Posters analysis of this draft will indicate

it is clear that the CB pick makes one of our NFL calibre guys, corner, youboty, someone, unretainable. That player will end up somewhere else. So we strengthen another team while not really improving our team with this pick. On the other hand we had room for Brown, we can cut a guy that is NOT nfl calibre.

Terrible terrible move, terrible terrible draft not for who we picked, but for what could have been.

It would really bother me a lot more, though, but it is only football. Dick is a Dick, for sure, but not a real world criminal or scourge like Osama or Dick Cheney.

Absolutely none of that makes sense - from your football logic to your stupid political joke at the end. How in the hell do you know "what could have been" 10 hours after these guys were picked? How did we not "improve our team" when we had Bryan Scott/Ko Simpson/George Wilson in a starting role? And for the 785th !@#$ing time, Byrd is playing safety, which makes our safety depth expendable, not Youboty or Corner. If you really want to argue if teams would be fighting to pick up Ko Simpson or George Wilson than go ahead, cause that's where your argument leads you.

I really hope Maybin and the rest of the draft pics turns out OK because regardless of how discouraged I am right now I do care about our team. I just want a Tight End we can count on so Trent Edwards has all the proper weapons he needs to succeed, especially going up against teams like the Patriots twice a year.

It doesn't seem like to much to ask.

Chase Coffman would really cheer me up.

I've read many of your posts in the past, so I know you're not a loony toon like some of the posters that have some out of the woodwork today, but you need to chill the f out with the tight end stuff. Yes, a tight end is a good outlet for a younger QB. Yes, it would have been cool as !@#$ if Pettigrew fell to #28. But what's the rationale for being "discouraged" with this draft so far? ONE tight end was picked after Pettigrew, and he had TWELVE career catches. There will be a shitload of tight ends available in round 4 if we need one. Realllly not sure why this is stressing you out so much.

Guest dog14787
I've read many of your posts in the past, so I know you're not a loony toon like some of the posters that have some out of the woodwork today, but you need to chill the f out with the tight end stuff. Yes, a tight end is a good outlet for a younger QB. Yes, it would have been cool as !@#$ if Pettigrew fell to #28. But what's the rationale for being "discouraged" with this draft so far? ONE tight end was picked after Pettigrew, and he had TWELVE career catches. There will be a shitload of tight ends available in round 4 if we need one. Realllly not sure why this is stressing you out so much.

Every successful offense in the league has a good Tight End, its that simple.

We just trashed one young QB's career and now we're working on another one. Even the commentators during the draft today made comments on the importance of having a good Tight end to be successful in this league, much less with a young, developing QB. What, you think these guys are making it up?

Whats so hard to understand about that? I think Trent Edwards can do great things, but not with out the proper weapons and to me the Tight End is a key weapon for a young QB.

Guest dog14787
you guys do realize that in using Jason Peters in his example, he was actually using a TIGHT END as an example, since thats what Jason was when he went undrafted. im pretty sure that manages to negate his own point. but im not paying it that much attention.

there is no logic or reasoning here. simply someone who is butthurt that the Bills didnt manage to pick exactly like he wanted them to.

What, for wanting to draft a TE at 11th? Well Jason Peters made my point in more ways then one then didn't he, especially considering my initial point was we didn't have to use our higher picks to get good linemen.

You guys are hilarious.

Absolutely none of that makes sense - from your football logic to your stupid political joke at the end. How in the hell do you know "what could have been" 10 hours after these guys were picked? How did we not "improve our team" when we had Bryan Scott/Ko Simpson/George Wilson in a starting role? And for the 785th !@#$ing time, Byrd is playing safety, which makes our safety depth expendable, not Youboty or Corner. If you really want to argue if teams would be fighting to pick up Ko Simpson or George Wilson than go ahead, cause that's where your argument leads you.

Why would they draft a cornerback, to play safety??? What does not make sense here, drafting a guy to play a position he did not play in college and is not familiar with, or NOT drafting a guy who can help shove Kelsay out the door?

Ridiculous, you are very foolish if you think they could not have done better in so many ways.

You and head coach of Bills both, are Dicks.

Every successful offense in the league has a good Tight End, its that simple.

We just trashed one young QB's career and now we're working on another one. Even the commentators during the draft today made comments on the importance of having a good Tight end to be successful in this league, much less with a young, developing QB. What, you think these guys are making it up?

Whats so hard to understand about that? I think Trent Edwards can do great things, but not with out the proper weapons and to me the Tight End is a key weapon for a young QB.

T.O. > a TE...

You really under estimate the addition of T.O. in your cries for a TE...One, the FO is high on D. Fine for a reason, I assure you they have seen more of him than you and are in a better position to decide how bad we need a TE. The addition of T.O. also lessend the need for TE considering he can work the middle of the field with the best of them and D's still have to watch out for Lee and Reed...We dont need a Antonio Gates, we just need a TE that is capable of making some plays when needed, and D. Fine has promise to do that.

So yes, A TE can be big for a young QB, but when your WR corp is as potent as ours right now, TE becomes less of a pressing issue in the passing game and keeping the QB upright is what we needed to focus on.

I would like to see us grab one of the play making TE's too since no one knows for sure what we have in Fine yet, but getting 2 of the best OL prospects in the league was the right choice and more valuable than a recieving TE who lacks in the blocking dept...

And PS: Saints dont have a great TE...yes they have Shockey, but they were potent before they got him and he actually didnt do too much last year anyway...NE has an average TE that cant stay healthy...Philly had a top offense, no top TE there either...

Those are probably are three of the top 5 offenses in the league and have been for a while...no Pro Bowl TE's there...so do you think you are being a lil dramatic and REALLY exaggerating...

Why would they draft a cornerback, to play safety??? What does not make sense here, drafting a guy to play a position he did not play in college and is not familiar with, or NOT drafting a guy who can help shove Kelsay out the door?

Ridiculous, you are very foolish if you think they could not have done better in so many ways.

You must be new to the draft and football...this happens ALL THE TIME in the draft...

I know it's insane right!! The thought of a cornerback moving 15 feet over to play safety in coverage, just crazy talk. The guy has a specific skill set, and it just so happens that it is exactly what personnel guys look for in an NFL safety. He could get away with man to man coverage in college, but that may not be the case in the pros. Regardless, he is a gamer, and has knack for making big plays.

Shoving Kelsay out the door? Did you happen to miss pick #11? We chose a defensive end, the same position that he happens to play. I really have no idea where you're going with that.

Lastly, the only thing ridiculous about this entire topic is your need to insist "we could have done better." What the !@#$ does that even mean? Do you know something that we all don't? Please, grace us with your knowledge of how these players will turn out. Or at the very least, offer an alternative so I know what the hell you're talking about.

You must be new to the draft and football...this happens ALL THE TIME in the draft...

Yes, and it sometimes works sometimes no. Risking a high second round pick on a guy that you are going to move out of his natural position, just isn't a good move. "projected to be"... I would prefer if we spent our 2nd round pick on someone who "is".

Maybe it works and they are genius. Just as likely, the guy is a corner only, or needs 2 years to learn his new position, and in the meantime we push out good players for him to be on the team while he may or may not successfully convert, and George Wilson (another guy we 'converted') is starting.

Nothing against George, I like him plenty, but he is not a super cover guy or hitter, just average. Snags the occasional INT though which is more than can be said of our "star" safety, Whitner.