Mel Kiper

Casey D

B+, same as Arizona. Only Green Bay with an A and Jets with an A- got higher grades.

He loved the Bills picks, and would have given them an A except they failed to address the OT position. Coming from this guy, high praise...CD

B+, same as Arizona. Only Green Bay with an A and Jets with an A- got higher grades.

He loved the Bills picks, and would have given them an A except they failed to address the OT position. Coming from this guy, high praise...CD

Strang that he would bump them down for not selecting a OT. This goes against the idea of pick the best players on the board at the time of a selection.

Strang that he would bump them down for not selecting a OT. This goes against the idea of pick the best players on the board at the time of a selection.

No it doesn't. It is understood by expert advocates of that philosophy that teams should pick the best player on the board FOR THAT TEAM. Depending on your team needs different players will hold different values. When you have no starting LT on your roster and an established starting QB, Matthew Stafford doesn't hold much value to you regardless of where he falls to.

The Bills are fine at OT, Mel.

I'm not sure what makes you think that, but obviously the Bills believe they have an ace up their sleeve or have the leverage to acquire a starting tackle, and the former looks more likely right now. I hope that turns out to be true but when you look at our roster it is incredibly mind-bogglingly ignorant to state that we are fine at LT. At best, we can be optimistic that we might be adequate. At best.

I would prefer not banking on the fact that Demetrius Bell is going to be able to hold down a starting tackle position.

I'm not sure what makes you think that, but obviously the Bills believe they have an ace up their sleeve or have the leverage to acquire a starting tackle, and the former looks more likely right now. I hope that turns out to be true but when you look at our roster it is incredibly mind-bogglingly ignorant to state that we are fine at LT. At best, we can be optimistic that we might be adequate. At best.

I would prefer not banking on the fact that Demetrius Bell is going to be able to hold down a starting tackle position.

From one of the articles linked on the main page here the Bills are planning to move Butler to RT.

I'm not sure we should have passed on Oher, but time will tell.

I was a little concerned about this too, but after drafting 2 OL in the first 2 rounds, I think the Bills have the mentality that somebody on that roster is going to be able to get the job done. They added nice depth which gives them the freedom to move ppl around a little more and I'm not 100% convinced that the Bills didn't draft Wood to play tackle. I think they intend to look at everyone on the line and put the best suited player in at tackle. Either that, or they are sold on Demetrius Bell and didn't consider tackle a need, which seems crazy to me but then again I'm not privy to inside information.

But they upgraded the team in all of the most desperately needed areas (except the aforementioned LT) and so I think we should all be very very happy with the way the draft worked out. I also still expect at least 1 more major acquisition before the season starts, so thanks Bills for giving me some hope that all is not lost.

I would have liked a DT. Unless they have other plans.

We could be 1 player away from having a seriously intimidating defense...

And I like other fans who want to draft hogs, just FYI. It's ironic to me that they call skill positions "skill positions", when its pretty obvious that being successful at those positions is always 100% dependent upon the play of the line. In other words, you can have mediocre skill players who are successful and win behind a great line, but you can't have great skill players who are successful behind a mediocre line. So kudos for wanting to draft the hogs.

I can't seem to find that Steely, can you link me?

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/652438.html

"It appears the Bills plan to move Langston Walker to left tackle and slide right guard Brad Butler to right tackle, where he was originally drafted to play. Rookies Eric Wood and Andy Levitre, the second picks in the first and second rounds, respectively, are slated to start at left and right guard with Geoff Hangartner at center. Kirk Chambers, Demetrius Bell, Jonathan Scott and Seth McKinney provide depth at guard and tackle."