Nic Harris

You're right. 40 times are the ultimate factor. Nic Harris sucks. Cut em

It's not the 40 time alone. Look at ALL of his #'s. Slower, weaker, less agile, less explosive. Like I said, look at ALL of the #'s and then compare them to the rest of the S's, then the LB's. :wallbash:

It's not the 40 time alone. Look at ALL of his #'s. Slower, weaker, less agile, less explosive. Like I said, look at ALL of the #'s and then compare them to the rest of the S's, then the LB's. :wallbash:

"Shuttle run: The short shuttle is the first of the cone drills. It is known as the 5-10-5. What it tests is the athlete's lateral quickness and explosion in short areas. The athlete starts in the three-point stance, explodse out 5 yards to his right, touches the line, goes back 10 yards to his left, left hand touches the line, pivot, and he turns 5 more yards and finishes."

Nic Harris - 4.38s

Aaron Curry - 4.51s

"Shuttle run: The short shuttle is the first of the cone drills. It is known as the 5-10-5. What it tests is the athlete's lateral quickness and explosion in short areas. The athlete starts in the three-point stance, explodse out 5 yards to his right, touches the line, goes back 10 yards to his left, left hand touches the line, pivot, and he turns 5 more yards and finishes."

Nic Harris - 4.38s

Aaron Curry - 4.51s

Curry = 3rd to last of LB crop in that drill

Nic Harris = 3rd to last of the S crop in that drill

And Curry blows Harris away in pretty much everything else. :wallbash:

His measurables aren't all that great, but it's also not like he was our top draft pick. We took him in the 5th....expectations aren't exactly sky high. He was very productive on the field from what I've read, so I'd put a lot more stock in that than I would what he did at the combine.

Worst vertical, worst broad jump, both measure explosion. Antione Caldwell/OC/Alabama had a better broad jump than Harris and he's 300lbs+. C'mon now :wallbash:

He is not fast or strong, but he is quick and knows how to play football, great instincts.

But dont talk to me about combine numbers, there are people here saying Demetrius Bell is our LT of the future and he couldnt even get up 10 reps and he wasnt that athletic in drills either.

His measurables aren't all that great, but it's also not like he was our top draft pick. We took him in the 5th....expectations aren't exactly sky high. He was very productive on the field from what I've read, so I'd put a lot more stock in that than I would what he did at the combine.

C'mon man. Can't you see his numbers? He sucks...

THIRD WORST SAFETY AT THE COMBINE!!!!!HE MUST SUCK!!!!!!CUT HIM TILL HE CAN OUT-BROADJUMP A CENTER

40 times are the most overrated stat in football. For WR's, CB's and RB's it's fairly important. It's marginally important for TE's . It's meaningless for every other position IMO.

With conditioning, his strength and bulk should improve and even possibly his 40 time. If the guy hits like a Mack Truck I don't give a flying :wallbash: how fast he is. I don't know how hard he hits I'm just using that as an analogy.

The combine has basically dumbed scouts down because they are more willing to trust guys running around and doing drills that will never be done on a field instead of what they see the players do on the field. The combine is pretty close to worthless, IMHO in determining if a guy can play football or not....

The combine has basically dumbed scouts down because they are more willing to trust guys running around and doing drills that will never be done on a field instead of what they see the players do on the field. The combine is pretty close to worthless, IMHO in determining if a guy can play football or not....

I've heard a few GM's say that the only really valuable thing to come out of the combine is the time with the prospects in the interviews.

Curry = 3rd to last of LB crop in that drill

Nic Harris = 3rd to last of the S crop in that drill

And Curry blows Harris away in pretty much everything else. :wallbash:

These madden Gamers have no clue!!

These measure ables only help rise or drop stock.

It is know where near the end all be all.

When you watched this Nic Harris kid last year he was a player man.

People pass over these type of people because of things like this.

Boldin

T. Davis

T. Brady

Just to name a few

They have something thats harder to measure, the passion for the game, other abilities, leadership, work ethic etc.

This is way more important then all the other combine intangibles.

These qualities lead to greatness.

I'm not saying Nic Harris has all these attributes, but I saw some of that this year, and when you see a productive player like that in round 5 You take a chance.

The game is Football, lets see how he plays football......

seriously I am sick of all these people acting like they have some kind of insight into how these draft picks will turn out, sit down and be quiet until next year on these guys.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

Look for Nic Harris' rankings amongst the S crop and then compare his #'s to the natural LB's. The man? :wallbash:

You have clearly never played football and dont know much about it outside stuff you read in the paper based on how much stock you put into combine numbers...

Lets play a game...name this player...

Worst ever at his position at the combine in vertical jump, 40, lifting, agility drills etc...

Give up...Tom Brady...

Same guy now known as one of the most (if not the most) mobile QB in the NFL...not based on srambling, but based on manuevering in the pocket, in fact, Jaws did a whole piece on him about that very thing...

I wipe my under regions with the combine numbers...I will take a player who has instincts and knows how to play the game any day over a work out wonder.

Worst vertical, worst broad jump, both measure explosion. Antione Caldwell/OC/Alabama had a better broad jump than Harris and he's 300lbs+. C'mon now :wallbash:

Can he play football? I know what you are saying but let's see him play first.

You have clearly never played football and dont know much about it outside stuff you read in the paper based on how much stock you put into combine numbers...

Worst ever at his position at the combine in vertical jump, 40, lifting, agility drills etc...

Give up...Tom Brady...

Same guy now known as one of the most (if not the most) mobile QB in the NFL...not based on srambling, but based on manuevering in the pocket, in fact, Jaws did a whole piece on him about that very thing...

I wipe my under regions with the combine numbers...I will take a player who has instincts and knows how to play the game any day over a work out wonder.

Does that mean that Mike Mamula won't be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewp...mp;pr_key=27755

I'm not sure if that posted a link, I'm too dumb to be in here anyway. But that is the Rivals.com report of Nic Harris when he committed to Oklahoma. 5th ranked DB in the country. 4.5 in the 40. 4 star recruit.

He's a pretty good athlete, and he is a ball hawk, and I think he'll be one of those guys that just gets after the ball. We shall see. He comes from a winning program.

Give up...Tom Brady...

Played football for years friend. Seriously though, are you comparing a QB's combine performance to a S/OLB prospect? The QB position requires more mental aptitude and less athletic ability realistically. That doesn't mean that there aren't athletically gifted QB's, just that it's not the greatest requirement for the position. A QB is only required to take 3 and 5 step drops while being aware of what's going on around him. He may need to side step or scramble a little, but it's not as demanding as a S/OLB. A S/OLB has to fly around on the field, take on blockers, and tackle the ball carrier. A little bit more athletic ability than a QB required :P I'm not saying the guy should be cut, I'm just not understanding all of the "man love" flying around for the guy. I don't expect him to even be able to beat out Ellison.

You are a dumbed down version of dumbest poster here.

And you are the most well presented poster who exudes intelligence :wallbash: