Posters analysis of this draft will indicate

You get a lot of debates and whiny chatter on this board and many opinnions, and we are all guilty of it.

However, anyone who can't see the quality of our draft to this point clearly doesnt know football very well. We got some serious football players today, I mean big time gamers. Maybin is still unproven sure, but he is still they pass rusher with the most upside. And with our other DE's being good run stoppers, he fits this team very well.

Doesnt hurt that just about every recap I have seen has named the Bills as the best draft or amongst the best drafts today.

But this draft wont satisfy those people who just want the names they know...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's bull sh--. Some people just HAVE to be dicks regardless of the outcome.

Yup...they will only be happy if we over pay for some name they know or crap like that...then they will complain the next year that we spent too much money...hahaha...

Maybin at the very least should be an upgrade on obvious passing situations. He can't do any worse than Kelsay as far as getting to the QB is concerned.

Levitre and Woods is a major shift from who we have been drafting. The Bills FO realized that in order to compete in the AFC East, we need tough, mean, talented SOB's in the interior line in the trenches to deal with these massive Nose tackles who have been dominating our line over the past few years. This was a big step in my view of changing the whole scope of things.

Byrd, well, I don't know too much about him, but I like that he has consistantly made plays, that he has very fluid hips, solid tackler and great instincts and ball skills. He could be our starting FS at some point.

I'm pleased

to me we got a situation starter on d in maybin (and that's a good thing, as it means he is playing only to his strength while new), a starter on D in byrd, and 2 starters (maybe not day one, but call it one day one and one later on) on the interior o line.

we got athletic nasty nasty smart nasty hard working nasty guys in the trenches now. dock had sick talent but was a soft fayg, and our previous centers really sucked, so now we have a strong middle of the o line, and perhaps a legit pass rush.

that would have gotten us a few more wins last year.

Guest dog14787
It's bull sh--. Some people just HAVE to be dicks regardless of the outcome.

I think its BS that our FO doesn't understand how important a TE is to the success of an offense and a developing QB.

I forget though, because I didn't like taking the smallish one year wonder boy at DE and using the other three picks on a CB and two more unproven fat boys for the O-line our FO just decimated, I don't know football.

Gotcha :thumbsup:

to me we got a situation starter on d in maybin (and that's a good thing, as it means he is playing only to his strength while new), a starter on D in byrd, and 2 starters (maybe not day one, but call it one day one and one later on) on the interior o line.

we got athletic nasty nasty smart nasty hard working nasty guys in the trenches now. dock had sick talent but was a soft fayg, and our previous centers really sucked, so now we have a strong middle of the o line, and perhaps a legit pass rush.

that would have gotten us a few more wins last year.

orakpo is too wwf looking...those guys are rarely successful in the NFL

You get a lot of debates and whiny chatter on this board and many opinnions, and we are all guilty of it.

However, anyone who can't see the quality of our draft to this point clearly doesnt know football very well. We got some serious football players today, I mean big time gamers. Maybin is still unproven sure, but he is still they pass rusher with the most upside. And with our other DE's being good run stoppers, he fits this team very well.

Doesnt hurt that just about every recap I have seen has named the Bills as the best draft or amongst the best drafts today.

I'm psyched about this draft, but the fact is none of us know how the careers of any of these players will go. To say someone doesn't know about football because their opinion differs from yours on an issue that has no factual basis either way, seems a bit arrogant.

B.S. You can't evaluate this draft objectively for a couple years. Any opinions now are meaningless, even those from the front office themselves. That doesn't mean you can't be excited about who was picked, but you can't begin to grade this draft.

I think its BS that our FO doesn't understand how important a TE is to the success of an offense and a developing QB.

I forget though, because I didn't like taking the smallish one year wonder boy at DE and using the other three picks on a CB and two more unproven fat boys for the O-line our FO just decimated, I don't know football.

Gotcha :thumbsup:

I said all off season that they are pretty high on Fine, so do you think its possible that they think more of Fine than you do?

James Hastey picked the Bills as LOSERS in Winners & Losers in this Draft. :thumbsup: Someone else picked Miami as Winners.....................Just goes to show you there are idiots EVERYWHERE, not just on this board.

I'm not completely sold on Maybin, but in all fairness I haven't seen him play all that much. I do like the potential as a 3rd down pass rusher, if he's an impact there it'd be a big help (tons of times 3rd and long the Bills gave up a 1st).

Also, I love the strategy overall. Got 4 very good players and all are going to fill holes. I wasn't sold on the CB pick but hearing them talk about what a ball hawk he is and that he's gonna play safety actually made me very happy. Nice job Bills FO.

James Hastey picked the Bills as LOSERS in Winners & Losers in this Draft. :thumbsup: Someone else picked Miami as Winners.....................Just goes to show you there are idiots EVERYWHERE, not just on this board.

LMAO...what a dumb ass James is...maybe him and Emmitt should get together...

I personally hate the Maybin pick. I didn't want that guy going in. I think he'll be manhandled in the NFL and I don't think he'll be anywhere near as productive as a pass rusher. However, he's now a Bill and I hope I'm wrong as can be. I have no problem with the other players taken today. Although I did cringe a bit when yet another DB was taken with a high draft pick. But the guy seems like a solid player.

Guest dog14787
What? You say our o-line was decimated, but don't like that we took 2 o-lineman? WTF?

I'm pissed that for one, we had to take them and two, where we picked them, WTF is so hard to understand about that?