• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be thrilled with 9-7 but the fact of the matter is that Dick Jauron is still the coach and the probability of this team looking lackluster at best is almost a sure thing. 4 and 12 is probably the best this coach is going to muster with his hohum boring conservative playcalling on both sides of the ball.

IF DJ lets the players play and TS gameplans with a little more life, they have a chance to be a playoff team but I just don't see it with this coach. His track record is proven and the fact of the schedule being one of the toughest in years doesn't bode well.

Damn, with this schedule, it'll largely depend on how we make out with the close games. We lately have six to ten games that are won or lost by a touchdown or so. Our record could end up being 6-10 or 11-5, again, because this is a nasty schedule. There are some bright spots, however. First, if we do make the playoffs, we'll be tested. We'll have faced the best and should by then deservedly have confidence. Also, there'll be no excuses for Juaron this year. He's had enough time to both fill out his own roster and to implement his own system. What we see this year is a team as envisioned by D.J. I for one am very curious about that. The most successful teams (Philly, Stealers, Indy, Patriots) have teams that have a certain character, as defined by their coaches. Year in and out their fans know their team will end up with approximately 10-13 wins, and almost always be in the playoffs. This year Dick can begin a run with the Bills, or we'll be seeing a new coach in 2010.

I'll go on the record in support of Dick Juaron. As a coach, he lets the coordinators run their respective shows - and as April is a testament, their ceiling is the respective unit's ceiling. So, our coordinators will also be proving themselves this year. My only real complaint about D.J. is that he never appears confindent enough in his team. He never says, "We are going out there and are going to out play our opponent." Instead, he's apt to say, "You never know, in this league things are so close, the ball can bounce one way or the other - let's hope it bounces our way today." Blahhh...that talking only leaves room for excuses. This year, there won't be room for anymore of those.

Jauron can take a crap team and coach them upwards into mediocrity (his first season here). 7-9

Jauron can take an exceptional team and coach them downwards into mediocrity (last season). 7-9

The collapse of last season should be put squarely on the shoulders of Dickface, when his team built a comfortable record the playcalling went south, both defense and offense became conservative and the Bills appeared to be a pile of unmotivated bodies.

Give Jauron an advantage and he'll very slowly and methodically kill it.

Does it occur to you that the Bills just have mediocre players? If it looks like a pile of unmotivated bodies, which I agree with, it's more on the types of players on your team, than your coach. I can understand being out of position because of coaching, but unmotivated? THat is a character flaw with the Bills. I've said this before, and I firmly believe it's the main problem with the Bills; they have no proven winners on their team. Who on the Buffalo Bills has really accomplished anything in the NFL teamwise? Mitchell and who else? The Bills just seem to be in the habit of getting players on their team and hoping they are winners, and not going after players that have proven they have the ability to win.

4-12

I wasn't going to answer this because it any response would be based on 100% speculation. But, things are a little slow, so why duck a question? :P

This draft was a good one imo. We took a pass rusher with a premium pick, and if R.Rich is happy, so am I. :wallbash:

Of course from where this fan sits, the additions of Wood and Levitre meant every bit as much, if not significantly more. As many of you surely know, I think that the Bills will continue to lose until they field a strong, brutal team. The concept of a cold weather "finesse" team is alien to me; I have never seen a successful model of this.

In the same vein, Lori's wonderful article told us that the brass was/is very high on Hangartner. This too is very good news because if he can play, we might have ourselves a team that can run the football, and even convert (perish the thought) on 3rd and short.

The bad news (in terms of the question) is that we don't have a legit LT, and we are still very weak imo at DT. As much as I like Stroud, he will probably get worn down during the season because there is no credible DT to spell him when need be. In fact, there is no other good DT on the roster imo.

For years, the Bills have both guessed wrong on free agents and have not allocated prime draft picks to this position. Mistakes such as this take their toll.

In summary, the Bills seem to be headed in the right direction, but there is more work to do. They have a God-awful head coach, a weakness at the 2nd most important position on the field, and a gaping hole at DT.

I think that we will finish between 5-11 and 8-8. Having to pick one, I will go with 6-10, and even this will not be possible unless Trent picks up his game. I know that this sounds pessimistic, but it isn't at all. If the Bills continue to focus on the more important aspects of football, they can certainly be a playoff team in 2010. If they can trade for a good DT, they could finish higher in 09. If Jauron gets fired, they will almost certainly improve the following day.

Either way, it will be fun watching these young linemen develop and run some people over for a change.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year, I said 11-5 and was way off. Jauron's boneheaded calls have cost us 2-3 games per season, so I see that trend continuing. I hope I'm wrong & we make the playoffs, but from what we've seen from Jauron in the last 3 seasons, I'm sticking with 7-9 and hopefully Jauron's last season as Bills H.C.

Everything comes together just right.

Maybin is an instant star, striking fear in to the hearts of all opposing QB's. The defense attacks, smothers and takes the ball away. The o-line works with the new beef in the middle and Walker and Butler at the edges. Trent finds a comfy spot in the pocket and spreads the ball around to a variety of targets. Lynch and Jackson and Rhodes run to daylight.

14-2, AFC East Champs. 1st round bye.

:wallbash:

Everything comes together just right.

Maybin is an instant star, striking fear in to the hearts of all opposing QB's. The defense attacks, smothers and takes the ball away. The o-line works with the new beef in the middle and Walker and Butler at the edges. Trent finds a comfy spot in the pocket and spreads the ball around to a variety of targets. Lynch and Jackson and Rhodes run to daylight.

14-2, AFC East Champs. 1st round bye.

:wallbash:

It's not easy, being green.

:P

I have a wait and see attitude about this season.

Last year I was expecting us to get into the post season :lol:

This Year....so many ifs

To be honest I would settle for 9-7

The most important thing in this season is can Trent Edwards perform at a higher level than last year. He has the weapons.

Can he lead to the playoffs? Right now I am not so sure.

hope they prove me wrong :unsure:

looking at our schedule I truly believe we could be a much better team than last year and have a worse record...

Exactly what I am thinking. Passing game with TO, cough, is going to improve though. Defenses are going to have to be honest both helping underneith passing and rushing. With the WR we had we could never use a quick slant because defenses would be all over it with 8 in the box. I cannot believe I am the one writing this but the fact is TO's possibilities for the Bills are HUGE for offense. Last year our defense was probably MUCH better then it look with an offense that doesn't ever score TDs. Makes opposing teams run more and take less chances because they are unneeded. Granted we STILL have a coaching staff that will do exactly that by rolling out JP with a lead and the game closing... Sorry I know some people felt some pain by bringing that up.

Ok, there it is... Still a chance at the playoffs. :wallbash:

Last year, I said 11-5 and was way off. Jauron's boneheaded calls have cost us 2-3 games per season, so I see that trend continuing. I hope I'm wrong & we make the playoffs, but from what we've seen from Jauron in the last 3 seasons, I'm sticking with 7-9 and hopefully Jauron's last season as Bills H.C.

Trent will ward off the boneheaded calls this year. He has the talent and the offense to makeup for Jauron's ineptitude.

Good point Go hurry up to bipass HC and GO BILLS!

I am not saying that he is going to override the calls, I just believe his talent combined with the talent of the offensive unit with overcome the garbage playcalling (i.e. executing plays well enough that they will move the ball despite the fact the call was the wrong call to be called.)

5-11

• Tougher Schedule
  • Improved divisional rivals (Brady's back, Fins and Jets better than last year)
  • Revamped Offensive Line
  • No guarantees Maybin will have an impact or that Schobel returns to form
  • Marshawn out for first 3 games
  • I'm not sold on Trent (even when he had time last year he often looked like he was doing a Rob Johnson impersonation by hold ing onto the ball way too long)
  • Dick Jauron - 10 games into the season last year he still can't manage the clock - that suddenly changes with a new year?
  • As Ralph said, just not enough talent

5-11

• Tougher Schedule
  • Improved divisional rivals (Brady's back, Fins and Jets better than last year)
  • Revamped Offensive Line
  • No guarantees Maybin will have an impact or that Schobel returns to form
  • Marshawn out for first 3 games
  • I'm not sold on Trent (even when he had time last year he often looked like he was doing a Rob Johnson impersonation by hold ing onto the ball way too long)
  • Dick Jauron - 10 games into the season last year he still can't manage the clock - that suddenly changes with a new year?
  • As Ralph said, just not enough talent

. Only 2 players allowed to form the "wedge" on ST this season.