So I am reading the article on Losman...

ICE

And what he is suffering from is what all athletes suffer from after an injury. Post soreness and swelling in not only the area but around it as well. Working through it is the only answer. He will have to deal with the pain if he wants to fully recover.

The thing that both cracks me up and at the same time, wants me to kick MM in the nuts is the "He's not ready" short and simple response. Well hell no he isn't MM. You and tom donahoe have hitched your wagon to bledsoe. So of course he isnt ready. Nor will he be this entire year if it is up to you....even if to the rest of the world (Including JP) he actually is.

So you are trying to tell us that Losman really is ready to take over as starting QB and Mike Mularkey is trying to pull one over on us all by telling a big fat lie??

In other words, a rookie coming off of a broken leg and out of a mid-major college program is completely ready to lead this team?

Just to clarify once more, you think a kid with zero big game collego or pro experience who was on crutches for the last couple of months gives us a better chance to win this Sunday than the QB we have? The QB who could have easily beat the JETS on the road last time if the Defense didn't give up a last minute TD drive??

So you are trying to tell us that Losman really is ready to take over as starting QB and Mike Mularkey is trying to pull one over on us all by telling a big fat lie??

YES

In other words, a rookie coming off of a broken leg and out of a mid-major college program is completely ready to lead this team?

YES

Just to clarify once more, you think a kid with zero big game collego or pro experience who was on crutches for the last couple of months gives us a better chance to win this Sunday than the QB we have? The QB who could have easily beat the JETS on the road last time if the Defense didn't give up a last minute TD drive??

YES

ICE,

I guess you are entitled to your opinion like anyone else, but I am not too sure you are being completely honest with yourself here.

It is well known how you feel about Drew as a QB, and I think your hatred towards him is effecting your rational judgement here.

If you had to place a 10k bet on the Bills to win this Sunday's game, you would serioulsy rather have JP in there?

ICE,

I guess you are entitled to your opinion like anyone else,  but I am not too sure you are being completely honest with yourself here.

It is well known how you feel about Drew as a QB,  and I think your hatred towards him is effecting your rational judgement here.

If you had to place a 10k bet on the Bills to win this Sunday's game,  you would serioulsy rather have JP in there?

100987[/snapback]

I betcha 10K that this gets a one word response!

If you had to place a 10k bet on the Bills to win this Sunday's game, you would serioulsy rather have JP in there?

YES

Not only that, I would take out another 10K loan and bet guys like you double or nothing he could win.

I feel a one legged JP is better than a two legged DB!  :w00t:

At least JP could hop around on that one leg and try to avoid a blitz while DB stands still with two legs.  ;)

I know this argument is not rational but it popped into my head and made me laugh.  So I thought I would share.

101055[/snapback]

And the bad thing is...you may be 100% correct! hey side note, congrats to O State, they played one hell of a game. I hate the fact we handed you two free TD's though :D

ICE, in reality, as you know already you have absolutley zero insight as to the condition and readiness of JP. There is also no reason to expect that MM is lying to the fans concerning his availablitity, especially based on his candidness he's displayed thus far in his short tenure here.. The trainers and coaches and JP are the only ones who are qualified to say he is ready and considering we have one of the most highly regarded training staffs in the NFL, I think they will declare him ready when he is indeed ready.

ICE, in reality, as you know already you have absolutley zero insight as to the condition and readiness of JP. There is also no reason to expect that MM is lying to the fans concerning his availablitity, especially based on his candidness he's displayed thus far in his short tenure here.. The trainers and coaches and JP are the only ones who are qualified to say he is ready and considering we have one of the most highly regarded training staffs in the NFL, I think they will declare him ready when he is indeed ready.

101102[/snapback]

Candidness? The guy didn't have the sac to state WM was the starter clear cut. also, Tom Donahoe has attached his entire legacy to this point, to the Bledsoe trade. Now you tell me...do you REALLY think JP is going to start soon? :w00t:

Candidness?  The guy didn't have the sac to state WM was the starter clear cut.  also, Tom Donahoe has attached his entire legacy to this point, to the Bledsoe trade.  Now you tell me...do you REALLY think JP is going to start soon?  :w00t:

101312[/snapback]

MM clearly did state that WM was the starter, it was the BIlls own media that contrued it otherwise. The Bledsoe trade was a good move at the time he made it. That change will come around soon enough....

And the bad thing is...you may be 100% correct!  hey side note, congrats to O State, they played one hell of a game.  I hate the fact we handed you two free TD's though  :D

101086[/snapback]

Thank you. That was a kick ass game! I now have a wide left to go with the wide right! :w00t:

Free TD's!? Man, those were caused by intimidation! OU was scared! ;)

And what he is suffering from is what all athletes suffer from after an injury. Post soreness and swelling in not only the area but around it as well. Working through it is the only answer.  He will have to deal with the pain if he wants to fully recover.

The thing that both cracks me up and at the same time, wants me to kick MM in the nuts is the "He's not ready" short and simple response.  Well hell no he isn't MM. You and tom donahoe have hitched your wagon to bledsoe. So of course he isnt ready. Nor will he be this entire year if it is up to you....even if to the rest of the world (Including JP) he actually is.

100942[/snapback]

Ice. I read the article as well. Is it just soreness, or is his injury not totally healed? Considering JP's strength is his mobility, is rushing him back going to ruin his career? We may have to go without him the rest of the year, much as it pains me. I keep hoping Bledsoe gets knocked out a few series just to see Shane Matthews in a game situation. I want to know what he can really do, not just the "expert" opinions of TBD posters.

PTR

In other words,  a rookie coming off of a broken leg and out of a mid-major college program is completely ready to lead this team?

100964[/snapback]

Just to be fair...Ben Rothlisberger came out of a mid-major program (Miami of Ohio) and he's tearing up the NFL. Drew Bledose was a #1 overall pick out of Washington, and 12 years later, he's STILL not ready to play in the NFL!

PTR

One thing to think about is that this injury is a hard one to come back from right away. Vick had the same injury last year and he was out pretty much the whole year. Steve Smith broke his fibula and he is on the IR. I think that MM will play JP when he is physically ready and not likely to get hurt again. I don't think he is hitching his wagon to DB, just being cautious about the future of this team.

Candidness?  The guy didn't have the sac to state WM was the starter clear cut.  also, Tom Donahoe has attached his entire legacy to this point, to the Bledsoe trade.  Now you tell me...do you REALLY think JP is going to start soon?  <_<

101312[/snapback]

Hello... Even if one feels that WM is th man and Henry is toast, it would be a dumb move for the Bills to simply declare WM as the answer and Travis as a failed idiot. The game for the Bills in the WM era is to maximize Travis's value for a trade.

One good method to maximize his value is the co-starter phase out which the Bills are doing rather than play into the impression that Travis is a bad player, bad Bill or damaged goods.

I think the true test of MM's cojones is whether he repetitively would go with Travis in the Fins game when WM first started and went over 100, whether he stuck with Henry after trying to showcase him as tradebait or to make the two RB thing work in the Ravens game (when Travis was not up to the challenge he went to WM with lots of carries and production), or if he had tried to continue the co-RB gameplan in real life against the Cards despite Henry's failures against the Ravens (he did not slavishly stick with Henry and instead featured WM to the tune of 2 rushing TDs and him hitting the century mark again).

I cojones means foolishly ignoring maximizing Henry's trade value or departing from the successful to date slow but steady WM rehab schedule by overcommiting to runnning him and running him again regardless of production in the Ravens game, then thank gosh that MM is a weenie.

They have played this just right as far as I can tell in terms of bringing WMs rehab along at a good steady pace letting reality determine his progress and putting TH aside in games whole maintaining the ability to ask for a high draft pick (and it is to be hoped a back up for WM better than Joe Burns) in trade for Henry when the off-season roles around.

JP's injury is similar to Michael Vick's last preseason. Vick wasn't back till late November/early December, so maybe JP is good to go as an emergency QB, but still not ready to start.

I hope he'll be ready after the Patriots game, and then he can start seeing playing time.

Just to be fair...Ben Rothlisberger came out of a mid-major program (Miami of Ohio) and he's tearing up the NFL.  Drew Bledose was a #1 overall pick out of Washington, and 12 years later, he's STILL not ready to play in the NFL!

PTR

101462[/snapback]

To be fair, Pittsburgh's offensive line has been their greatest strength this season.

Thank you.  That was a kick ass game! I now have a wide left to go with the wide right!  :devil:

Free TD's!? Man, those were caused by intimidation! OU was scared!  :lol:

101384[/snapback]

Nah I saw bob on the sidelines saying "Just give it to em' " <_<:)

To be fair, Pittsburgh's offensive line has been their greatest strength this season.

101869[/snapback]

If the OL is so bad, why have we not seen a "moving pocket" so far? I am asking in seriousness. This team has guards that can pull we saw this last week. Surely to help JP out we can move him 5 yards either way?

If the OL is so bad, why have we not seen a "moving pocket" so far?  I am asking in seriousness. This team has guards that can pull we saw this last week.  Surely to help JP out we can move him 5 yards either way?

101943[/snapback]

We don't have guardS who can pull. Hence the reason Bannan was inserted in the lineup. Sir Larry is abysmal in space and rarely gets even a glove on anyone at the 2nd level. CV is marginally better at it but is much more of a mauler.

Add to that "Stone feet" and you have a recipe for disaster. I remember a moving pocket in the Raider game on a third down. Drew had time to throw the ball, even time to throw it away. He took a LONG sack.

In other words,  a rookie coming off of a broken leg and out of a mid-major college program is completely ready to lead this team?

Just to clarify once more,  you think a kid with zero big game collego or pro experience who was on crutches for the last couple of months gives us a better chance to win this Sunday than the QB we have?  The QB who could have easily beat the JETS on the road last time if the Defense didn't give up a last minute TD drive??

100964[/snapback]

Easily beat the Jets? Did you watch the same game I did? Nothing was easy in that game, we did nothing on offense for 54 minutes. Bledsoe is a has been, this team is going nowhere with him at the helm, nowhere. It is time to move on and prepare for next year as soon as Losman is healthy. Why waste next year and this year.

Yeah lets put our future QB at risk by playing him.

BRILLIANT!!!

You don't rehab a broken leg by having him play a football game. His leg is barely even healed yet. He needs to gain strength in the leg by building the muscles back up. The muscles will help protect that leg. Hell he could break it again just by tripping over someone's foot.

I am sorry but someone's supposed ego doesn't come before letting a kid heal. Nobody is that cruel.