Levi Jones to be released

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The agent for LT Levi Jones says the Bengals have informed him his client will be released or traded shortly.

This likely indicates that No. 6 pick Andre Smith will play tackle, not guard, although it remains to be seen which side. Anthony Collins and Andrew Whitworth both have experience on the blind side. The Bengals won't get anything for Jones because of his chronic back injury and pricey contract."

"The agent for LT Levi Jones says the Bengals have informed him his client will be released or traded shortly.

This likely indicates that No. 6 pick Andre Smith will play tackle, not guard, although it remains to be seen which side. Anthony Collins and Andrew Whitworth both have experience on the blind side. The Bengals won't get anything for Jones because of his chronic back injury and pricey contract."

Those two clowns at rotoworld must read my posts... although it's the knee. :rolleyes:

So sign him to an incentive-laden 2 year deal and see what happens, right?

To me this would be the kind of free agent signing that would be smart......

- Talent is there.....injuries ae a concern

- We aren't going to have to break the bank to get him

- It is veteran insurance JUST IN CASE D. Bell isn't the player that we want him to be

I would much rather do something like this then use a pick in the draft on players projected to RT.

To me this would be the kind of free agent signing that would be smart......

- Talent is there.....injuries ae a concern

- We aren't going to have to break the bank to get him

- It is veteran insurance JUST IN CASE D. Bell isn't the player that we want him to be

I would much rather do something like this then use a pick in the draft on players projected to RT.

Agreed. If the contract has the right incentive structure, he's a very good insurance policy. He's not that old, either.

I think the bills are pretty much committed to going with what they have...If they decide to trade I suspect it will be for a better bet than Levi Jones, and I don't know if there is interest or potential trade targets out there that would be much better than what we already have. On the plus side the Bills FO knew the situation going into the draft, apparently knew the talent in the draft pretty well and certainly had a better take on the existing offensive linemen than we did. I gotta gie them the benefit of the doubt...at least until the offensive line shows us what it has in the regular seaon.

If this guy is going to be traded OR released, why wouldn't we wait until he is released? Trading a pick makes no sense to me, and if somebody else is willing to do it, let em. It's not like this guy doesn't have a significant downside. As I said above, I could get on board with an incentive based contract, but no way I give up a pick for him, veteran status aside.

If this guy is going to be traded OR released, why wouldn't we wait until he is released? Trading a pick makes no sense to me, and if somebody else is willing to do it, let em. It's not like this guy doesn't have a significant downside. As I said above, I could get on board with an incentive based contract, but no way I give up a pick for him, veteran status aside.

If the Bills desperately want him, just trade Chris Kelsay... :lol: