Boldin

Well similar to Peters, it makes you wonder why there is such a lack of interest in Boldin for a 1st round pick. The Dols are looking for a WR and have the 25th overall pick. Surely Boldin would be better than any WR they could pick there.

Good point. It might be the huge contract that he wants.

I'm not dismissing Boldin's talent - I'd love to have the guy and would gladly give up the 2 to get him because he's a proven player. That doesn't mean he exists on an island (pretty much the way it's been for Evans his entire career).

In Boldin's rookie year, the team was 4-12 and outscored 452-225. Think they played from behind a lot and the passing stats got a little skewed because Blake/McCown were throwing against prevent?

No doubt...they were probably skewed some. But he did catch 100 of the 300 total receptions on the team. But I'm not arguing with you at all actually.

The question is, would you rather have Boldin or Evans? --(for the same price)-- Ironically, I think both players would actually do better in opposite situations. I think Boldin is more complete and would put up stronger #1 numbers with no help (I'm not including this TO rental year) and I think Evans would thrive as a better compliment to Fitz.

I think I'd take Boldin...but by a hair. I'm really excited to see what Evans can do with TO taking a lot of heat away.

What I dont understand is why doesnt Cle trade their second for Boldin, then turn around and trade Braylon for Giants 2nd and fith...

I mean, they get a way better WR and all they had to do was trade back a lil in the 2nd round...

Sometimes this stuff just makes too much sense...

How dare you talk of something logical :thumbsup:

Boldin wants #1 starter money !! .....thats + $9 million a year.....he is opposite the second best wide receiver in all of football in Larry Fitzgerald. Ever notice how these fabulous #2 wide receivers DISAPPEAR all of a sudden when they go to another team, become the #1 guy and have to fight thru constant double teams. I'm sorry but i'd rather have a $9 million dollar DEFENSIVE LINEMAN instead.

Boldin wants #1 starter money !! .....thats + $9 million a year.....he is opposite the second best wide receiver in all of football in Larry Fitzgerald. Ever notice how these fabulous #2 wide receivers DISAPPEAR all of a sudden when they go to another team, become the #1 guy and have to fight thru constant double teams. I'm sorry but i'd rather have a $9 million dollar DEFENSIVE LINEMAN instead.

Boldin has been very productive with and without Fitzgerald. He would be the "go to guy" on all but about 27 teams in the NFL. He is tough as nails. Anyone ever think that maybe Fitzgerald has benefited greatly from Boldin?

No doubt...they were probably skewed some. But he did catch 100 of the 300 total receptions on the team. But I'm not arguing with you at all actually.

The question is, would you rather have Boldin or Evans? --(for the same price)-- Ironically, I think both players would actually do better in opposite situations. I think Boldin is more complete and would put up stronger #1 numbers with no help (I'm not including this TO rental year) and I think Evans would thrive as a better compliment to Fitz.

I think I'd take Boldin...but by a hair. I'm really excited to see what Evans can do with TO taking a lot of heat away.

I agree with that completely. Evans is a homerun hitter - he's never going to be a guy who can do what Boldin does without a serious threat opposite of him. Boldin's toughness/size is the critical difference.