Levi Jones to be released

per profootballtalk.com:

"Per NFLPA records, Jones is under contract for four more years, at base salaries of $3 million in 2009, $3.75 million in 2010, $4.55 million in 2011, and $5 million in 2012."

Again, IF the Bills can make the trade on the cheap...make it. We DO have the extra 6th rounder from the Uggles.

..just a suggestion :lol:

$3 mil is cheap, relatively speaking, for a Left OT. If he doesn't work out, I don't think we'd have much, if any, of a cap hit beyond 2009.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus really depends on the medical IMHO. If we think he is able to make the starts and not be too hobbled to play adequately then we pay him (the going rate seems to be for a salary under $3 mill and for an LT the docs think has a decent shot at doing the job then get er done).

The cost to us if he turns out to be not up to it is that he adds competition but costs reps for our now incredibly young OL. A problem as experience helps the youngsters but none of them are so deadlock certain to work out (in fact if past real world experience is your guide none of them will be ready this year except maybe Walker but then also maybe not in terms of his past play).

09 is important to us as the only year we are guaranteed TO, as protecting Edwards is key and as Ralph is gonna die sooner or late. I say let the docs take a look and if there is a chance then opt for competition being a good thing over letting the youngsters learn by getting Edwards killed.

If that's the number of times that he's appeared on the injury report, then Tom Brady's would be 2 miles long.

I don't think anyone is saying that going after Jones would be a 100% certain cure to the O-line issues. I think the point is that while going after Jones would be a risk, it's a calculated risk. It's short money and potentially makes the line a whole lot better.

Am I the only one who thinks we should keep Kelsay, if at a discounted rate (which he'd be sure to take)? Schobel is going to be 32, Maybin istill playing at SS weight, and Chris Ellis has done nothing to prove he's anywhere close to ready. I don't like Kelsay's production (or lack thereof), but we haven't addressed that position well enough to just send him packing in my opinion.

250 is SS weight?

:lol:

CIN released Mike Doss today - there's another name... :lol:

He'd fit right in with some of the current Bills... :lol:

On May 29, 2005, Doss was charged with a felony weapons charge and three misdemeanor charges in Akron, Ohio after police estimated hearing five to six gunshots outside a local restaurant. Doss was sentenced to 40 hours of community service and a $1,000 fine after pleading no contest to the charges

He'd fit right in with some of the current Bills... :lol:

On May 29, 2005, Doss was charged with a felony weapons charge and three misdemeanor charges in Akron, Ohio after police estimated hearing five to six gunshots outside a local restaurant. Doss was sentenced to 40 hours of community service and a $1,000 fine after pleading no contest to the charges

Dick Jauron's ears perked right up when he heard that a secondary player with a criminal history was cut.