What is our biggest post draft (that's PD Deano) need?

Beerball

OLB starter and OT depth.

Considering how many needs we had before this draft, I'd say thats a pretty good situation.

Obviously I would jump at a chance though to get Levi Jones, if he becomes available.

Hopefully the Bills will simply cut Kelsay and Simpson and give them more cap space to pursue vets like Hill and Jones.

Your 3rd starting LB plays about 30-40% of snaps at best, whereas your starting LT plays 100% of them. I'm unconvinced Walker can play LT, so that's need #1. And I think I'd still put DT above LB, and then I'd throw DE in there to round it out. Schobel is as big a question mark as Maybin right now, Kelsay and Denney are both mediocre at best, and Ellis 1.) wasn't able to earn much PT on a horrible D-line last year, and 2.) looked really bad in the little bit of PT he got. Remember when the coaching staff kept talking about how our D-line was supposed to utilize wave after wave of linemen, so they could all go hard every down? They don't really talk about that any more, because they realize that our backups going 100% are still worse than Marcus Stroud going 70%.

If the Bills can get Levi Jones, I'll be thrilled. Leroy Hill would be a nice addition as well, especially since he can play DE on passing downs.

There could be a couple Tackles available shortly. Levi Jones? Tony Pashos?

LB Leroy Hill is a free agent.

If you had to pick one position to shore up which would it be?

An OLB for sure

If I were Ralph I would ask my coachs. Are you prepared to work with the tackles that you have (including the new

Bell who was signed to a three year contract which has to be unusual for a UDFA), with the understanding that your credibility is on the line with those tackles?

Depending on the answer I would pursue a vet or not. Personally I am inclinded to go with what we have and develop those people. I do not believe we will be any worse off than last year. Last year was pretty bad.

There could be a couple Tackles available shortly. Levi Jones? Tony Pashos?

LB Leroy Hill is a free agent.

If you had to pick one position to shore up which would it be?

LT

LB first and foremost (Hill?) Then DT (Henderson?) Then LT.

PTR

I would almost put LB in a tie with LT but LT edges it out because TE is brittle.

Your 3rd starting LB plays about 30-40% of snaps at best, whereas your starting LT plays 100% of them. I'm unconvinced Walker can play LT, so that's need #1. And I think I'd still put DT above LB, and then I'd throw DE in there to round it out. Schobel is as big a question mark as Maybin right now, Kelsay and Denney are both mediocre at best, and Ellis 1.) wasn't able to earn much PT on a horrible D-line last year, and 2.) looked really bad in the little bit of PT he got. Remember when the coaching staff kept talking about how our D-line was supposed to utilize wave after wave of linemen, so they could all go hard every down? They don't really talk about that any more, because they realize that our backups going 100% are still worse than Marcus Stroud going 70%.

If the Bills can get Levi Jones, I'll be thrilled. Leroy Hill would be a nice addition as well, especially since he can play DE on passing downs.

What he said. :rolleyes:

My full offseason need list is in this order, for starters and backups, and how they have been addressed so far:

LT - Still needed.

DE - May have been solved through the draft.

C - May have been solved through FA and the draft.

OLB - May have been solved through the draft but iffy.

TE - May have been solved through the draft.

DT -Still needed.

G's - May have been solved through the draft.

S - May have been solved through the draft.

ILB - Still needed.

FB - Still needed.

CB - May have been solved through the draft.

WR - May have been solved through FA.

RB - May have been solved through FA.

QB - May have been solved through FA.