No to Gay Marriage, Yes to breast implants

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10290052

Miss California's statements against gay marriage placed her firmly at the center of a heated debate. Now there's a new controversy surrounding San Diego native Carrie Prejean. The Miss California Organization has confirmed it paid for Prejean's breast implants six weeks before the Miss USA pageant.

California is certainly an interesting state....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss California's statements against gay marriage placed her firmly at the center of a heated debate. Now there's a new controversy surrounding San Diego native Carrie Prejean. The Miss California Organization has confirmed it paid for Prejean's breast implants six weeks before the Miss USA pageant.

Well I support the right for gays to marry but, hypothetically, if it was gay marriage versus breast implants I'm afraid gay marriage would lose. :devil:

This entire situation is insane.

Exactly how is it "controversial" to be opposed to gay marriage when Obama, both Clintons and the majority of Americans oppose gay marriage? And now a beauty pageant contestant getting breast implants is somehow a controversy? Heated debate? Try stupid debate.

Exactly how is it "controversial" to be opposed to gay marriage when Obama, both Clintons and the majority of Americans oppose gay marriage? And now a beauty pageant contestant getting breast implants is somehow a controversy? Heated debate? Try stupid debate.

I'm against breast implants. You know what I do about it? I don't have a breast implant. Pretty fuc#ing simple, don't you think? But, since others getting breast implants has no impact, whatsoever, on me, I respect the right for those who believe in getting implants to have them.

If only the anti-same sex marriage folks would exercise the same humility.

I'm against breast implants. You know what I do about it? I don't have a breast implant. Pretty fuc#ing simple, don't you think? But, since others getting breast implants has no impact, whatsoever, on me, I respect the right for those who believe in getting implants to have them.

If only the anti-same sex marriage folks would exercise the same humility.

:devil:

Is there any reason why people should pay more attention to Miss USA (which Trump owns) than Donald Trump's other reality shows like The Apprentice or shows like Who Wants to Boff The Old Dude from Poison?

Because the PC whiners can't recognize their own hypocrisy. The girl simply expressed her opinion about the issue. But the idiots who rush to call others 'intolerant' are the ones who can't deal with people having opinions different than their own. Love the irony.

Is there any reason why people should pay more attention to Miss USA .....

They're hot. Other than that..... :devil:

Is there any reason why people should pay more attention to Miss USA (which Trump owns) than Donald Trump's other reality shows like The Apprentice or shows like Who Wants to Boff The Old Dude from Poison?

Well, unlike the other Trump dreck, Miss America pageant is a once-a-year special with a TV history of over 40 years. Trumps involvement has surely sullied it, though. The Donald is one of the great dullards of our time.

Because the PC whiners can't recognize their own hypocrisy. The girl simply expressed her opinion about the issue. But the idiots who rush to call others 'intolerant' are the ones who can't deal with people having opinions different than their own. Love the irony.

She was asked a question about her thoughts on legislation. She answered with an opinion that made it sound as if she was a bigot. Public bigotry usually elicits a strong counter-response. The irony is those supporting her for expressing her (bigoted) opinion seem to have trouble with the critics expressing theirs.

She was asked a question about her thoughts on legislation. She answered with an opinion that made it sound as if she was a bigot. Public bigotry usually elicits a strong counter-response. The irony is those supporting her for expressing her (bigoted) opinion seem to have trouble with the critics expressing theirs.

Dismissing her as a bigot for expressing her opinion on the spot seems just as close minded.

I don't really care who gets married, but what I do care about is having 'gay marriage' as one of the biggest issues in our society when we have a country with enormous challenges, unsustainable economic, health and social network systems, a grotesquely unhealthy and undereducated population, major environmental problems, etc.

But let's not worry that Las Vegas is running out of water when it's critical that Adam and Steve get to decide who wears the white dress.

Well, unlike the other Trump dreck, Miss America pageant is a once-a-year special with a TV history of over 40 years. Trumps involvement has surely sullied it, though. The Donald is one of the great dullards of our time.

I don't know....I thought the fact they were hosted by game show hosts was always a clue.

Dismissing her as a bigot for expressing her opinion on the spot seems just as close minded.

It might seem that way, but I assure you it is not.

I don't really care who gets married, but what I do care about is having 'gay marriage' as one of the biggest issues in our society when we have a country with enormous challenges, unsustainable economic, health and social network systems, a grotesquely unhealthy and undereducated population, major environmental problems, etc.

I agree, actually. Unfortunately, there are very few times when an issue of minority rights ranks as one of the urgent issues of the day...at least to those whose rights aren't being denied. There is no good time for this issue, IMO. But the answer is so simply, and so easy, that it might as well be handled before breakfast tomorrow. Any two consenting people of legal age can get married, if they choose to. What a concept. The idea that something like that has to be debated and needs to be voted on is an insult in itself.

Remember, nobody is suggesting this woman shouldn't be able to speak her mind. Many are suggesting they wouldn't want a person who holds these bigoted beliefs to represent the USA. Right now, as it involves private groups and individuals speaking their minds in a public forum, it is in the perfect venue for discussion/debate.

But let's not worry that Las Vegas is running out of water when it's critical that Adam and Steve get to decide who wears the white dress.

That's the idiocy of the whole thing. Why are people making it an issue when it shouldn't be? If they were given the rights it would be a simple thing to fix. The people who are making it a tough issue are the people against it. Everybody is allowed to fight for their rights no matter what the state of the union is. If you think it's a distraction then drop your opposition. 'Nuff said.

I don't know....I thought the fact they were hosted by game show hosts was always a clue.

Oh, I'll give you that. The pageant sucks. But it's still better than anything with Trump on-screen.

Oh, I'll give you that. The pageant sucks. But it's still better than anything with Trump on-screen.

You have to admit that Trump is a master at self promotion. He has used his wealth to leverage himself into celebrity status and when his wealth began to dissipate he reversed the process.

Agreed and are we really so hypersensitive as a society that a 20 year old girl can't express her opinion on national television without being raked over the coals for more than a week as a result? I really don't know what people want from her, unless they expected a canned, pre-approved, politically correct response. She was asked a loaded question and gave an honest answer. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Actually the Miss America pageant & the Miss USA pageant are two different contests. I made the same mistake as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_America

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_USA

Actually the Miss America pageant & the Miss USA pageant are two different contests. I made the same mistake as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_America

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_USA

Thanks. I knew that I had started to confuse them, and went back and corrected the number of years it's been on TV (over 40+, Miss America has been on for 50+ years)...but forget to correct the Pageant name.

Thanks, Mark.