We just picked the best gaurd and center in this years draft!!

Magox

We just got this year's best gaurd and center in this year's draft.

Woods and Levitre, not only are they rated as top prospects, but they are tough guys who don't get pushed around.

:wallbash:

Yeah, Nasty and tough. I suddenly like our O-line with these picks and the two free agents and Chambers and Bell growing. Things are looking up.

Woods and Levitre, not only are they rated as top prospects, but they are tough guys who don't get pushed around.

:wallbash:

Yup...Im happpy with it...would have prefered to keep our 3rd for a TE, but I am pleased with these two...

Yeah, Nasty and tough. I suddenly like our O-line with these picks and the two free agents and Chambers and Bell growing. Things are looking up.

We might actually win in the trenches, a miracle.

The thing I like best about those two picks is that both guys play mean. The Bills have had guys who play soft up front on the OL for years. Now, along with Butler, they have some attitude up front.

I know thats awesome, now someone slap Walker and get him pissed off, and we have a line.

I agree 100%. Before the trade I said they should have taken Unger instead of Byrd and they actually made a smart move to trade up and grab the best guard. Love it. Build from the inside (center) outward. Hopefully they live up to their reputation of good and nasty players.

If you were to tell me that at the end of the first day that we would have the quickest pass rusher and best G and C in the draft, I'd be good.

Throw in a Safety who is a ball-hawk and i'll even give you a high-five.

Now, let's trade Kelsay for a 4th. Trade our last 4th for Henderson and the new one for Schleffer and call it a draft

If you were to tell me that at the end of the first day that we would have the quickest pass rusher and best G and C in the draft, I'd be good.

Now, let's trade Kelsay for a 4th. Trade our last 4th for Henderson and the new one for Schleffer and call it a draft

AMEN ;-)

so is the line :

Bell-Levitre-Wood-Butler-Walker

or do you see hangarter in there somewhere?..maybe chambers at RT and Walker at LT?

Taking a wild stab, but I'd guess:

Walker-Wood-Hangarter-Butler-Chambers

With Levitre pushing Wood/Butler/Chambers and Bell pushing Chambers

hmm...maybe, but why not:

Walker-Levitre-Wood-Butler-Chambers/Bell

More likely. I agree. Jauron has shown a strong preference for not starting rookies if he can at all help it.

:huh:

I love the fact that we picked two tough/fighter guys for the line.

It's quite a departure from the over sized, soft lineman we seem to target so often.

Let's hope they hit the ground running.

Yup...Im happpy with it...would have prefered to keep our 3rd for a TE, but I am pleased with these two...

Hopefully they can still get Beckum(Wisc), Ingram(FLA), Coffman(Mizzou) or Casey(Rice) with that remaining fourth, i dont think Cook(SoCar) will be.

Only because it was reported that Wood is going to play Guard.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-7-135...play-guard.html

Otherwise, I would have agreed with you and, reallly, Wood might not stay there. But who knows at this point? I'm no OL expert my any means.

My guess is that Hangartner will play center this year. Butler, Levitre and Woods will battle it out at gaurd. I also read that Levitre had played some tackle as well. Either way it is a good situation to have. I have to believe that by next year at the very least, Woods and Levitre will be our starters.

Supposedly Byrd is being moved to safety, so can I have that high five?

the next two NEED spots are OLB and TE...does anyone think Buffalo feels OLB-Bowens and TE-Fine are good enough and go crazy with picks 4-7?

Definitely agree on OLB. I think we might have the worst linebacker corps in the league. Well, probably not the worst, but definitely in the bottom 5 or 6.

And while tight end is a need, I don't think it's a huge one right now- at least in terms of a pass catcher. Fine is decent, and with Owens-Evans-Reed-Jackson-Lynch around, you have a lot of weapons in the passing game. Hopefully by the end of the season Hardy can come into his own and do so some of the things a pass catching tight end can do.

The TE position is a weakness. But if you're going to have a weakness at any one position on the field, tight end is the one that I'd pick.

OLB is a different story...they gotta figure something out there.

I like that we've got a number of guys on the O-line that can be considered starters. No one knows what the lineup will be, and who will get left out...which means we'll have good depth. And, they're tough and nasty! If the LT postition works out, maybe we can finally let the RB's loose...Lynch, Jackson, and now Rhodes. If our RB's can have success, our passing game will open up that much more. On Defence, the Byrd pick makes so much more sense as a safety. I read an article about how the final four teams this last year all had impact, pro-bowl caliber safeties. Maybe, now, we'll have that tandem, too. With ball hawk CB's, and if Maybin grows into that beast, then all we need is a good OLB to have a really good D. Throw in Henderson. We could still pick up a good Tampa 2 linebacker in FA. So far, not bad.

Is Brad Butler agile enough to play RT? Did I possibly see him do it once or twice before?

Brad Butler was the starting RT at UVa when D'Brickashaw Ferguson was there playing LT. He was projected as an RT/G for the draft and has experience at that position. That throws an interesting wrench into the projected starting lineup at the start of the season particularly if the two new Rookies play well at guard. In the press conference Jauron and Russ were pretty clear that they see Hangartner as our center, but I have a feeling Wood is going to outplay him and Hangartner will be moved to guard. Our OL to start the season could easily be as follows.

Walker-Hangartner-Wood-Levitre-Butler

And that my friends, is a pretty nast looking lineup. Jason who?

I'm excited to see the kind of hard-nosed, nasty, tough-guy play these guys are going to bring to our team. You know they're gonna go into camp and play hard, smacking people in the mouth and earning their reps. I love these kinds of O-Lineman and I'm really looking forward to what these guys are gonna do.

Brad Butler was the starting RT at UVa when D'Brickashaw Ferguson was there playing LT. He was projected as an RT/G for the draft and has experience at that position. That throws an interesting wrench into the projected starting lineup at the start of the season particularly if the two new Rookies play well at guard. In the press conference Jauron and Russ were pretty clear that they see Hangartner as our center, but I have a feeling Wood is going to outplay him and Hangartner will be moved to guard. Our OL to start the season could easily be as follows.

Walker-Hangartner-Wood-Levitre-Butler

And that my friends, is a pretty nast looking lineup. Jason who?

I love the nasty look at that offensive line considering Butler is nasty as well. If Walker would nasty up just a bit (put him with Wood a few days-lol) that would be a mean front. The thing I like about that line is the versability. I see depth in the line with other players as well. Maybe now we can move the ball on the ground and through the air. The thing I love best is "look out" to the big AFC East DT's :censored::censored::huh:

Here's what I like best about our new starting gaurd Woods:

Wood is known as a finisher and had over 180 knockdown blocks over his final two seasons.

“He’s a strong kid and a tough kid and he’s very, very competitive,” said Modrak. “He’s one of those guys that tries to finish and pin people. He’s a very smart kid. He really, really likes playing the game. He has a lot of good ingredients to be a real good player.”

“It’s all about flipping the switch when you go out on the field,” said Wood. “You can do things on the football field that are severely illegal on the streets. I just kind of flip that switch and try to take it to people on the field. I’m a finisher. The fun part is knocking people down and punishing the guy you’re going against. That’s the joy of football to me.”

:thumbsup: