Trent Edwards

If Trent falls flat on his face and is horrible, what do we do? Do we spend a fortune on drafting a qb in next year's draft? Is Fitzpatrick a decent replacement? Do we go after Brady Quinn, if he is not a starter in Cleveland? We seem to have most of the pieces in place to be good, the o-line and Trent will decide everything.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Quinn can't make it in Cleveland, we don't want him in Buffalo.

If Edwards regresses in this, his 3rd season, then I'd expect the Bills to look for a QB in next year's draft.

GO BILLS!!!

If Trent truly stumbles and stinks up the joint, the only option is the 2010 draft.

Fitzpatrick is a career backup with the Rams/Bengals and now the Bills.

These 2 guys will be the Stafford/Sanchez of the 2010 draft:

Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

College football's most accurate passer could emerge as the top overall pick in 2010.

Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

A year from now McCoy emerges as a top-10 pick.

Per Todd McShay at ESPN......

Who plays qb while we are grooming a first round pick to be our savior? I really want Trent to be successful, but after he got his bell rung against the Cards, I have concerns about his durability.

The only household qbs of national merit are:

-Sam Bradford

-Jevon Snead

-Colt McCoy

-Tim Tebow

The Snead kid is good from Ole Miss. Tim Tebow intrigues me because he can walk on water in Florida.

If Trent truly stumbles and stinks up the joint, the only option is the 2010 draft.

Fitzpatrick is a career backup with the Rams/Bengals and now the Bills.

These 2 guys will be the Stafford/Sanchez of the 2010 draft:

Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

College football's most accurate passer could emerge as the top overall pick in 2010.

Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

A year from now McCoy emerges as a top-10 pick.

Per Todd McShay at ESPN......

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't want either of those Mary's.

-Sam Bradford

-Jevon Snead

-Colt McCoy

-Tim Tebow

The Snead kid is good from Ole Miss. Tim Tebow intrigues me because he can walk on water in Florida.

For a guy whose avatar says "never give up," your creation of things to worry about seems a bit out of place, don't you think?

-Sam Bradford

-Jevon Snead

-Colt McCoy

-Tim Tebow

I wouldn't want Bradford, McCoy or Tebow as their games won't transition well into the NFL. I don't know enough about Snead to comment. Besides this is all an exercise of futility as Trent will succeed this year.

Do us a favor and don't make the title of your thread just "Trent Edwards". Then I have to click on the thread and find out it's another chicken-little-what-if-the sky-falls-post. There's plenty of room to say "Trent Edwards...what if he sucks in 2009?" Then I can decide weather I want to read it. Rookies.

PTR

Are there any big free agents available next year. Who knows maybe there will be a Jay Cutler like situation next year. but drafting a QB is a huge commitment and even if Trent falls on his face this year who knows what pick we will finish with. A possibility is we still finish 6-10 or 7-9 and finish with a pick in the 9-12 range of the draft so a top QB might not be availble at that spot.

So its pretty hard to say what we can do because we do not know the circumstances of the next off season. But if I had to put money on it I say we try to go the trade route. If a guy like Cassle ( a back up who plays extremely well ) or Cutler ( a guy who is on the outs with a new coaching staff ) is available than we use a second rounder to pull the trigger on that kind of guy.

But lets hope Trent stays healthy and preforms well. Its up to him and the O-line this year.

Even if Trent has an above average season, I would not have a single problem with the Bills taking Colt McCoy if he falls to wherever we are in the draft. Of course, this is a year away and a million different things can happen but I think Colt would've been the best QB in the 2009 class if he had declared himself eligible.

If Trent falls flat on his face and is horrible, what do we do? Do we spend a fortune on drafting a qb in next year's draft? Is Fitzpatrick a decent replacement? Do we go after Brady Quinn, if he is not a starter in Cleveland? We seem to have most of the pieces in place to be good, the o-line and Trent will decide everything.

If Trent Falters, then the Bills will most likely be mediocre and finish another 6-10 or 7-9 and WILL not have a chance to draft one of those top QBs in the top 5 of the draft.

If Trent Falters, the Bills will go through the FA route and pick a 2nd level QB which I am sure there will be plenty of come the next off season.

Grab Tebow in next year's draft. In fact, draft him whether TE flops or not. Whichever NFL team lands TT will reap the benefits for years.

Marketh my words.

Trent can be a good quarterback. There are all types of good quarterbacks, and ours just happens to be the kind that needs a little time to throw, and who needs a little more success. It was evident last year he got mentally challenged by being afraid of being hit. He was being pressured a lot and there weren't a lot of open recievers open before he was being chased. And then he got spooked, and for a while he couldn't throw more than a screen pass. I think if he conquers the mental part of it and we give him a little bit of protection, he'll be a damn good QB. He'll never be tough, though, in the sense that he can take a lot of hits. He is just too small framed, physically. We've got to keep him upright. And, I think that can be said of a lot of QB's. Payton Manning could've done more with us last year than Trent did, but he wouldn't have responded mentally like Trent did during that five game stretch in the middle of the season. Hopefully, he's over that susceptibility to fear.

We seem to have most of the pieces in place to be good, the o-line and Trent will decide everything.

Yeah, but.....that's what we (well I, anyway) thought last year......and we all know how THAT turned out. Sigh.