Round 6, Pick 183: CARY HARRIS, CB, USC

Why? Cary Harris was graded as a 3rd rounder by many scouts, so why not take him in the 6th? The worst thing that could happen is that we waste a late round pick.

Could've had Brannan Southerland to help open holes for our RB's, or another DT to line up beside Stroud on the interior, or another LB to put Ellison further down the bench. Harris is a stupid pick. No offense against you or anything Fingon :thumbsup:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I walked away from the TV for awhile while tossing the baseball with my son.

Came back and hit rewind on my DVR to the point the selection came up on

my TV.

hee hee hee

Was I surprised, NO! Just went to the fridge and grabbed another brew.

The entire draft in my eyes is an A on paper. I guess just let DJ get his

jollies by picking ANOTHER DB!

Remember this, what round was Brady chosen? Well they say lightning does

not strike twice...funny thing is it hit in NE first, and never here....

Dang Bills, what a crud pick!

I can't believe how whiney people get over a 6th round draft pick. This front office has had a great draft this weekend and they deserve alot of credit because they were able to address the many needs that we came into this draft with. Do I support the pick of another DB... NO. But this was just a typical late round Bills pick that many get worked up over for nothing.

The reason why its so ridiculous for them to take another corner is that we don't even have room for him. McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty, Corner. You can't tell me we couldn't have put this pick to better use when we already have 5 legitimate cornerbacks.

Its a 6th round pick so people shouldn't get all worked up over it, but its dumb, in a laughable sort of way.

Could've had Brannan Southerland to help open holes for our RB's, or another DT to line up beside Stroud on the interior, or another LB to put Ellison further down the bench. Harris is a stupid pick. No offense against you or anything Fingon :thumbsup:

Our O line and D Line are now crowded enough, we dont need another project there...I think we look pretty good on the lines at this point in terms of promise and depth.

Cary is a player and very good value in the 6th round...

In case anyone missed it, our DB's havent been the healthiest bunch...

The reason why its so ridiculous for them to take another corner is that we don't even have room for him. McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty, Corner. You can't tell me we couldn't have put this pick to better use when we already have 5 legitimate cornerbacks.

Its a 6th round pick so people shouldn't get all worked up over it, but its dumb, in a laughable sort of way.

Your right.

3 of those guys have had a history of injuries...

So do I. Its not that he wasn't a good value. It's how many DB's do we need going into camp?

We now have:

1. Terrence McGee

2. Leodis McKelvin

3. Ashton Youboty

4. Drayton Florence

5. Reggie Corner

6. Dustin Fox

AT CB

1. Donte Whitner

2. Brian Scott

3. Ko Simpson

4. George Wilson

5. John Wendling

3. Jairus Byrd

4. Cary Harris

At Safety

Our O line and D Line are now crowded enough, we dont need another project there...I think we look pretty good on the lines at this point in terms of promise and depth.

Cary is a player and very good value in the 6th round...

In case anyone missed it, our DB's havent been the healthiest bunch...

Our DL is crowded with sub-par players, and we don't have a true LT. The last thing on the planet this team needed was another defensive back. I would have rather seen a qb. Is the guy from Alabama gone?

i just have this picture in my mind of DJ pacing in the corner and

Modrak looking at him with some trepidation saying, "Ok, Ok,

just do it, draft another DB to get him off my back!"

I would have added Wilson in, but he went to bed yesterday

around the 3rd pick....

Our DL is crowded with sub-par players, and we don't have a true LT. The last thing on the planet this team needed was another defensive back. I would have rather seen a qb. Is the guy from Alabama gone?

No. And he would've been a better "wasted pick."

A.Q. Shipley is still on the board, too. :unsure:

(Oh, and I heard this drunk guy say that you don't need a LT if you run the Tampa 2. :thumbsup:)

so mcghee and youbouty never get hurt?? How about every year...did you ever think they may have had enough with ashton? at least he played at USC--we have reggie corner who could not even get invited to combine from the mac, drayton florence who stole money from jags--when did these guys become solid locks at the corner position...let himn get in the mix, see if he can contribute and/or play specials and make the team better

Who'd they really lose in the secondary?

McKelvin, McGee, Simpson, Corner, Whitner, Wilson, Florence, Fox, Scott, Youboty, and Wendling are still under contract. Now they added 3 more guys. :thumbsup:

Simpson, Wilson, Florence , and Fox could not make the team.

Except 3 of those guys have made the team for 2 or 3 years running...

Right, but that doesn't mean we can't improve on some of them. I like Wilson but he is not a good safety. I don't know about Fox or Florence. I think Simpson is cut after the 1st mini-camp.