and all of the other serious qualities you need in a great QB, but he was a better runner and scrambler than them all, which made him the best in my book.

Peyton Manning is my choice any Qb who can make all the audible read defenses and put up as manny yards passing and TDs as he has with is consitent win ratio deserve to be at the top of the list in my opinion.

Lets now play rank your choices: I do not base this Ranking on the ability to Win superbowls since its a TEAM SPORT but on their ability to be the contributor to their team and their team would not do well without them.

1. Peyton Manning- Best QB in the Game

2. Dan Marino- Was the best QB in the Game Manning is going to break all his records

3. Other- Warren Moon- The most underated QB in the leaugue with a great arm

4. Steve Young- Played with a chip on his shoulder and not afraid of anything too many concusions or he would have been higher on my list

5. Bret Farve- The guy played for the horrible greenbay packers and brought them from the Lions type of spotlight to the spotlight

6. Joe Montana- A systems QB who made smart decsions but was afraid of the game so he got rid of the ball quickly

7. Tom Brady- A system QB who also makes smart play but is not afraid of the pressure in his face when he has it few more years of his consitent play moves him up the list.

8. John Elway- Personally never liked him but his team was always in the super bowl losing until TD got there and helped him win two straight and made me dislike hiom even more because Jimbo had to interview him and aske him how he felt after losing 4 to finally win one trully pissed me off

9. Troy Aikman- The TEAM was great-HE SUCKED and i wouldnt even have him on the list personally!!!

Peyton Manning is my choice any Qb who can make all the audible read defenses and put up as manny yards passing and TDs as he has with is consitent win ratio deserve to be at the top of the list in my opinion.

Lets now play rank your choices: I do not base this Ranking on the ability to Win superbowls since its a TEAM SPORT but on their ability to be the contributor to their team and their team would not do well without them.

2. Dan Marino- Was the best QB in the Game Manning is going to break all his records

4. Steve Young- Played with a chip on his shoulder and not afraid of anything too many concusions or he would have been higher on my list

5. Bret Farve- The guy played for the horrible greenbay packers and brought them from the Lions type of spotlight to the spotlight

6. Joe Montana- A systems QB who made smart decsions but was afraid of the game so he got rid of the ball quickly

7. Tom Brady- A system QB who also makes smart play but is not afraid of the pressure in his face when he has it few more years of his consitent play moves him up the list.

8. John Elway- Personally never liked him but his team was always in the super bowl losing until TD got there and helped him win two straight and made me dislike hiom even more because Jimbo had to interview him and aske him how he felt after losing 4 to finally win one trully pissed me off

9. Troy Aikman- The TEAM was great-HE SUCKED and i wouldnt even have him on the list personally!!!

To say that Brady is a system QB in not factual. He took the same team that good ol' Drew led to 5-11 in 00 and 0-2 in 01 and immediately turned them into a winning team. The guy does nothing but win. The system was built around him, not the other way around. (i.e. the same with Montana and Kelly). Reich and Young were system QB's...

My vote? This guy.

Yes, I know there've been wonderful quarterbacks since Unitas hung up his hightops. I admit I'm prejudiced. But the best quarterback ever? The best player? Let me put it this way: If there were one game scheduled, Earth versus the Klingons, with the fate of the universe on the line, any person with his wits about him would have Johnny U calling the signals in the huddle, up under the center, back in the pocket.

And if you don't want pre-1980 players included, don't you DARE call this the "best quarterback of all," because it's not.

Oh... by the way - Peyton Manning is also a system QB. The system is called the K-gun. If you ever look at the Colts of this decade and compare their offense position by position to the early 90's Bills, the resemblence is unbelievable.

To say that Brady is a system QB in not factual. He took the same team that good ol' Drew led to 5-11 in 00 and 0-2 in 01 and immediately turned them into a winning team. The guy does nothing but win. The system was built around him, not the other way around. (i.e. the same with Montana and Kelly). Reich and Young were system QB's...

Not Factual- Drew is not a system QB as you can see in buffalo and Dallas but the proof is in the pudding- Brady went down and the team didn lose a beat with the QB who did not throw a pss since high school- That is a system QB sorry but thats a fact. The sytem was not built around him it was the system that Belicheat had installed but drew could not run becuase Drew was hard headed Brady/ Cassel and Montana are the Listening QBS they do what their coaches ask them to so purely system. Unlike Montana who did well in KC Brady would not do well on another team. Thats why Montana is listed higher than him on my list.

To avoid arguing about guys from a way different time this only includes QB's since 1980. Montana is included because he was drafted in 1979, close enough to be on the list.

Guys who are still playing can be used based on your projected final stats.

Please explain your vote.

Thank you.

You may now proceed

I picked Montana because he was the coolest QB under pressure. He was just so relaxed on the field. Probably the most confident QB without being cocky. JMO

And give him another PUNCH for only including guys that have played in the last 15 years. :wallbash:

2009 - 15 = 1979 ? :wallbash:

I have no clue how people can pick him over Montana. Montana kept him on the bench. Those who say Montana was a system QB well so was Young. :wallbash:

By the way, where is Warren Moon on this list?

That was a tough one. I couldn't decide whether or not to put him on the list, but I finally decided he was just a shade below the best QB list. JMO

IMO, Steve Young is the best QB I have ever seen. He was as good a passer (short and long), clutch player, leader, intelligent, accurate, durable, and all of the other serious qualities you need in a great QB, but he was a better runner and scrambler than them all, which made him the best in my book.

He's up there but Montana kept him on the bench.

I just can't see how Montana makes 6th on your list. :wallbash:

2009 - 15 = 1979 ? :wallbash:

I have no clue how people can pick him over Montana. Montana kept him on the bench. Those who say Montana was a system QB well so was Young. :wallbash:

That was a tough one. I couldn't decide whether or not to put him on the list, but I finally decided he was just a shade below the best QB list. JMO

He's up there but Montana kept him on the bench.

I just can't see how Montana makes 6th on your list. :wallbash:

I Didnt like him Just I dont like Brady or Elway or Aikman all over rated QBS in my opinion and its my list of Qbs and noone is going to agree with my placement as I am most likely not going to agree with theirs.