Mel Kiper

Casey D

You sure about that? Maybe there is a method behind the madness, but I'm far from "fine" with our current group of Walker, Bell & Chambers at OT.

Walker and Chambers dominated through preseason and got us 2-0 in the regular season. Kyle Williams spoke highly of bell in an offseason interview I heard. I think we will be fine. We have a tendency of finding good tackles, and good corners.

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/652438.html

"It appears the Bills plan to move Langston Walker to left tackle and slide right guard Brad Butler to right tackle, where he was originally drafted to play. Rookies Eric Wood and Andy Levitre, the second picks in the first and second rounds, respectively, are slated to start at left and right guard with Geoff Hangartner at center. Kirk Chambers, Demetrius Bell, Jonathan Scott and Seth McKinney provide depth at guard and tackle."

Thanks a million Labatt. I assumed they'd let Levitre sit a year and develop a bit, but it looks like they're clearing the way for both rookies to start in the middle day one. This gives our O-line play this year more upside, and a higher ceiling, in my opinion.

Playing Chambers at Tackle and Butler at guard (with Levitre sitting) probably would've been safer, but the alignment of Walker-Wood-Hangy-Levitre-Butler actually gives the line a chance to be dominant. I can't remember saying that about a Bills O-line.....ever?

:thumbsup:

No it doesn't. It is understood by expert advocates of that philosophy that teams should pick the best player on the board FOR THAT TEAM. Depending on your team needs different players will hold different values. When you have no starting LT on your roster and an established starting QB, Matthew Stafford doesn't hold much value to you regardless of where he falls to.

Anyway, we didn;'t pick the highest on the board, unless ourt board was screwy. Brown was higher, and Unger, for everyone else, than Byrd. So by that criteria, we also do not deserve an A.

That said, I trust in Dick and Byrd is sure to become the next Lester Hayes.

Thanks a million Labatt. I assumed they'd let Levitre sit a year and develop a bit, but it looks like they're clearing the way for both rookies to start in the middle day one. This gives our O-line play this year more upside, and a higher ceiling, in my opinion.

Playing Chambers at Tackle and Butler at guard (with Levitre sitting) probably would've been safer, but the alignment of Walker-Wood-Hangy-Levitre-Butler actually gives the line a chance to be dominant. I can't remember saying that about a Bills O-line.....ever?

:thumbsup:

I'm assuming you didn't watch games in the early nineties with Wolford, Ritcher, Hull and I forget the other two. They were probably one of the best lines ever. JMO

I'm assuming you didn't watch games in the early nineties with Wolford, Ritcher, Hull and I forget the other two. They were probably one of the best lines ever. JMO

'House' Ballard (now there was a late round pick who came through for uis - 11th I think) and either Davis or Parker. Great line. Also Devlin in the first couple of Kelly's years was not too shabby either...

(Of course I am sure that someone will come on here and tell us that X, Y, and/or Z were stiffs and I am an idiot for even bringing their names up...)

'House' Ballard (now there was a late round pick who came through for uis - 11th I think) and either Davis or Parker. Great line. Also Devlin in the first couple of Kelly's years was not too shabby either...

(Of course I am sure that someone will come on here and tell us that X, Y, and/or Z were stiffs and I am an idiot for even bringing their names up...)

House Ballard is a cop now. Can you imagine a criminal running away from House's partner and right into that human skyscraper? I'm guessing they have a lot of fresh underwear for the jail. :P

If a criminal tried to shoot him he'd better have more than ten bullets in his gun. :thumbsup:

House Ballard is a cop now. Can you imagine a criminal running away from House's partner and right into that human skyscraper? I'm guessing they have a lot of fresh underwear for the jail. :thumbsup:

If a criminal tried to shoot him he'd better have more than ten bullets in his gun. :blink:

No, don't do that. If you shoot him you'll just make him mad - Gene Wilder - Blazing Saddles

So do we like Mel now?

Yes, we like Mell for the time being, but now we hate Bills Daily for only giving us a C+ grade.

So the official tally reads as follows:

Mel... :thumbsup:

Bills Daily :thumbsup:

Todd McShay :thumbsup:

Mike Greenberg :P

Tim Graham :thumbdown:

USA Today :thumbsup:

Stand by for updates as more draft grades come in. :rolleyes:

Anyway, we didn;'t pick the highest on the board, unless ourt board was screwy. Brown was higher, and Unger, for everyone else, than Byrd. So by that criteria, we also do not deserve an A.

Picking the highest on the board does not mean picking the highest on Kiper or Mcshays boards. It means picking the highest on our board. If you know for sure that Brown or Unger were higher on the Bills board then Id like to ask what your position at One Bills Drive is. Apparently they were really high on him and believe that he can become a better addition to the team.