Who Is The Best QB Of All Since 1979- Inspired By The Brett Favre Thr

The Best QB Since 1979  

95 members have voted

1. 1. IMO, the best QB since 1979 is....

• Joe Montana
    • John Elway
    • Brett Favre
    • Peyton Manning
    • Tom Brady
    • Troy Aikman
    • Dan Marino
    • Steve Young
    • Other - Not Jim Kelly -Please Explain Choice.
  2. 2. Gibran Hamdan Should Be On The List And...

• It's a crime he isn't!
    • You must be stupid for not puttting him on the list
    • C'mon it's obvious why he shoulda been on the list. 'Nuff said

My vote? This guy.

And if you don't want pre-1980 players included, don't you DARE call this the "best quarterback of all," because it's not.

I did that to avoid arguments about guys that played in different eras. I figured 1979 was close enough to 2009 because it still left Montana in the mix. Dat's how I decided dat.

Johnny U. is for another thread.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Steamroll67, I've tried to reply to your post three of four times, but the way you posted your thoughts prevents anyone from actually quoting or directly replying to what you wrote.

Use the BB Code Help button to help make your posts more user-friendly for everyone, kay?

Back to the topic of me chosing John Elway:

Psssst... it wasn't a homer pick, it was a joke. :wallbash:

Since you've been on the board for about 1 week, you probably wouldn't get it though I'm mocking the myopic broncos fans I'm forced to live around now. Most who post here semi-regularly know how much I loath the front-running Denverites.

Get to know some of us, before you start flinging the crap... :wallbash:

And if you don't want pre-1980 players included, don't you DARE call this the "best quarterback of all," because it's not.

It's like you are reading my mind.

This thread should be called "Let's Skew the Poll to Make Sure Montana Wins."

It's like you are reading my mind.

This thread should be called "Let's Skew the Poll to Make Sure Montana Wins."

The problem is that even if you went back for the history of football, the only person to consider other than Montana is Otto Graham. But my vote would still be with Montana and I am not a fan of his.

Peyton Manning is my choice any Qb who can make all the audible read defenses and put up as manny yards passing and TDs as he has with is consitent win ratio deserve to be at the top of the list in my opinion.

Lets now play rank your choices: I do not base this Ranking on the ability to Win superbowls since its a TEAM SPORT but on their ability to be the contributor to their team and their team would not do well without them.

1. Peyton Manning- Best QB in the Game

2. Dan Marino- Was the best QB in the Game Manning is going to break all his records

3. Other- Warren Moon- The most underated QB in the leaugue with a great arm

4. Steve Young- Played with a chip on his shoulder and not afraid of anything too many concusions or he would have been higher on my list

5. Bret Farve- The guy played for the horrible greenbay packers and brought them from the Lions type of spotlight to the spotlight

6. Joe Montana- A systems QB who made smart decsions but was afraid of the game so he got rid of the ball quickly

7. Tom Brady- A system QB who also makes smart play but is not afraid of the pressure in his face when he has it few more years of his consitent play moves him up the list.

8. John Elway- Personally never liked him but his team was always in the super bowl losing until TD got there and helped him win two straight and made me dislike hiom even more because Jimbo had to interview him and aske him how he felt after losing 4 to finally win one trully pissed me off

9. Troy Aikman- The TEAM was great-HE SUCKED and i wouldnt even have him on the list personally!!!

How on earth can you say that Montana and Brady are system QBs while giving as much credit as you do to Warren Moon. Moon played in the Run and Shoot if ever there was a system QB it was Moon. Basically I would have to say Montana and Elway are pretty even in the best ever debate. Young spent alot of his career backing up Montana in San Fran prior to that he did nothing for the Bucs, and if you say Montana is a system QB then you have to say that about Young because he played in the same system. I agree with you about Aikman. I guess when it comes down to it you got to count the rings which gives Montana and Brady(as much as I hate to say it) a slight edge over Elway and Young.

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton Manning

4. Steve Young

5. Dan Marino

Anyone who puts Manning ahead of Brady is a bonehead. Two numbers: 3 and 1. And Brady's 3 were with half the talent. Not to mention Brady's 3 are WAY more impressive than Montana's 4. Listen, I hate Tom Brady more than anyone on here- google image "Tom Brady Stetson" if you need a reminder. But he is the greatest QB ever to lace up a pair of cleats.

The problem is that even if you went back for the history of football, the only person to consider other than Montana is Otto Graham. But my vote would still be with Montana and I am not a fan of his.

Graham and Unitas were better than Montana.

1. Graham

2. Unitas (Sorry Rich)

3. Baugh/Montana

4. Montana/Baugh

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton Manning

4. Steve Young

5. Dan Marino

Anyone who puts Manning ahead of Brady is a bonehead. Two numbers: 3 and 1. And Brady's 3 were with half the talent. Not to mention Brady's 3 are WAY more impressive than Montana's 4. Listen, I hate Tom Brady more than anyone on here- google image "Tom Brady Stetson" if you need a reminder. But he is the greatest QB ever to lace up a pair of cleats.

Going to have to disagree with you there. He did not win those superbowls, he merely managed the games enough to win. New England was a running football team back then with a solid defense. Tom Brady has yet to win a superbowl in their new pass happy offense.

Montana hands down!

Most accurate passer I've ever seen, and just as Steely said, cool as can be under pressure.

Completion % detrmines accuracy of the list here his its order

1. Peyton Manning 64.4 % Behind the leader in TD passes

2. Steve Young 64.3%

3. Joe Montanna 63.0 %

4. Tom Brady 63.0%

5. Brett Favre 61.6 % Leader in overall passing yards/TD passes

6. Troy Aikman 61.5 %

7. Dan Marino 59.4%- Right behingd the leader in YDS/TD passes

8. Warren Moon 58.4 % Leader in INT thrown

9. John Elway 56.9% Right behind the leader in INTs thrown

So based on the % Peyton is the most accurate passer Followed by Steve Young.

I say John Elway and I don't really think it is that close. He played with some of the crappiest offensive "firepower" before his last 2 seasons and took Denver to 3 Super Bowls. No other QB would have if they switched positions with Elway. He did it all for that team and was just clutch.

I always could never vote for the 49ers QBs because they got to play with the greatest receiver ever. A lot of Qbs would have succeed throwing to Jerry Rice.

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton Manning

4. Steve Young

5. Dan Marino

I disagree CHAMPIONSHIPS DO NOT DEFINE THE QB!!!!!!! The patriots have been SOLID in all three aspects of the team DEFENSE/OFFENSE and Special Teams You need all three to win and if you would like to be technical it was the FOOT of Adam Vinatarie (sp) that won the superbowls. THey havent won one with out Adam he could not pull of the same miracle he pulled off in the previous three.

Peyton is the BEST QB and will go down as the BEST QB when his career is over holding every record in passing, completions and TDS.

Going to have to disagree with you there. He did not win those superbowls, he merely managed the games enough to win. New England was a running football team back then with a solid defense. Tom Brady has yet to win a superbowl in their new pass happy offense.

Brady is head and shoulders about Manning. Look at the players Manning has had: now 3 1st round running backs, 3 1st round receivers, and 1 1st TE. Brady played with scrubs at first (Givens, Pattern, etc.) When he finally had the weapons like Manning, he broke the td record.

Cheater or not, Brady is amazing and a top 5 QB ever (too bad he is done now :wallbash: ).

I disagree CHAMPIONSHIPS DO NOT DEFINE THE QB!!!!!!! The patriots have been SOLID in all three aspects of the team DEFENSE/OFFENSE and Special Teams You need all three to win and if you would like to be technical it was the FOOT of Adam Vinatarie (sp) that won the superbowls. THey havent won one with out Adam he could not pull of the same miracle he pulled off in the previous three.

Peyton is the BEST QB and will go down as the BEST QB when his career is over holding every record in passing, completions and TDS.

I agree about using Championships to determine QB ratings is stupid, but Manning has been terrible in the playoffs. And he was terrible in big games in college. In fact during the Super Bowl, his defense carried their team.

Peyton Manning maybe one of the best regular season QBs but he's not close to the best ever.

Graham and Unitas were better than Montana.

1. Graham

2. Unitas (Sorry Rich)

3. Baugh/Montana

4. Montana/Baugh

Hey KRC, I appreciate the history lesson, but the designer of this post clearly intended for this to be a 1970's/80's to present coversation. How can anyone pretend to know who's better from era to era? Are you saying you're confindent that if Peyton Manning played in the 30's or 40's he wouldn't be as good as the greats from that era? Where's Y.A. Tittle on your list? Who's a better all-time goalie, Terry Sawchuck or Martin Brodeur? Baseball is the only sport where you can have an intelligent conversation comparing players from different eras. Out.

Hey KRC, I appreciate the history lesson, but the designer of this post clearly intended for this to be a 1970's/80's to present coversation.

Which is why both Lori and I stated that you cannot call this "Best of All" if you are limiting it to a small part of history. Hell, he made an exception, just to make sure Montana could be listed.

How can anyone pretend to know who's better from era to era? Are you saying you're confindent that if Peyton Manning played in the 30's or 40's he wouldn't be as good as the greats from that era? Where's Y.A. Title on your list? Who's a better all-time goalie, Terry Sawchuck or Martin Brodeur? Baseball is the only sport where you can have an intelligent conversation comparing players from different eras. Out.

If Manning played in the other eras, he would be as good as he is now: Good but not the best. I base my opinions on watching game films and talking to the players who played with/against the quarterback.

Tittle would be top ten. Right now, I am undecided on who is number 5 on my list.

Hey KRC, I appreciate the history lesson, but the designer of this post clearly intended for this to be a 1970's/80's to present coversation. How can anyone pretend to know who's better from era to era? Are you saying you're confindent that if Peyton Manning played in the 30's or 40's he wouldn't be as good as the greats from that era? Where's Y.A. Tittle on your list? Who's a better all-time goalie, Terry Sawchuck or Martin Brodeur? Baseball is the only sport where you can have an intelligent conversation comparing players from different eras. Out.

Dominick Hasek